Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
My Netflix recommendations:
You should see Devilman Crybaby once. Just once. It will destroy your soul, but it's excellent. Pair it with something happy or nostalgic, you will need it.

Gun Gale Online (GGO) is surprisingly good in spite of its origins as a Sword Art Online spin off. Just a fun show about people making friends in a battle royale game.

BNA is Trigger's latest outing. A human girl suddenly turns into a beastman in a world where beastman are hunted and she flees to the only sanctuary--Anima City! It's not their most stellar work, but it's still pretty good, stylish, and unlike some of their stuff you can watch it in the living room. Related, Little Witch Academia, one of their earlier works, is also very fun and suitable for all ages.

Cells at Work is a really happy show that is going to tell you more than you ever wanted to know about obscure human bodily functions. Trillions of cells, all working hard to keep you healthy!

The Dorohedoro anime covers juuuuust the first part of a very weird, very wild, very violent manga. Watch it! Why does this man have a lizard head? Why is there a human head inside his lizard head? Why is Nikaido's gyoza so delicious? All of this is still in chaos! That is Dorohedoro!

Knights of Sidonia is a very weird scifi show about humanity's last ship, fleeing an unknowable, implacable, and utterly horrifying threat. Tragically, the show does not cover the whole manga, but it's still pretty good. A fave among enbies like myself for reasons that will become clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The CGI was...okay for its time but honestly, it's a shame when you compare it to the manga because Tsutomu Nihei's art is just remarkable.

Oh and I'll also second Kakegurui. It's so weird because all of the parts of seem like I should hate it because it's so horny it's should feel sleazy but it's also just utterly, ridiculously, over the top in every way. My favorite summary of the series is that there is the private school for future world leaders and CEOs that operates under a philosophy where a good gambler makes a good leader. Naturally, it settles into a way like the real world economy, where status is relatively static because nobody takes real risks. Then a girl comes in who is a gambling addict and loving terrorizes all the little shits there because she doesn't care about all the delicate schemes they've set up to secure their fortunes and status, because she's doing it all for the thrill of it.