Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

Djarum posted:

It's not just liquor, isopropyl alcohol has been basically nonexistent since this started. What is being produced is either going to medical/science or being made into hand sanitizer. I ran out a couple months into this mess and haven't been able to resupply since.

Have you tried amazon, Ive been able to get 90% I just have to buy it in gallon-bulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
An upside to all the Hunter probing:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/gops-hunter-biden-probe-digs-up-dirt-on-rick-perrys-ties-to-ukrainian-gas-deals
(They uncovered more Trump corruption)

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Unintentionally bad, really? How loving stupid does Booker have to be to draft a statement like that and think "Yeah, this sounds good."

Let me be explicit about this because I know what people will think -- I'm voting Biden, I'm praying for a Dem Senate, etc etc. But again, at least the GOP is telling me gently caress you, and I'm saying that right back. The Dems are telling me gently caress you, too bad or else, gee golly we're shocked the GOP are duplicitous just SHOCKED, decorum will win the day, you don't have a choice but to vote for us gently caress you.

GOP isn't telling you "gently caress you", though. They are definitely lying to you and trying to get your vote, just putting less effort into it.

You're talking yourself into hating Democrats more because you feel a sense of betrayal and it sucks that they're the best option even if they're not a good one.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

-Blackadder- posted:

I think people have caught on to Trump's endless poo poo talking and suspect that Trump stealing the election is the 2020 version of the 2016 "watch Trump start a fuckin war". Everyone think's hes going to do it because he's literally the poster boy for it, and he'll certainly try, but in the end, in a classic subverting of expectations, he won't, because he's a failson that incompetently squanders every piece of luck that comes his way. The GOP won't save him because he's a huge liability and with Ginsburg dead and a new Justice being rammed through they're going to get everything they want from him on his way out the door anyway. Better to let Trump take the heat for their bloody gains while they pull a 180 kickflip to rail grind on January 22nd and spam old quotes of themselves talking poo poo about him back in 2015 on Twitter.

Yeah, his plan requires everyone to go along. Stopping counts before they're done is straight illegal, while Bush's argument about limiting the amount of recounts was at least a thing that could be asked. He'd need everyone, from the national to the state level, to come along and deny votes being counted. I don't know why they would, unless they're just done with democracy and want to get this fascism engine started and get that civil war happening. On the other hand, the way Trump is talking is horrifying and should make anyone who cares about democracy a mixture of angry/spooked/disgusted. He's clearly setting the stage to discard any shift that comes from counting, which is horrible, and he keeps talking about how he might not accept the results of the election, which is dictator poo poo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

lol

trump admin's so corrupt that investigating their enemies reveals more trump corruption

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Gaj posted:

Have you tried amazon, Ive been able to get 90% I just have to buy it in gallon-bulk.

Yeah but the prices are just insane. In the before times you could get a gallon of medical grade for under :10bux: and that was highway robbery. Spending 40 bucks on it now is just nuts. I mean I am really running into the point where I am needing it but the part of my brain that tells me “Don’t pay scalper prices” is still winning.

If it gets to November and I still can’t get any for a reasonable price I’ll probably break, but I’ll do it kicking and screaming.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GreyjoyBastard posted:

lol

trump admin's so corrupt that investigating their enemies reveals more trump corruption

it's like when you go to a really good clamming beach and you don't really have to look for the little water spouts, you could literally dig anywhere and you find clams just by dint of digging

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1309260096883625985

And people were worried that Ginsburg would motivate the GOP?

Keep in mind that Fox News is actually an A+ rated pollster

Meanwhile, Trump is bragging about winning in states that are heavily pro-Trump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1309253968304828416

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

What do you mean? Was the district judge at least on paper qualified? I can understand resistance on blatantly unqualified or partisan judges but you need to provide more context on this.

I am looking at this list of Trump nominations for US court of appeals and only 3 were appointed with 90+ votes, 6 were 80+, etc and more than half were confirmed on partisan lines.

For district courts out of 161 nominations that have gone to a vote about 90 were passed with bipartisan supported as defined as "at least 1 democrat", but it doesn't appear to me at a glance to be a rubber stamping process by Democrats. As I understand it Democrats don't actually have all that many procedural options to do anything more but slightly slow down the process and if the nominee is at least on paper qualified "being appointed by Trump" and being partisan about it aren't really seen as good reasons to obstruct the process.

e:

There were according to some quick googling 44 vacancies at the beginning of Obama's term and 88 at the end. So some of those Bush vacancies presumably blocked by Democrats, so this isn't a particularly fruitful argument to make especially when that only suggests that 88 of Trump's nominees should be "blocked" but the other 73 were fine? This was not something Dems had held consistently the moral principled high ground on and while Republicans were far worse about blocking Obama's nominees towards the last two years of office this doesn't clearly suggest the answer is to keep escalating.

Who loving cares if they're qualified? If you apply the same standards Republicans apply these are conservative appointees and the Democrats should be doing everything they can to stop or slow down every single one. Even an ounce less opposition means you're conceding all the courts forever because the GOP will certainly not be giving your nominees the same sort of friendly consideration in the future. If one party in Congress plays hardball and the other plays the role of reasonable bipartisans then the second group is doomed unless they can consistently win more elections (there is zero evidence being reasonable or compromising leads to winning elections; I would actually anticipate the opposite effect).

The Democrats may genuinely never hold the courts again in our lifetimes if they continue with this strategy and control of the Senate/Presidency continues to bounce back and forth between the parties with some regularity.

I hate to say it but... It's time for some game theory.

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 25, 2020

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Glumwheels posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1309150603797499904

Everyone is hitting Trump from every angle.

I also think Kyle is getting frustrated, dude needs a break.
I read her book. The Trump inheritance was only 30mil and there's a ton of unaccounted money that went to Donald through other means. So Donald inherits the untold Trump fortune through other means and is then tasked with handling the minor 30mil inheritance that will be presented and taxed legally. Donald takes the opportunity to cheat his family out of that money as well.

She also doesn't think Donald is a sociopath, surprisingly.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Djarum posted:

Yeah but the prices are just insane. In the before times you could get a gallon of medical grade for under :10bux: and that was highway robbery. Spending 40 bucks on it now is just nuts. I mean I am really running into the point where I am needing it but the part of my brain that tells me “Don’t pay scalper prices” is still winning.

If it gets to November and I still can’t get any for a reasonable price I’ll probably break, but I’ll do it kicking and screaming.

Grocery stores here in Ohio seem to have gotten fully restocked, you can get huge jugs of it for about 10 bucks now.

Strangely enough the thing that is hard to find is plain hand soap in any size larger than the little soda can-esque dispensers.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Medullah posted:

I bought 6 months worth of booze from Costco right when the lock downs started in March. It lasted 3.

I cannot get over that Costco sells booze in the states. Canada (Ontario in particular) has some very strong points but cheap, easily accessible hooch is not among them. The legal weed sucks too.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

olylifter posted:

I cannot get over that Costco sells booze in the states. Canada (Ontario in particular) has some very strong points but cheap, easily accessible hooch is not among them. The legal weed sucks too.

It's only some states. I live in Idaho, and since we're ruled by the Mormon Fun Police, we can't get anything but beer and wine at Costco (and our state liquor stores are limited in what they can carry), but then there's states like California where Costco can sell basically whatever they want for substantially less money.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'll believe it when I see it, but if Biden wins Ohio he won't need FL

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

CommieGIR posted:

Their latest talking point is "We're not getting involved" in the Presidential vote.

"The role of the military is neither to remove a President from power, nor to assist one in an unlawful attempt to maintain it."

Quick and to the point, my consultancy invoice is in the mail.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'll believe it when I see it, but if Biden wins Ohio he won't need FL

He doesn't need FL with PA and AZ either.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Grondoth posted:

"We're such irresponsible liars that our audience knows not to trust us!"

-A NEWS ORGANIZATION

how is the legally defensible? even under first amendment laws?

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s possible. We know he has hearing problems.

he was doing that same cool body language as when he got booed in the stadium: stiff back, eyes half-closed, trying to go to his happy place to avoid melting down

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/dbernstein/status/1309272601076748288

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1309266059590017024

economy aint helping trump at all it seems.
meanwhile trump had another jerk off session super spreader.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1309274470503387138
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1309273030825304065
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1309286555312443394

basicaly all grievance and projection poo poo. nothing new.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
two of my coworkers went to the jacksonville rally :negative:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The only hope I have left is that I might outlive both Trump and McConnell. It's not much but sometimes I reflect on how people like Reagan and Thatcher are dead and I'm still here, and I get a little satisfaction from it.

It makes me sad that I will not outlive so many of the right wing scum who spend all day vomiting hate and lies out into our world, and grow rich from it. I worry that their crimes will be washed away and forgotten like the Nixonites and Reaganites who still poison our society, and pass themselves off as elder statesmen and voices of authority.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Grondoth posted:

He doesn't need FL with PA and AZ either.

"In a 6-3 descision, the SC has decided that you can only become President if you win Florida".

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
McConnell's eventual gravesite is going to need to have 24 hour surveillance. Otherwise it's going to forever look like that pile of triceratops poo poo from Jurassic Park.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

"In a 6-3 descision, the SC has decided that you can only become President if you win Florida".

Well, just like packing the court, we cannot begin to heal as a nation until we saw off Florida so maybe that will force the issue.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/AliVelshi/status/1309298796669493248?s=20

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

He's such a loving dog. Just do your job, jesus christ. He whines and moans like a dog.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

eggyolk posted:

He's such a loving dog. Just do your job, jesus christ. He whines and moans like a dog.

He’s just a tremendous pussy.

He whines and mewls and refuses to take responsibility for a single loving thing in his soft, bitch-rear end life. Just a quivering, thunderous pusscake.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

eggyolk posted:

:vince:

you did it. the thing Trump hasn’t been able to do in four (five?) years.

you properly applied the characteristics of a dog to a person in order to insult them.

Trump shits outside in public like a dog too, albeit involuntarily

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

Jasque posted:

I manage a liquor store in SC, and it's already happening. Mainly because of Covid-19 though. A lot of the most basic poo poo is just out... Not enough was produced to handle the drinking load brought about by lock-downs, bar closures, and soon, this hosed up election.

this is interesting; I haven't noticed any changes at all, but I drink > 50% vermont made liquor.

Should I be stocking up?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1309285759741030402?s=21

Yaha mhm sure okay.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

How does anyone believe this guy?

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

LeeMajors posted:

He’s just a tremendous pussy.

He whines and mewls and refuses to take responsibility for a single loving thing in his soft, bitch-rear end life. Just a quivering, thunderous pusscake.

https://twitter.com/EmersonPolling/status/1309267620026183680

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Grondoth posted:

either their career or their personal self worth depends solely on believing him

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Grondoth posted:

Its not believing so much is its not caring. If someone curb stomped regressive conservatism into the ground for the next 30 years or so I'd believe they were a ham sandwich if they told me so.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1309289012289560577

i will support a trump re-election if it results in this dipshit getting arrested

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Mr Interweb posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1309289012289560577

i will support a trump re-election if it results in this dipshit getting arrested

Aaron Sorkin really loving sucks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

olylifter posted:

And the Costco brand liquor is pretty good! I get their Irish Whiskey and it tastes enough like Jameson for half the price, I'm stoked.

Edit - You don't have to be a member to buy booze either.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

azflyboy posted:

It's only some states. I live in Idaho, and since we're ruled by the Mormon Fun Police, we can't get anything but beer and wine at Costco (and our state liquor stores are limited in what they can carry), but then there's states like California where Costco can sell basically whatever they want for substantially less money.

Georgia laws mean Costco proper can only sell beer and wine but you can walk out of Costco, take ten steps, and go into a different entrance to Costco Liquor.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

So at minimum 4% percent of people planning to vote for Trump and think he kept all his promises also think he’s a wimp. Has there ever been a survey for how many Republicans have humiliation fetishes, cause I’m seriously thinking a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

hasn the region been pretty peaceful for like 2 decades?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/24/trump-presidential-transition-421465

yeah he is a dumb gently caress. but apparently part of the staff are already preparing for leaving.