Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kiss me Pikachu posted:

Pretty sure that means it’s only transactions with TenCent related to WeChat, right? Guess we find out for sure what transactions qualify after 45 days.
It definitely only means wechat. Like there's no reading where League of Legends is somehow related to WeChat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my prediction: large companies like blizz or riot will mysteriously be unaffected, while tiny chinese indie companies with no actual connection to tencent or the chinese government will get brutally pwned

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vire posted:

In order to do business in china your company has to have a Chinese company have a part stake in it. China makes it so you have to do business with them in a certain way.

yeah its this. china is a huge market, you can only do business in china by accepting being part of a chinese company in some way, tencent is the biggest company in china, chinese consumers tend to be interested in foreign products. its a loop.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

What is WeChat and why is the president targeting that specifically

social media app that is big in china, see the last word of previous thought

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cervix-A-Lot posted:

Quick you loving nerds, tell me why this is bad

https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/s...r%3D241lastpost

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I’m not super keen on her but it’s nice to see a POC woman being given the nod.
i also describe myself as 'not super keen' on a woman who refused to persecute the catholic church for child rape

and blocked the released of people wrongfully convicted multiple times

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/1293290681792749568

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why did that double post

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pick posted:

I thought this was good, this is bad now?
i think agreeing to be vp for a man you think sexually assaults women, is bad

either she never actually believed them and was only saying it to score points on biden (which is bad) or shes willing to work with someone she thinks is a rapist to get political power (which is bad)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pick posted:

Sounds to me like she agreed with The idea that he had to learn modern standards for touching, which even he admitted to. It's just amusing to me that There really doesn't seem to be a very coherent message about what is good or bad other than exactly how that story can be employed in a very specific context.
heres a coherent message: rape is bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

How are u posted:

Joe Biden will be President
and hes already come out against marijuana legalization so

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pick posted:

Unwanted touching is not sexual assault. It's actually one of the reasons why I, as a woman, would like to see some of the older and more clear terminology employed. Biden himself admitted that his standards for personal space and touching needed to change, but that is not the same as saying her saying that he is guilty of or admitted guilt for rape.
the older and more clear terminology that makes sexual assault okay (also unwanted touching is sexual assault)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

McCloud posted:

So genuine question, how bad can Kharris be if she votes with Bernie 93% of the time?

https://projects.propublica.org/represent/members/H001075-kamala-harris/compare-votes/S000033-bernard-sanders/115

Or is that a misleading statistic?
it does not excuse the many, many awful things she did as a prosecutor

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Judakel posted:

Of course. But there will also be micro-targeted ads based on the flip side of that coin. Not sure how much help people will need on that, though. People know who Kamala is. That CNN focus group where a bunch of black voters stated that they did not like her was a dagger. Clearly Biden is convinced that he has the Black vote on lock.

https://twitter.com/BLACKMESSlAH/status/1293292961623683079

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pick posted:

Some guy touching my hair is obnoxious but it's not rape. The only reason to try to equate those things is to manipulate the experiences of women for personal political ends. No woman who has experience both would say that they are the same.
i would call one sexual assault if it is done with obvious sexual interest (and have you seen some of the looks biden is giving those ladies jesus), and the other rape. i am a woman who has experienced both. wanna try again champ or do rape victims only count if they agree with you about definitions

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eggyolk posted:

Who the hell is Tim Kaine?
clinton's vp pick in 2016 believe it or not

he's popular and well known in virginia because he was governor during the tech shooting and handled the situation well (he was in japan and immediately cancelled all appointments to fly back to the us and invested money in mental health and such)

Literally nobody outside virginia has ever heard of him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pick posted:

I'm saying that to use an article where she agrees that he has committed unwanted touching generally (which he agreed with!) as saying she thinks he's a rapist and tacitly supports rape is bullshit and what's worse, it's bullshit and you knowi it.
I don't think it is bullshit. Please stop telling me what I do and don't believe. I think equivocating about what 'counts' as sexual assault is extremely hosed up, also.

Also, nice pivot! Glad you feel like that lets you get away with invalidating the opinions of sexual assault victims who disagree with you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pick posted:

If someone lifts one of my long golden hairs off of a chair and jerks off to it later, that still doesn't mean I was raped. Where are you were raped is not actually a matter of whether you emotionally feel like you were raped, it's a matter of whether a specific action took place.

Kamala Never agreed with the premise that she believed Biden was guilty of digital penetration, which is what you were claiming that the article says, when it does not. She was talking about a completely different action.
glad you've finally descended into 'im the person who defines what is and isnt sexual assault'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

was this guy even a loving big progressive type? Why would the dems sign on with a complete farce that's so blatantly homophobic and cynical just to stop a loving nobody?
1) how dare you challenge an incumbent dem

2) dude stumped for hillary every presidential run shes ever made im pretty sure

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nonsense posted:

He appears to be within 5 points of his Democratic primary opponent, so it's possible for him, but hard to say.
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1295444018957082629?s=20

glad to see the establishment finally giving young progressives a boost in the polls

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

idk why dems think crying and scolding is the tone this should be. who wants to vote with desperation and fear in their hearts? people like winning, they want to join a team of winners.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

so just to be clear, the own here is 'actually the lady that protected Floyd's killer spoke earlier than you're assuming, even closer to when his family spoke'?

dont bother replying to pick

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/jacobinmag/status/1296529937873199104

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i feel like people mischaracterize nate. his wasnt 'person with highest number wins,' it was literally odds. his was the only numbers machine that tightened a ton towards the end, it was like 45/55 trump/clinton. saying something is slightly less likely than the other thing and then that slightly less likely thing happening doesnt mean you were wrong.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spacebump posted:

lol, glad he's going to end up in jail then.

trump will 100% pardon him if he gets convicted

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

Kennedy advisers concede that the campaign should have gone negative earlier and defined the incumbent while his polling numbers were low. But the campaign also blamed the press and the left wing of the party for giving Markey a free pass to reinvent himself.

"This goes to show you that the left doesn't do their homework and they're easily won over by bright shiny objects," said one Kennedy ally.

but you're the bright shiny new object. you were challenging an incumbent

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

The campaign was also caught flat-footed by Markey’s late attempts to do the unthinkable: Weaponize Kennedy's last name.

these people literally could not conceive of the idea that the electorate wouldnt salivate like pavlov's dogs when they saw the name 'kennedy,' lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Jesus that reaction about him not taking off the mask. Are you loving kidding me guy? Like good lord.

Again it's amazing to me that this motherfucker seems to equate masculinity with not wearing a mask. Like. Wearing a mask literally lowers coronavirus numbers. He's literally hurting himself by not strongly endorsing it. And I'm putting more thought into this than he ever will. I don't loving get it man.

Check it out, I'm such an alpha male that I would have joined the navy SEALS but if I did I'd have to beat the poo poo out of the instructors and that's just not a good look for the other guys. But my lungs, and freedom is so fragile that if I wear a mask I'll loving die.
american masculinity is the most fragile thing on earth

Zarin posted:

So, I'm not sure if this goes here, but I don't know where else -

What ever happened to a second Coronavirus Relief Package? I remember that it stalled out right before recess, House/Senate went home for like, what, a week? and then had to rush back into the office because of . . . something. I forget what at this point. (Post office maybe?)

Did talks ever start back up then? Is that just a non-starter? Did the House/Senate gently caress back off almost immediately after interviewing DeJoy?

I feel like this shouldn't be THIS hard to keep track of, but . . . :sigh:
trump's currently talking about using unused business loan money to get another check out to people but he needs congressional approval. at least that's his line.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

imagine signing up to the military becoming a literal agent of worldwide fascism and then daring to compare it to people forced into sweatshops to survive lol.

every other poor person managed not to become a baby killer.
ive been poor and lemme tell you id have killed some babies if it made me not poor

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

he didnt even get not poor from it though, he killed babies to remain poor and have less hosed up teeth.

he killed babies for free college, which is very cringe compared to if you killed babies to become like a investment banker.
like how many babies are we talking? 3? that seems fair

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

if everyone kills people indirectly through capitalism and you join a military to kill people, you will kill more people than if you had simply not joined the military.

not a hard thing to process.
tbh joining the army probably kills less people than buying nike shoes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

yes but if you join the army and spend your armybux on a camaro and nike shoes you are killing more people than if you sat at home and didnt have the armybux.
its harder to buy nikes while you're in iraq. win/win imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

YanniRotten posted:

No, we are not done on chicken. Has anyone tried the hot chik'n at shake shack I thought it was pretty good.

the hot chik'n at shake shack has definitely killed kids

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

YanniRotten posted:

my son demanded one of the new hot spicy fries, we are going to miss him.
your son's misery is no excuse for him wanting a hot spicy fry

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I'm far from a perfect person but no amount of hungry nights would drive me to kill people for no reason other than poverty.
how many hungry nights have you had

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1303288007357796353

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i cant imagine this impacting the election at all. idk maybe im the stupid one here but who on earth is actually going to care about this that was voting for trump before now?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nachos posted:

Doesn’t matter as long as he’s on defense for the next 60 days. The less attention on Biden the better

more like the next 6 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yes, joe biden had no good options in this situation. either he tells people to vote and people get corona, or he tells people to stay home and risks losing votes. this is because joe biden is not the protagonist of a movie, and in real life sometimes people only have two real options and both are bad and deserve criticism, depending on your priorities. if your priority is saving lives, then the first thing is bad. if your priority is beating trump (either because you think a second trump term would bcause more deaths in the longrun or because you cant accept him having a second term no matter the cost), then the second thing is bad. this is not some insincere nojoe take, its like, a basic statement of reality.

Telling people to go out and vote because its safe from corona is, indisputably, downplaying the risk of a situation we all know full well isn't 100% safe. We can discuss how much of a risk we're talking or if it's a risk worth taking to defeat trump, but let's not pretend voting for biden emits a magical anti-corona field, that every polling station is gonna follow all the safety guidelines to the letter, or that every safety guideline in the world could completely eliminate the risk of corona spreading.