Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Lol this is such a disaster of a pick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Harris has cosponsored bills on de scheduling marijuana (including Cory Booker's MORE act) so...

But as pointed out Biden's the one who's anti-weed.

Considering how she backed off on (correctly) calling him a segregationist I think she’ll fall into line on this.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

LinYutang posted:

Of course it means something. It shows that Biden and Harris don't hold grudges and are willing to work with each other despite their differences, which squishy liberals like.

Also of note:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1293282782433677312

She correctly called him out on being a segregationist and scampered away from it the next day, she has a spine of wet sand.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Pick posted:

Unwanted touching is not sexual assault. It's actually one of the reasons why I, as a woman, would like to see some of the older and more clear terminology employed. Biden himself admitted that his standards for personal space and touching needed to change, but that is not the same as saying her saying that he is guilty of or admitted guilt for rape.

No, I’d say it is.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

But online leftists say she’s a cop :magemage:

I wonder how much Trump’s stupidity and bad messaging will now push people towards Kamala.

She is a cop though.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Pick posted:

Some guy touching my hair is obnoxious but it's not rape. The only reason to try to equate those things is to manipulate the experiences of women for personal political ends. No woman who has experience both would say that they are the same.

Joe Biden has done way more than that though.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Youth Decay posted:

Hot take: Being a District Attorney and Attorney General does not make someone a "cop". You can argue that she hosed up many times in her tenure in those positions and is too harsh on crime but the public at large does not associate her with being a cop or supporting cops in the most recent protests.

I’d say bragging about being the Top Cop of California does.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

The Super-Id posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress cops. gently caress cop adjacents. gently caress cop enablers.

Maybe she’s changed, but she feels like a hollow suit politician so I doubt it. Still, I agree with most people here that her as VP doesn’t really change much in this race.

She backed off on calling Biden a segregationist, why should anyone believe she’s changed?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Pick posted:

If someone lifts one of my long golden hairs off of a chair and jerks off to it later, that still doesn't mean I was raped. Where are you were raped is not actually a matter of whether you emotionally feel like you were raped, it's a matter of whether a specific action took place.

Kamala Never agreed with the premise that she believed Biden was guilty of digital penetration, which is what you were claiming that the article says, when it does not. She was talking about a completely different action.

You especially do not get to define what is and isn’t rape given your posting history.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Captain Stalin posted:

I don't think many even vaguely left people are super happy about the pick.

However, I confess that the strategy of picking the centerest centrist and then letting the Trump campaign sell her to the left isn't a bad idea.

Do you really think it will work?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Captain Stalin posted:

If it doesn't, it won't be due to lack of trying on Trump's part.

I just don’t think “we should use fascists to sell centrists to leftists” is a very healthy strategy overall.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

god i want the debates so bad

It’s what the American Empire deserves.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

How are u posted:

It is quite clearly going somewhere, just not going fast enough for you. Sorry.

No, this is quite incorrect, it really isn’t.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Pick posted:

It's a guy who looked at information, considered it, and then changed his mind. That's actually a good thing.

No, when it comes to abandoning abolishing ICE it’s actually really bad and deeply loving immoral.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Yeah I just can't bring myself to "celebrate her life" given the damage unleashed by her ego.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Rea posted:

You're assuming the Dems are voting based on specific issues and not "gently caress the rude man in the White House."

If there's one thing I'm not worrying about tonight, it's depressed Dem turnout.

What happens if Trump sues his way to the Supreme Court and they throw out enough mail in ballots and stop enough recounts to hand him the presidency?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Covok posted:

Biden will not court pack. Liberals are too spineless.

Biden winning is a big op’ “if” at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

The debates are going to be a race to the absolute loving bottom.