Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

I like Uberti. They make fine, authentic replicas of classic firearms and are known for their quality control.

This is not one of those guns.

Some disgruntled Italian workman drilled a bunch of holes at the end of the barrel.

Not only that, but they even chambered it for a round that was designed for autoloaders.

At least the color case hardening came out okay.

Just look at this stupid thing.

This stupid, ugly thing.

I'm going to write a strongly worded letter.

e: I could have sworn I selected the box tag for this.

I Demand Food fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Iím pretty sure those are speed holes. They help you be high speed (low drag)

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

It's like a really well done furry tattoo

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

thermobollocks posted:

Rarely have I encountered a more perfect post. I was struggling for a way to describe my feelings on it, but here we are.

Also I bet that's a lot of goofy fun

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

what the gently caress the cnc machine was clearly out of control. you should send that gun to me so I can dispose of it.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Captain Log posted:

Iím pretty sure those are speed holes. They help you be high speed (low drag)

Sounds like tacticool crap to me!

thermobollocks posted:

DeesGrandpa posted:

Rarely have I encountered a more perfect post. I was struggling for a way to describe my feelings on it, but here we are.

Also I bet that's a lot of goofy fun

Indeed.

I just picked it up today, but am hoping to go to the range either this weekend or next to try it out.

Miso Beno posted:

what the gently caress the cnc machine was clearly out of control. you should send that gun to me so I can dispose of it.

I'll start with the strongly worded letter, but thanks anyway.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Man of the Rising Sun

Oof, that's rough, man. Good luck getting a refund.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Those holes are the exhaust ports for your smokewagon. Just saw that section off, straight pipes barrels save lives.

Flatland Crusoe
Jan 12, 2011

Great White Hunter
Master Race

Let me explain why I'm better than you

It looks quiet.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer

drat eye-talians messing up a 'merkin classic. They'll come after hamburgers next.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

<this space left intentionally blank, will be updated later. Fuck Lowtax>
Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

That is a pretty revolver.

I assume this is your new concealed carry selection?

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Sucks about your gun. Should consider suing for emotional distress.

thermobollocks posted:

Seriously though, very cool gun.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

*confused yee-haw*

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

So, you gonna buy or mod a 10mm levergun to go with it?

https://grizzlycustom.com/product/m...bine-10mm-auto/

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

Is that picture the final product?

I don't think I'd want to fire some Bubba-Rube-Goldberg'd up lever-gun conversion to semi-auto. Sounds like a great way to eat a loving bolt to the face.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

tarlibone posted:

That is a pretty revolver.

I assume this is your new concealed carry selection?

Thanks. For shits and giggles I should bring it to the range for my next renewal.

Ygolonac posted:

So, you gonna buy or mod a 10mm levergun to go with it?

https://grizzlycustom.com/product/m...bine-10mm-auto/

The place that ordered it for me builds AR's and such. I told them they should make a levergun in 9 or 10mm and they looked at me like I was crazy, looked at this gun, looked at me, and then laughed.

They said it would be too difficult but I'll show them this link next time I'm there and see what they say.

Dick Burglar posted:

I don't think I'd want to fire some Bubba-Rube-Goldberg'd up lever-gun conversion to semi-auto. Sounds like a great way to eat a loving bolt to the face.

I'm pretty sure they're still lever actions? Just made to shoot rimless semi-auto rounds?

I Demand Food fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 16, 2020

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Dick Burglar posted:

That's maybe worded weirdly, but is is definitely still a lever gun. Grizzly Custom can definitely manage the job without killing you.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Thermos posted:

*confused yee-haw*

"Yee-huh"

The matching levergun would be rad though. Let you really squeak some velocity from those nuggets.

OP, do you roll your own?

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

thermobollocks posted:

"Yee-huh"

The matching levergun would be rad though. Let you really squeak some velocity from those nuggets.

OP, do you roll your own?

Yee-uh?

I haven't gotten into reloading yet but I've looked into it. I don't shoot enough to make it worth it so it would only be for fun loads as opposed to any thought of saving money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Most of the gear, most of the time

I post this every time 10mm and reloading comes up, but making fun 10mm rounds is the best part of reloading (it certainly didn't save me any money). You can make 135gr rounds with a metric shitload of powder that are a lot of fun to shoot, and accurate to a decent distance (we used to shoot 100 yard steel with them in a Glock G20 w/ RMR).

Awesome pistol though!