Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Boxman posted:

Someone with more experience with the meta series, where does Iron Blooded Orphans fit into the quality scale? Because, weird random harem aside, I'm enjoying it, and I might be tempted to track down more Gundam. I haven't watched it since the old Cartoon Network days of Wing and G Gundam (and I recognize G is really different from everything else).

IBO is fairly high on the quality scale. i don't necessarily wanna turn this thread into pure gundamchat but if you like it there's a lot of places to go from there. my personal recommendation is always thunderbolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Boxman posted:

Okay, cool, I’ll continue revisiting my childhood with more Gundam then.

My nerd shame is that I’ve never actually seen the original Gundam, I just know bits and pieces from cultural osmosis. do I need it for any of the UC stuff, or are they stand alone enough?

If you just watch the opening narration you'll be good for a lot of the side stories

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i did and i thought it was fine. not sure i'd have ever noticed if it wasn't for that being the one thing every discussion of brotherhood always starts with

also everyone should watch dorohedoro

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Google Butt posted:

if i watched dbz and gundam wing on cartoon network as a literal child, what should i try watching now?

what kind of shows do you like to watch outside of anime? if you're looking for something cool and actiony feeling like those shows, check out gurren lagann, megalo box, and definitely check out one punch man.