Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

I don't know what nod towards absolute realism I like more:

McKee being in dogshit decisions or Pete Spratt giving up his neck, as always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I was 12 when I made love for the first time, in Tropea, with a Roman girl who was 17 years old.

Lid posted:

I had literally no idea Antonio McKee was fighting that far back. God he sucked.

Fake edit: checking his wiki he's still fighting AND he fought in Bellator just last year AND he won.

How the gently caress do you keep fighting when on your record is you tapped to strikes from Shinya loving Aoki

he's so old his kid fought on that same Bellator card. apparently AJ's a drat good prospect.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

and she walked in
looking like dynamite

Antonio McKee was an internet favorite briefly because he led this angry, constant shittalking proto-social media campaign claiming Dana White and the UFC were scared of him, he was the actual best lightweight AND welterweight in the world and they didn't want him beating up their stars and he knew Dana when Dana was snorting coke in boxercise gyms and etc., and this went on for goddamn YEARS before the UFC finally signed him, and he was very outspoken about how they'd hosed up by bringing him in and he was going to break all their dudes and show the world what it had been missing.

He lost a curtain-jerking undercard fight that was so boring it had a Vegas undercard crowd booing loudly after getting outgrappled by Jacob "Christmas" Volkmann, who despite having ten UFC fights to his name is memorable solely for getting suspended repeatedly because he kept using his post-fight interviews to talk about how he was going to beat up Barack Obama.

Antonio McKee was immediately released from his four-fight contract. Years later he would respond to the whole thing by calling Dana White a bunch of gay slurs in the middle of what was ostensibly a press piece about his son.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CarlCX posted:

Antonio McKee was an internet favorite briefly because he led this angry, constant shittalking proto-social media campaign claiming Dana White and the UFC were scared of him, he was the actual best lightweight AND welterweight in the world and they didn't want him beating up their stars and he knew Dana when Dana was snorting coke in boxercise gyms and etc., and this went on for goddamn YEARS before the UFC finally signed him, and he was very outspoken about how they'd hosed up by bringing him in and he was going to break all their dudes and show the world what it had been missing.

He lost a curtain-jerking undercard fight that was so boring it had a Vegas undercard crowd booing loudly after getting outgrappled by Jacob "Christmas" Volkmann, who despite having ten UFC fights to his name is memorable solely for getting suspended repeatedly because he kept using his post-fight interviews to talk about how he was going to beat up Barack Obama.

Antonio McKee was immediately released from his four-fight contract. Years later he would respond to the whole thing by calling Dana White a bunch of gay slurs in the middle of what was ostensibly a press piece about his son.

i also remember when Bobby Green submitted Volkmann, in part because Joe Rogan was explaining what Bobby needed to do to finish the choke, and the fighters were close enough that Bobby could hear and implement the advice

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

Cabana's legal advice?
I'm bourgeoisie.
I... hit the shitty
firemans carry knee.

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ne...mann-at-ufc-125

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

So we've moved on to the next event.

First things first we should look at some news.

We let Guy Mezger sign with WEC to give WEC a chance to put together an event (they have barely any fighters).

This is basically so they can run bad events and then we can swoop in and buy them out.

OK so let's move on to PRIDE 18

Our PRIDE HW Grand Prix has started off well with Big Nog, Fedor, Don Frye & Randleman all getting wins to move on to the semifinals.

Anderson is slowly making a name for himself and could get a title shot soon.

We also have Randy being a dominant champion so far and he's doing well to add prestige to our title. Vitor losing puts a bit of a bummer and now I may consider moving him down to 205lbs.

We still made some money despite how lackluster this card was for us financially. Look at the attendance number, this was in Brazil which was 100% lucrative and we got squat overall. Next event is going to not be in Brazil.

Our Credibility took a bump

And we've gone up in popularity, but again not as much in Brazil as I was aiming for. We may do an occasional show in Brazil while looking at other venues.

However Tadao Yasuda retired ending his career at 1-2 overall.

We picked up some new hirings in the form of Josh Barnett & Tito Ortiz

Barnett also just recently fought and won the UFC title and we snagged him up right after.

The news of that day was all Barnett

Weirdly though Randy had a falling out with Matt Lindland and left Team Quest, who could have seen this happen?

Let's take a look at the rankings, first here's the Pound For Pound rankings in the world. We have 7 of the top 10.

OK now here's our rankings.

Now if you notice, we don't have a Lightweight Champion, so let's put a card together to get our LW Tournament going.

As you can tell, I wanna make Dan Henderson the dual weight champion he was in yesteryear.

We reached the end of 2001 and thus got our "Of The Year" Awards, we actually won a few, including one we didn't really want to covet.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 2, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

Cabana's legal advice?
I'm bourgeoisie.
I... hit the shitty
firemans carry knee.

Im fascinated in alternate universe UFC they signed Semmy Schilt

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

Lid posted:

Im fascinated in alternate universe UFC they signed Semmy Schilt

UFC had Schilt fight twice.

Once at UFC 31 vs Pete Williams, and once at UFC 32 vs Josh Barnett.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

Cabana's legal advice?
I'm bourgeoisie.
I... hit the shitty
firemans carry knee.

I had literally no idea.

Sign Semmy!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Push BAO QUACH

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

First up some major signings, mainly in the form of a top little man to hire to our promotion to raise the prestige of those lighter weight titles. Right now Jens is in our Bantamweight division (130-149 lbs)

Then we had our 2nd Chiansa Senshi show

Hendo winning the 2nd divisional title is great, though the reception is not so good for us. Hopefully we can get him in more exciting matches in the future.

Jeff Curran took the title of Royler which makes that division interesting. We may run that back since it was well received and was a Split Decision but we'll see how things play out overall.

We have HW Grand Prix & Lightweight Grand Prix brackets to update as well.

We made about as much money off this little show as we did off the recent major show in Brazil.

We got a nice bump in our popularity across the world

And our credibility is quite high.

LobsterMobster posted:

Push BAO QUACH

Good for you, Bao won his fight and has gotten up higher in the rankings. We'll slowly build him up.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 5, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

Cabana's legal advice?
I'm bourgeoisie.
I... hit the shitty
firemans carry knee.

Tiki Ghosn v Karo needs to happen

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I thought the redtext someone dumped on you was in bad taste and a bit much so here's a corgi instead.

Mekchu posted:

Hendo winning the 2nd divisional title is great, though the reception is not so good for us. Hopefully we can get him in more exciting matches in the future.

That's asking a lot from Decision Dan. The guy who went to a decision 3 times in one night in Rings

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

We also have booked the next show. You may note that Randleman is in our HW Grand Prix, but he is also in a big argument with Cro Cop that is "White Hot" and is worthy of a main event slot. We are also able to crown our Lightweight Champion at this event which we will. We can also toss in a few new arrivals you may recognize like Andrei Arlovski onto the card.

We also are making a play for the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion whose contract has come up for reneweal.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I was 12 when I made love for the first time, in Tropea, with a Roman girl who was 17 years old.

Mekchu posted:

We also have booked the next show. You may note that Randleman is in our HW Grand Prix, but he is also in a big argument with Cro Cop that is "White Hot" and is worthy of a main event slot. We are also able to crown our Lightweight Champion at this event which we will. We can also toss in a few new arrivals you may recognize like Andrei Arlovski onto the card.

We also are making a play for the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion whose contract has come up for reneweal.

ooooh yes, i like this

(sadly UFC took down the video on Youtube of Randleman vs Cro Cop I, aka the one where Chuck Liddell is in Randleman's corner and his KO of Mirko causes Mauro Ranallo to absolutely lose his poo poo)

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

I also feel it is fitting I interrupt a tournament for a needless match that may go south for the tournament participant.

«4 »