Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Quick, someone try and sell people on Avatar

Being serious, considering how massively popular it is, I'm shocked there hasn't been an attempt at a One Piece Kai or something better paced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

esperterra posted:

Has anyone ever watched JUST FMA: Brotherhood without watching the original first, or at least the original up to where Brotherhood picks up? Because the pacing of the first handful of episodes just blasts through a bunch of the story due to the original anime adapting it properly until they ran out of content and had to make their own ending.

I love both series but I feel like Brotherhood would feel really weird pacing wise if you hadn't seen the original.

I watched the original and then Brotherhood but remembered very little of the first version aside from 'Oh yeah, the priest with the fake philosopher stone' and 'oh yeah, making a chimera that talks' stuff like that but I don't remember a ton of stuff.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

7 Deadly Sins is one of those stupid Shonen shows I shouldn't watch, but I loving love.

'This barrier is strong enough to withstand a dozen greater dragon's assault! They'll starve to death inside there, trapped forever!'

*They break out on accident while arm wrestling*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Google Butt posted:

if i watched dbz and gundam wing on cartoon network as a literal child, what should i try watching now?

Well, asking that question will get a couple recommendations from everyone who likes anime regardless if your tastes:

Fullmetal Alchemist/ Brotherhood
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Personally, I'd also recommend Castlevania and One Punch Man. Every one has nothing but good things about ONE'S other good show Mob Psycho 100 so maybe check that out too. The new Digimon series on Hulu has been pretty great so far as well, but it doesn't have a dub yet if that's a deal breaker.