Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Happitoo posted:

None of CNN gives a gently caress anymore. Yesterday or the day before one of the afternoon hosts opened the show going “In a new level of stupid for this administration” and then proceeded into whatever bullshit was happening yesterday.

I think the fact that CNN reporters were being detained and shot at by police during protests finally made CNN realize that there is no sense trying to play nice with Trump anymore.

Wish it had happened 4 years ago but oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

cr0y posted:

USPOL Summer: BEANS?

USPOL Summer: Just the "beanfest" scene from Blazing Saddles

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

And if he'd not let people in the country off of compromised cruise ships and airplanes it probably would've stayed there.

loving rear end in a top hat. It no longer matters what China failed to do to stop it.

ought ten posted:

Susan Collins wants her Democratic challenger—who won her primary last night—to debate her 16 times on TV before the election. With the first one tonight.

Collins hasn’t done a public town hall in more than two decades.

https://twitter.com/nathantbernard/status/1283482955306938373?s=21

We've hit "debate me, coward" levels of panic

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

And now to find out what happened during the last few hours

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1283560210901147649

Guess he's Parscaling back Brad's role :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Brad Parscale was basically a coffee boy in 2016 and Steve Bannon's sort of understudy. He seemed like he did a good job because Hillary Clinton's online game was awful while Trump's team was memeing him to victory. He became Trump's campaign manager because everyone else in his inner circle was either fired, resigned, or in prison, and his 2020 strategy blew up in his face because literal children turned his meme game against him and destroyed him with it.

Fitting end for the "Death Star" of Brad Parscale, really

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

3 years building, barely 2 months operational. :laffo:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

It's amazing how every Conservative with a Ph.D still sounds like an absolute moron. Also I don't have it on me but someone post the greatest hits from Gorka's thesis :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mat Cauthon posted:

Looks like official results are in from the NY primary.

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/1284144985651249154?s=19

gently caress yeah, great news.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

also Obama pulled the Calvinball poo poo like 2 years prior to Garland due to the McConnell's intransigence and the end result was the NRLB vacating a ton of cases because it turns out just because the Senate isn't considering your picks that doesn't mean you get to appoint people while they're not out of session for better or worse

Yeah but for some reason people love to forget that.

Garland was literally picked because it was a "ok maybe they won't block this" hail-mary, there is absolutely no realistic scenario where any pick of Obama's gets through in 2016 because Mitch McConnell is a fuckhead.

And it's not like the general public cared that much either about this breach of tradition or :decorum: or whatever buzzword you want to use for it:

quote:

Forty-three percent of respondents said that the Senate should vote this year on Obama's preferred replacement for Scalia, while 42 percent said they should wait until a new president is sworn in to fill the vacancy. And, how's this for polarization parity? Eighty-one percent of Democrats believe the Senate vote should happen while Obama is in office, while 81 percent of Republicans think that the vote can (and should) wait until next year under a new president. Among independents, those pesky on-the-fence voters, sentiment is split as well: 43 percent prefer a vote this year, while 42 percent favor a confirmation vote next year.

(source)

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Djarum posted:

You also have to remember that all of this power being in the hands of a Senate Leader is a modern invention as well. Before most of the power was in the hands of committee heads and almost all legislature came out of the various sub-committees with most issues already ironed out without the interference of leadership, etc. The Leader was generally a ceremonial title that was given to who had the most seniority. A big reason for the multitude of issues within the Senate has to do with this change and the break down of procedure.

Well also the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee also went "lolno we're not holding a vote", probably at McConnell's behest, but still.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 17, 2020

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

wow a whole 70 people (who will all get COVID-19)

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ought ten posted:

Something to look forward to this weekend.

https://twitter.com/foxnewssunday/status/1284206715542675458?s=21

Get me the charter please!

The recent spike in violence*

*being caused by police/federal cops that aren't identifying themselves and just blackbagging people

case in point :stonk:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Glumwheels posted:

This is unbelievable, and I’ve read it seems Governor Brown and the mayor are doing nothing to stop this.

I'm not entirely certain about the Governor, but the mayor is unable to order BORTAC to leave because they are (allegedly) there to defend federal buildings and therefore above the city's jurisdiction. All he can basically do is ask them to leave.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
drat I completely forgot he was battling stage IV Pancreatic Cancer, RIP John Lewis :sigh:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Caros posted:

I thought he'd already passed. Now I'm sad all over again.

You might've been thinking of John Dingell who passed away in February last year from prostate cancer

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Didn't he chair some committee? Oversight, I think?

yeah he chaired the Ways and Means subcomittee on Oversight. I recall him raking Gym Jordan over the coals in response to Jordan's repeated "we're wasting tiiiiiiiiiime" complaints

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Reminder that Zell Miller (D-GA) spoke at the RNC in 2004.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1285240287900635138

Taibbi might be higher on his own supply than even Greenwald is.

Leftists don't have the First-Look-Media-Level Money that Taibii desperately needs for reasons.*

*the reason is probably to pay off people that accuse him of being a sex pest so he's able to avoid court

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Obama plays basketball in the summer, Republicans complain

Trump sits on his fat rear end in the summer outside, Republicans rejoice at what a specimen of a man this is.

It's hilarious how the GOP hosed themselves so hard having to go for bat for this misshapen lump, if not for, you know, the horrible crumbling of the country as a result of it.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 20, 2020

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Guze posted:

Misshapen lumps are a major GOP voting block

more like a voting blob

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I'm sure we'll have more success trying to explain the concept of empathy to people this time.

https://twitter.com/huffpost/status/1011146141449310208?lang=en

evergreen tweet

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1285546793447706630

cotton continues to be a weird dumb piece of poo poo.

"Competent Fascist" continues to be an oxymoron.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

gently caress cheney but i love that she is basicaly saying that gaetz is gonna get outed as a real loving monster at some point. i feel like alot of chuds are gonna out each other as sex monsters out of spite.

Isn't it basically an open secret that Gaetz has been having affairs with staffers?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

it's also just basically useful to be able to negotiate with other parties as part of her job, and the ability to negotiate with a shitlord makes her a more effective representative. spending her time screeching like a nutjob does not.

But look how well it worked out for Matt Gaetz!

*Delayed impeachment hearings by less than 8 hours* ah, well, nevertheless

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

It's also a useful trait to have if you ever wanna occupy higher office one day, IMHO.

Getting along in a professional sense with people who disagree with you is not praxis.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

EDIT: I'd also like to emphasize, again, though, that there is an entire possible spectrum of social interactions that can exist between 'be friends with' and 'actively antagonize' but for some reason everyone keeps making the strawman that I am demanding she constantly harass and harangue the Republicans, when I was merely saying that she shouldn't be friends with them.

You literally took Matt Gaetz at his word, and not only that you also extrapolated "she is not a bitch" to mean "we are BEST FRIENDS"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

An important part of being a politician is being able to get along with others no matter how bad they are, like Bill Clinton or Donald Trump getting along with Jeffrey Epstein

Yep this is totally what people are saying, you figured it out.

EDIT: confused dog tax

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Solaris 2.0 posted:

What are those Starlink satellites even supposed to be doing other than probably causing the plot to "Gravity" to become reality in the near future. (Except with Tom Cruise instead of Clooney and happening irl).

Please, it'll instead be the plot of Time Crisis 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQij3RZpzNc&t=41s

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 23, 2020

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gohmert must have heard someone say that he wasn't the dumbest person in Congress anymore and decided to correct that issue

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 24, 2020

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Martian posted:

https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/status/1286064174351753216?s=19

So i guess the important bit of this is that Crenshow is for removing the statues?

Dan "A Marxist Mob is destroying our statues" Crenshaw is doing this as performative bullshit on a bill the GOP couldn't stop in the House even if they all voted against it.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jul 24, 2020

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ReidRansom posted:

Probably next year at the earliest. And who knows how long to complete it. The military isn't really known for doing most things quickly.

Gotta find a giant hole with the signs "Design firm" and "general contractors" on it for way too much money to vanish into first.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

At this point I just assume all talk show/game show hosts of that generation are Chuds it seems to hold out well (Pat Sajak, Chuck Woolery, now Regis)

Also I can be pleasantly surprised when one of them isn't.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

he's been an active climate change denialist for years I'm pretty sure

Also said anybody believing in climate change is an unpatriotic racist and then tried to walk it back by claiming "it's just a joke"

Sadly that tweet has since long been deleted along with his other weird bullshit.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hope someone keeps him away from the Sharpies

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tom Cotton now freely taking lessons from Trump on how to have the worst possible answer in the universe at the worst possible time.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Police: Richmond riots instigated by white supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter

Gee it's really weird (not really) how most of the violence at these protests are false-flags done by white supremacists or the cops (but I repeat myself). Also weird how those same white supremacists aren't the ones who got arrested.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PPP sequel to prevent more layoffs to give more money to our rich buddies

ClothHat posted:

I get that the cops painted these, but can someone explain why? I don't understand what point the paint is supposed to prove.

Red = Communist, duh. :ussr:

Or if you're Gelatinous Snake here, "Anarcho-Fascist Communist"
https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1287740732791545858

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There are 4 major problems.

1. Only $200 a week
2. No oversight for new PPP loans
3. No money to bail out states
4. The liability protections

Seems to be one major problem to me:

1) It's a bill created by the Republicans in 2020.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

does anyone else think Trump only knows 'ten years' and 'fifty years' for prison sentences

Don't forget "death penalty"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

surprised they didn't call them "attack shields" to be even more ridiculous.