Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

No see Goya beans purchased *before* the boycott are grandfathered

I hope

Right?
nope sorry now you have to make an indignant youtube video of you throwing your entire supply into a fire and saying you'll never buy anything from them again

that's the rules, I don't make 'em but you gotta follow 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

well, Ginsberg is probably dying this year, which means these surprise swing decisions by the conservative court will be a thing of the past. Great. Love it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fallom posted:

eventually he has to realize that saving people from covid would be good for his polls

right

right!?
Trump is on the record as saying that the only reason COVID even exists is that people are paying attention to it and testing for it

He's only capable of seeing things through the perpective of his life of brand management. He believes that if people can be made to think something, that's the objective truth.

So... no. He thinks this can only be fixed by ignoring it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

She’s so old...I guess I’ve never seen her speak. How many more elections is she going to bother with?
until the day she dies, it's too good of a grift

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

Dude, everyone knew Obama was in favor of gay marriage who actually paid attention to poo poo. He was being savvy to make it a non issue when all the conventional wisdom was saying that it helped bolstered Bush in '04. And then he actually did things to help give me and other people basic human rights.
you are aware that the only good thing Joe Biden did as VP was drag Obama kicking and screaming into being vocally pro-LGBT right

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Grondoth posted:

Why do they still care about Hydroxicloroquin? Why can't they just move on?
because several senior Trump administration officials/family members/hangers-on are heavily invested in pharma companies that make it and want to justify using federal money to buy tons of it from their firms at premium costs

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Wylie posted:

Winn-Dixie has been consitently getting its lunch eaten by Publix anywhere I've seen Publix begin to compete with them (which is Florida and Alabama, for me). They were closing stores left and right before the pandemic hit, and this might just be the killing blow.
Side note, if there's a Publix near you and you haven't gotten food from there do yourself a favor, the deli is top notch and it's employee-owned

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Publix subs are one of the few things I miss about Florida and will talk about them to anyone who will or won't listen.
I'm addicted to the chicken tenders and wedges personally

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I love that my idiot mayor humiliated my hometown on a national stage for months for literally zero payoff

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Uncle Chaps is the only good part of Barstool

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

There’s no “good part of Barstool” and admitting that you patronize barstool is a one way ticket to pay-you-no-mindsville with me
let me clarify

uncle chaps' twitter feed is the only good part of barstool, I stay away from giving their website clicks like the plague and I've never listened to a single one of the barstool podcasts

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 24, 2020

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

it's photos like this that make me second-guess my internal insistence that Hank from King of the Hill would vote for Trump.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

so Sinclair news stations are broadcasting a favorable interview with a Plandemic crazy and I for one think it's cool and good that now that people of authority are finally rejecting and marginalizing Q crazies we're getting a brand new insane conspiracy theory for racists and assholes to cling to

this is a normal country

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Dubar posted:

Wait what did Pat Sajak do? I follow him on twitter because he's borderline nihilist in the most delightful way
he's been an active climate change denialist for years I'm pretty sure

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah, even if it comes out that he has some weird political leanings everything I've heard about Alex Trebec is that he's an incredibly nice, thoughtful person.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Stimulus is coming don't be daft.
Buddy, if I had a nickel for every permutation of “(reasonable, expected political action) is gonna happen, don’t be daft” that I’ve heard in the last few years I’d be able to retire to a luxurious pastoral estate.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

He didn't do this. He just stood there. He physically did nothing but just look like smug dick.

You are assigning all agency to this kid when the older guy got into his face.
I agree that it's unfortunate that this kid has basically been placed in a pipeline his entire life designed to turn him into a bigoted, homophobic hateful tradcath.

But there's nothing I can do about it, and I won't lose sleep over people making fun of someone who's probably gonna be hosting a show on Fox News in 7 years

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Protestor who got his skull cracked open by cops -- should have gotten out of the cops way

Protestors at the church -- should have gotten out of the way

Portland protestors, get the gently caress out of the way!

Glad we can agree on something, I guess?
did you just compare a Native American tribal elder to cops

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I feel like that kid in the white hat didn't get talked about enough. Everyone went to high school with that kid right? God I hated that kid in high school. Even the group he was with hated him.
Yeah, that ratty loudmouth kid in every highschool who attaches like a leech to some big idiot jock

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Trump, being a narcissistic rich racist who has never meaningfully interacted with common people in his entire life, thinks that rich people (boat owners) and skinheads (bike owners) make a literal majority of America's population

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Grondoth posted:

... why are they opposing Marijuana legalization? People want it. It works well. What in the world are they doing?
Joe Biden is personally opposed to it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1287844283932966912

this guy infected 14 members of his family and wound up killing his father-in-law and his mother (the FIL's mother, not the guy in the article)
somewhere some repeatedly divorced boomer is reading this story and going "it kills my in-laws? gotta get me some of that virus"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Mitch needs Dem votes in order to get a bill through the Senate. Despite this he is playing hardball.
Dem leadership is spineless and will cave over the objections of the progressive caucus like usual. He knows what he’s doing

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

That is not a statement in favor of the blackbagging gestapo in any way, shape, or form. Biden explicitly condemns the DHS agents as acting like Trump's "private militia".
Yeah, this is just his way of saying that the blackbagging gestapo need to go back to terrorizing brown people in the southwest instead of white people in real cities.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Personally I feel like Duckworth is making the right sounds to get the nod at the moment, but we'll see.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

I knew this would happen. Trump will NEVER admit he was wrong so he and his freakshow hanger ons and media stooges will got to bat for a nutcase who believes in semen demons and alien DNA vaccines

I can't wait for Trump or fascist Barbie to say tomorrow "there is no scientific evidence AGAINST semen demons, and the President is right to raise questions about the production of Vaccines"

This is where we are at :lol:
"This is another example of how the mainstream media has become totally unfair and biased against spiritual, religious, Christ-loving people."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1288498952095125504

Holy gently caress

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Grondoth posted:

It's more that you don't need to be a vigorous campaigner to be beating Trump.

I do wonder what Bernie'd be doing. Probably virtual rallies or something. Hey why isn't Biden doing virtual rallies
I imagine Bernie would be doing what he's doing now but moreso, streams where he talks about solutions to major issues with other Democratic lawmakers

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The cables are still hanging off where the T used to be, lmao

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

it's gonna be loving wild if they just let benefits expire full stop
if benefits cease and the eviction moratoriums stop at the same time it's gonna be riots in every city time again

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I think Elizabeth Warren thinks she's doing the morally correct thing. She means well, and she is easily more progressive than the average Congressional Democrat (which is more of an indictment of most Congressional Dems than it is a credit to her).

She also has a savior complex and some of the worst political instincts of any national politician. Billionares attached themselves to her campaign and egged her to keep running because they knew she was splitting the progressive vote during the primaries. As soon as she served her purpose and blunted Bernie from starting to accumulate early wins, they summarily cut off their funding and she was forced to suspend her campaign, but not before refusing to endorse anyone while the Democratic establishment rallied around Joe.

She's not a snake, she's a dope.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mind_Taker posted:

She didn't just oopsie daisy into calling Bernie a sexist and then not follow up on her accusation when given the opportunity.
Yes she did because her horrible political instincts led her to hiring Hillary Clinton's advisors who pushed her to make it about gender

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Solvency posted:

Why are you posting garbage replies from nobodies to a twitter post? If I wanted to spike my blood pressure I'd read them myself on twitter.
Yeah I don't need to see asinine poo poo from 100-follower trollbot accounts, I'm perfectly capable of getting irrationally mad by simply thinking about the Jacksonville Jaguars

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Data Graham posted:

I'm genuinely unsure how we've managed to apparently get past the second spike's peak. Did most of the hot spots close back up? I'd thought everyone was basically ride or die at this point
The White House pried data control over infection data from the CDC and, weirdly, new cases started going down the very next day

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

no one could have foreseen this

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Wasn't he the one who tried to tack the company in more of a straight news direction when Rupert resigned

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Statehood for D.C. and Puerto Rico and a catch-all state entity for the remaining U.S. territorial entities with the caveat that if any entity ends up with a bigger population than the least populous state it has the option to become it's own state by internal referendum..
This is the correct way to do it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Rainbow Knight posted:

this is going to sound bitter and it's not, and i'm not rehashing the primary, but he's totally willing to write off other democratic voters so why does he suddenly care about getting votes. it's going to be harris (:tinfoil: or idk hillary clinton,) especially since he already committed to having a woman as vp. "clyburn as vp????" is just some meat to throw out to keep people engaged or get traffic imo
I don't think that's implying Clyburn's trying to become VP, I think surrogates are trying to push Clyburn to push Biden towards one of the possibilities?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

ManBoyChef posted:

Im the one floor fan.
I'm the one dude who's actually social distancing and also exploiting the fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

adoration for none posted:

Wow. A co-founder of the Federalist society, in an NYT op-ed, called Trump a fascist and argued that he should be impeached for his tweet suggesting that election day be postponed:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/opinion/trump-delay-election-coronavirus.html
As it turns out, a lot of wealthy benefactors of America's governmental structures will only get mad when you threaten the structures themselves.