Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I mean it's been 10 years, apart from the relapse in 2016 where I got a dreadnought from eBay. Please just give me good reasons either way.
Help, am really tempted, oh god I am going to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers

Maybe if I huff a little of the (official games workshop) plastic glue then I can get by.

RickRogers

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Are you a wealthy person with lots of disposable income? How are your tiny painting skills? These are the two most important questions.

I am a gardener with 3 kids. I can definitely hold a brush and lick it to a point.

Slumpy posted:

op i also have JUST started talking about getting into 40k. do you wanna play table top simulator 40k

Does it let me buy kit after kit and then assemble half, then paint half of those and then the rest get put in a big "to do" pile until I sell them in eBay about 13 years later? Does it let me rent a dingy, social club back-room on a Friday night with a bunch of other losers and then we all discover that the treasurer has embezzled our money and we owe the club like 6 months, whilst he has disappeared to some other county?

If not then, yeah probably.

gently caress heroin, I like to live dangerously.

RickRogers

Luvcow posted:

i'm trying to get a copy, will report back

Please hurry Luvcow, I'm slipping. I need to clip some grey plastic out of a frame.

RickRogers

Was thinking of maybe an all female space marine army, complete with a detailed lore companion that I could read to my opponent before every game.

RickRogers

prepuce repurposed posted:

time has passed and wounds have healed. It's time for Domino's to bring back the noid in a BIG way or else sell him off the the highest bidder. imagine how pissed off he must be by now

I bet he's in a Micky Rourke downward spiral rn :ohdear:

Oh poo poo, I Wiki'd it, and that was some 'incident'.
I wonder if the dude also wore red spandex a lot.

RickRogers

quote:

"Noid spent time in a mental institution, but committed suicide in 1995"

:sadwave:

RickRogers

old friend posted:

get an adult hobby instead OP like drudgery or maybe toiling.

If anyone still loving cares I ordered the new edition box set and am currently working out my painting schemes and which paints to buy and if the GW clippers are worth the money and kill me and what brushes I might need, and when is the actual codex being released and help me god, and what's up with those new fangled technical paints?

RickRogers

I'm feeling very still
And I think my paintbrush knows which way to go
Tell my wife I love her very much

RickRogers

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I actually like painting tiny things OP I did not mean to be rude

I loved painting them before, then I got into rock work and now I am coming full circle somehow. I am justifying the expense with "bonding time with the kids".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers

I once lost a game then afterwards realised my opponent had benefited from some stupid pinning rule we misinterpreted.
Anywho, I did the whole "huh, well look if you read here..." schtick and then sulked so much the next club meeting that we agreed a rematch and I won.
There is no value to this story, I am just an awful loser and person when I pick dice up.