Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I'm watching rent a girlfriend now and it's pretty good? The protag is annoying but hoping the character moves on to being less annoying. It's quite funny.

Also watching railgun T. I'm surprised or maybe not that no one's mentioned it. This season has been really good! Why isn't every J.C.staff show animated this well. Also it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

AnoHito posted:

The wort part about Index is that they ignore the super-cool science/esper bit of the setting with a lot of unique and interesting lore around it in exchange for boring and kind of generic fantasy stuff.

Coincidentally, the best part about Railgun is it does the opposite.

also the animation/art quality in railgun is light years better than index or accelerator. i really don't understand the inconsistency.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Endorph posted:

Animators would rather animate cute girls than shonen teens

doesn't help that the railgun characters in general are alot more interesting

Waffleman_ posted:

I dunno much about Raildex but the one Railgun song is very good, so that's something Railgun has going for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuCB-3YavxA&list=PLQRd-BBmRNx_04BKlB8-JHgORsHnyG4tP

auto tag fucks up playlist links :(

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 25, 2020

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Nate RFB posted:

The first OP from season 2 has always been my favorite fripside:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNWITQJzbls

sister's noise is loving excellent.

Silver2195 posted:

The "science side" and the "magic side" parts of the setting are both kind of stupid, honestly. The former is based on physical/technological/mathematical concepts the author doesn't actually understand, the latter is based on religious/folkloric/historical/philosophical concepts the author doesn't actually understand. The magic side villains have dumber motivations, though (like that woman who hates all technology because her brother was killed in an amusement park accident).

all of the magic side people look like final fantasy characters and antagonists.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Nitrousoxide posted:

I found the teleporting girl in Railgun very annoying, and I've given up watching the first season a few times because of her.

she is especially annoying early in the first season. they tone it down a lot over time.

i almost didnt continue watching because of the ecchi poo poo surrounding her in the first season. thankfully it's just early on really.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i think my favorite comfy show in the last... decade probably was Today's Menu for the Emiya Family. such a wholesome show.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Go check out Restaurant to Another World if you've not already seen it.

also good!

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
New railgun was good and mostly chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Dumpster diving gacha