Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I used to think flesh fangs were an abomination but Uzaki-chan is making me come around.

https://i.imgur.com/Qi5LEf4.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Yeah, I looked up some stuff about Rental GF and hooooo boy is that show attracting some intense incel rage. I don't know why anyone would care about what the average "anime blogger" thinks.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Furnaceface posted:

I know most of the jokes in Uzaki-chan have been done a thousand times before but something about it still made me laugh anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/XT5L9dS.gifv

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Furnaceface posted:

Yeah that one in particular I couldnt resist laughing at. I think its just good voice acting?
Heeeey heeeey sennnpaaaaai!

Uzaki's cackling and heckling at the batting cage was so perfect. She's so annoying and I can't get enough of it.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Nitrousoxide posted:

Rent-A-Girlfriend is a story of a slow-moving disaster in the making, and I just love it.

The second episode is so good. A lesser show might have spread all those "oh poo poo" moments into a couple episodes but the situation becoming increasingly complicated with every scene change is phenomenal, and it looks like it's just going to keep getting worse. I hope this train's got no brakes.

Gacha whale grandma had me in tears. It's the regular safe option but I want Chizuru and Kazuya to hit it off because she definitely has a soft spot for Grandma, but I think Nagomi is cool enough that even if she found out the truth that she would still get along with Chizuru.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/DIkBIGr.gifv
This show knows exactly what it is and isn't ashamed one iota, which I respect. It helps that Uzaki is hilarious and Sakurai is good as a straight man to the silliness.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Nitrousoxide posted:

Man, rental girlfriend is so great.

It wasn't as funny as last week, but it had some good bits. Mizuhara stepping out to get out of a jam and shove Mami's face in it at the same time was very good.

Kazuya fuckin' sucks. It's a realistic depiction of a pathetic young adult in that he has some self-awareness about it, but it means nothing unless he actually does something to improve himself. Mami is awful too, but at least her ugly side is funny. I really want to know more about what her deal is.

It seems like she's got two Twitter accounts, since the username on her phone in this ep is different from the one that blocked Kazuya. I was wondering whose account was the one in the OP and it looks like that question's been answered.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Oh yeah, I certainly think they're good characters in that they do a really good job of portraying those types of people and making me want to see where the story goes. The situations are funny in their awkwardness but I definitely feel bad about Chizuru being roped in and dragged deeper due to Kazuya's inability to stop lying.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

Got to see Uzaki Ep2 and I kind of wish those baps weren't so huge. Love the character reactions. Definitely a fun watch.

あれ?

あれれ?

あれれれれ??

あれれれれれ?!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I could definitely see myself quickly getting bored if it wasn't for the funny voice acting and animation. Those two things alone are doing most of the heavy lifting for my enjoyment of the show so far.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Boob jokes can, in fact, be funny.

See also: wiener jokes, butt jokes

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I liked this week's Kanokari since Kazuya finally sacked up and did the right thing in front of everyone. Of course things are still going to spiral out of control with that ending but it'll be fun and I don't totally dislike him like I did last week. Next episode seems like it's gonna have more grandma, which I'm looking forward to.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/Z7rescc.gifv

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I love the gremlin energy Ruka brings to the table. The way she just fuckin' executed Kuri was ice-cold.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Chizuru reacted way better than I was expecting she would. She really is the most put-together person in this show.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Satsuki Yukino is cool and I hope they finally get around to the last season of Full Metal Panic before she decides to completely retire.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Hell

YES

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

*ahem*, they're sugoi dekai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Kanokari started off strong but instead of a finale it just kinda... stopped. Is it getting another season or is it just an extended ad for the manga?