Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just Deca-Dence, Great Pretender, and Millionaire Detective on my list for now. I may check out Appare-Ranman at some point as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm excited, for more Haikyuu!!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
pretty sure I've made more threads for shows I never finished than ones I did finish, but generally start a thread because I'm interested in a thing and looking forward to watching it -- sometimes the interest fizzles if the show isn't that great, mostly I just have a hard time finishing anything even when I really like it.

Furnaceface posted:

I consider this a challenge so I will make the S3 DanMachi thread where I hate watch the first 4 episodes, stop watching, then binge the rest in the last 2 weeks because it still didnt live up to the good stuff in S1 like the minotaur fight.
not trying to be like "no don't dare make a thread with this attutude" but just in general, imo, the hatewatch atmosphere kinda sucks in a thread about a show. I know some people (somehow) get some enjoyment out of watching things they hate but it's kind of a bummer if you're watching something because you genuinely like it but are having to post alongside people who are just watching so they can poo poo on something.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Furnaceface posted:

I was trying to make a joke. :(

sorry, I really wasn't trying to pick on you it's just a thing that has bothered me on more than one occasion so your post was kind of a jumping off point :shobon:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
maybe not from the page posted but getting the title and the mal page means you can see the whole thing is about that, why would you need to read further lmao

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pootybutt posted:

Here's another: gosick

I didn't forget that one! Although I do remember it mostly because the opening animation is so pretty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOrkj_MFXm8

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

I remember Un-Go being good/fun? Don't know if it'd qualify as "period", though.

very fun op/ed songs too

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
there's a ton of stuff on that list that's really well-regarded and regularly get recommended even if people aren't talking about them constantly.

tbh it kinda sounds like "stands out" to you means "shonen action show" if FMA and MHA are the main ones that you can ID, and there's a lot of variety on that list that you might be missing out on (I didn't realize No. 6 was one of theirs lol). Ouran High School Host Club would certainly be considered a classic, just as one example.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 22, 2020

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think some of the issue is that saying their shows were forgettable or not classics is kind of ignoring the impact and popularity of a really large portion of their catalog and that's not really a taste thing, you can dislike BSD for instance but that doesn't mean that it still isn't enormously popular with a really active fanbase. "I don't care for most of their shows" is a different statement and is perfectly valid, you're allowed to not like things :)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

AmiAmi and CD Japan are still the main go to's as far as I'm aware

in addition to these I've bought stuff on the JP amazon before, but you have to make a separate account (if you have an existing US account it doesn't carry over) and they don't always ship to the US but it's an option to check if you can't find it elsewhere.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Black Stones posted:

I don’t think you do. I ordered from Amazon JP this January before all the covid stuff hit and it let me use my Canadian account by just switching regions in the app. Worked just fine.

e: either I imagined having to make a new account or misremembered because I just switched regions and it showed my .jp purchases so idk where I got that. I could swear I had to make an entirely new account initially but it's been at least over a year since I first did it so who knows lol

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 23, 2020

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
that sounds like an extremely niche audience sample not a broad representation of everyone who watched a show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:rolleyes: