Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

I got a chance to talk to Eric Norris about making Universal Soldier. Highlights if the conversation included flying over the desert in 'the most beat up piece of crap helicopter I've ever seen' and 'Dolph and the other guys were always trying to out-macho each other, doing pull-up contests and crap like that. I just had a six pack hiding behind my chair.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

I'd say a bit of both? I'm sure they did that sort of thing when the cameras weren't rolling but it's all in good fun. Eric is an incredibly nice guy and he was more than happy to tell me these stories over the fourth of July, he happens to live on the same street as a relative.

Also: "So we're in this helicopter that sounds and feels like it's going to fall out of the sky at any moment and they tell us, 'Okay, cameras are gonna be rolling when you exit the helicopter into the water, It'll be about a ten foot drop so be sure to look cool.' Well, I look out the window when they call 'action' and it's at least twenty. So I jump, waving my arms and going 'Ooooh shiiit!'"