Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

USPOL Summer: Down to kool-aid drinkers and next of kin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/1284174093449822208

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

As a masochist who follows that walking human persecution complex Andy Ngo, it's safe to say that CHUD's are absolutely squirming with delightful indignation at videos of the bloodthirsty anarchist "mob" confronting those poor innocent white policemen.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It says a lot that the only critiques you'll get of calling the us a police state is people saying that there are other, worse police states out there. And yes I know there are demographics who are unpoliced and free to live their lives in the US. Every single police state has a protected group, poo poo, the existence of such a group is one of the clearest signifiers of a police state.

sure give into the mob appease them, give them what they want, dont you get it, you can never appease them, they want more & more, its not about the statue, its about power and anarchy, I bet none of those people even care about that statue or even know what statue it is

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Speaking of bitches.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

Well-known tools of violence... the shield and gas mask.

https://twitter.com/HomelandKen/status/1286123244588871680?s=20

The proper way to protest in America is to be beaten and gassed for your beliefs and LIKE IT.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

The ratio of peaceful protesters to violent only increases with the heavy handed tactics of the cops. If you actually talk to the people decked out in black with gas masks and shields, they almost always started out peaceful, right up to the point where they were beaten and gassed.

If you get beaten and gassed whether you're carrying a sign or a shield, why wouldn't you start taking measures to protect yourself and others while protesting?

Moreover, that poo poo will radicalize you right quick, and give you the justification for lashing back out at the concealed forces that dealt the first blow. We're in for a vicious cycle when the state's leader is a moron who literally always hits back.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

The Covington MAGA hat kid won his defamation lawsuit against the Washington Post for an undisclosed amount. I know nobody wants to mention it here because it's depressing as gently caress, but it's all over CHUD twitter.

His lawyers already hit CNN earlier this year for a quarter billion, also settling for an undisclosed amount. Sounds like soon they'll be going after NBCUniversal, the New York Times, CBS News, ABC News, Gannett and Rolling Stone. Apparently they tried to claim 33 instances of libel but only got 3 to stick. I'm trying to find details on what those particular instances were but can only find this:

quote:

three published statements in articles that the plaintiff took issue with in the initial suit — which all included claims that Sandmann “blocked” Phillips and “would not allow him to retreat” — were plausible enough to move the lawsuit forward to the discovery phase.

So if you report on an event as it happens, even if you make 99% correct observations, if only a few wind up being wrong in hindsight then you can be sued into oblivion. Just seems like a manifestation of the war on journalism in Trump's Grifter Paradise.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

A Typical Goon posted:

I’m not sure how that video at all disproves that the Convington students were being smug racist shits?

But I guess ‘actually the real racists are people calling others racist’ both sidesism

Part of the reason I brought it up was in the hope that somebody could find out exactly what the 3 instances of "libel" actually were, because I've got a hunch they're way more benign than what most of RWM does daily.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

Jon McNaughton has released another...well I dunno what to call them. Slightly more ornate political cartoons. Yes, Jon, the spirit of JFK would totally put his hand on Trump's shoulder.

As a classically trained realist painter it's incredibly tempting to be the anti-McNaughton, but just never seems quite worth the effort.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

highme posted:

It’s amazing. Right before this happened I was standing there with my wife and one of my friends. All of the sudden a line of moms rolls between my wife and I heading towards the courthouse. I look across the line to see my wife put on her helmet and goggles and jump in with the rest. That was a bit panic inducing for me, because we hadn’t discussed direct action tonight. I got a quick reply to a text and when I looked up these guys had turned and were facing me so I had an easy way to initiate conversation.

This is an amazing visual.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

You guys think you're so smart but prove my chronic back pain isn't caused by me banging demons.

Go away Lowtax sex demon.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Kale posted:

I honestly can't tell what the difference between the GOP and some random shitposter on social media is supposed to be anymore.

Recently I had an unusual sympathetic moment with a random Twitter shitposter. She was off her rocker, just flinging poo poo wherever Fox news told her to. I did a little digging on her Tweets and found a 2 year silent streak where she pupated from random CHUD to flaming OAN psycho.

Turns out her husband was a detective who died on duty, which was when she stopped tweeting. Now she's jumped back into the game with all that fun new baggage. I just told her sorry for your loss, (ACAB crew jump in HERE) we'd never agree on anything, and that she should find a healthier outlet for her grief. Some things just aren't worth shitposting for.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

He never had a bridge in NYC to sell, but he nearly had the Empire State Building.

https://www.6sqft.com/donald-trumps-failed-and-fraught-attempt-to-own-the-empire-state-building/

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

It's time for the United State of America.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

God he's such a pathetic sack of poo poo.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

The past few pages have been unbelievably cursed.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Show me the science!*

*that confirms my fringe beliefs

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Legit bummed it wasn't Susan Rice.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

It's going to be baseless fear mongering all the way down, isn't it?

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Sorry, I want a VP who supports killing the mother to save the baby.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Who the hell is Tim Kaine?

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Ben Shapiro falls under the big umbrella of white men with no meaningful stake in politics other than making a hobby horse out of trolling people who suffer the actual consequences of government policy. See also Matt Gaetz from that recent documentary "The Swamp".

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

I tipped my mailman last week. Just put $20 in an envelope and wrote a big "Thank you!" on it. He wrote a thank you message the next day on the front of some junk mail. It was cool and good.

I'll probably leave him another $20 next week.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

A few packages I've ordered have been delayed and it's pretty obviously because of the attack on the post office.

Feeling the same but with Immigration services.

My wife is a Green Card holder and we were able to do everything fine throughout the Obama admin. Then Trump came in and the change was visible. The immigration offices in Manhattan used to be poorly staffed during Obama's term, maybe 3-4 people in a row of 20 booths. but now they staff ONE person, and we've been turned away during the process because THEY can't find some paper work. Her case has been bouncing around between districts as they shuffle things around just to add complication. It's the same poo poo they're starting to do with USPS, just pulling the plug on a live patient while screaming "We can't save him!"

Her Green Card renewal should've taken 90 days. It's been 32 months and counting. She could've been a citizen by now too so it's successfully suppressing her vote.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Slow news day so they whip up a quick poll of the 15 closest states and conveniently don't mention it, thus getting their click fix. Straight outta the Ailes playbook.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Wasn't Mike Pence SERIOUSLY on the rocks financially when he was selected as smooth brains running mate?

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Go fasc racing?

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1296881382514458625

Oh poo poo you mean the mail's supposed to be on the truck???

The most important thing is that the trains mail trucks run on time.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

https://twitter.com/BadEconTakes/status/1295463695422648320

i know this is cnbc but still, how did the person writing this article not burst into flames

Having read every response to this, I'm surprised no one called out the bullshit "Donations" portion of $615/month. It's clearly inserted by some neo liberal Reaganomics sociopath as some ideal justification for more tax cutting, because people who are "excellent with money" will all magically fill the holes we obliterate in tax revenue as we give insane sweetheart gifts to the rich.

It's that token fantasy that charity will somehow fill the gaps austerity rips open in the social safety net.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

How anyone still takes this petulant blowhard seriously just blows my mind. Was the Apprentice really that influential, or is it just the perfect storm of decades of decay?

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

NPR had an interview with the people that made this documentary, and they did a pretty good job of illustrating how politicians like Matt Gaetz are basically high tier trolls who treat preservation of privilege like a game. They're totally divorced from the reality of struggle and pain in America and only see points to be won or lost, because they're completely insulated from the consequences of their decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaDpGq1ndSk

Shifty Pony posted:

So I could see Q-Anon losing the political angle, but it isn't going away. It is too useful for cranks and grifters to consolidate their victims for easy pickings.

The ultimate self selection. Q is chum in the water for grifter sharks.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Every self help book for the past century has been the same template pasted with a different persons life anecdotes. It's a fill-in-the-blank grift train that just keeps on giving. Bonus grift if you can get on stage and speak to an audience using the same template. Extra bonus points if you can convince them to pay you for private coaching on the same stale template.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Defund the police as a slogan is basically red meat to Trump voters. It's stupid and doesn't convey what it actually means. hth

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Carew posted:

How do you attenuate any of this to Trump voters? They want even more cops with more guns to kill and subjugate more black people. They were even pushing for the military to just kill all the protestors. Re-framing it could persuade some brain dead liberals and centrists but there's nothing you can do to make this palatable to the GOP hogs.

Trump supporters are no more intelligent than children. Declaring "Defund the police" is like telling your kids "Defund homework", they're gonna get all excited about no more homework ever, when you really just want to have a complex readjustment of the policy surrounding Common Core and No Child Left Behind.

It's just begging these morons to take it the wrong way and lash out in response. I say this being completely in agreement with defunding the police.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

As a former 911 dispatcher I approve of using piss yellow for our stripe. :patriot:

It's a beautiful rainbow commemorating the orgy of violence that is America. :patriot:

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Pro-lifers love to post pictures of cute little white babies pointing out when their eyes form and when their heart starts beating. Somebody is bankrolling billboard space all over my town for it.

It's like, loving use the correct image for an embryo at that point.

Then tell me ALL ABOUT how my wife deserves to die a painful bursting fallopian tube death from her ectopic because you want to coo over this lethal ball of cells. Jesus loving christ.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

drat, I had no idea protesting was super illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Every extrajudicial police killing that goes unpunished, and they are a frequent occurrence, radicalizes the left and inspires violent reprisal from individuals directly affected by it. Therefore the solution is to give cops more power, more weapons, and more extrajudicial friends to let off the hook. That's sure to bring about peace.