Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Do you intend to play Eve Echoes?
Yes! I am a loyal GOON and will join the Corp on Launch!
No.
Yes, but I am not playing with GOONS...(Shame on you)
View Results
Valador
Oct 3, 2012

Pedo bears are not being found...

Eve Echoes is the Mobile Version port of the 2005 Space Sandbox MMO Eve Online that predominately put GOONS on the map of online gaming. Wanting to continue with the vigor that is GOONFLEET in Eve Online, we would like to re-activate the GOONaganda machine to really rustle the masses who have quit, forgot about, or better yet promised they would never play it again! With the failed outcome of SG and its scattered hives of bees, there is an extraordinary opportunity and a lot of lost GOONS out there in space that could use a pick me up!

30 days ETA until the release of Eve Echoes: The Mobile Eve Online

(Paraphrased from Inimicul) If you don't know what EVE Online is, you're probably too pure for these forums. Flee now. Save your sanity and soul. However, if you get aroused at the thought of non-consensual space ship PVP on your cell phone while you're at work, taking a poo poo, or ignoring your family, then this is good news for you. CCP has licensed the EVE IP to NetEase Games to make a mobile port based on the EVE Online universe. This will be a pretty close copy of PC EVE but some changes made to be more mobile-friendly. Mostly, a complete rework of the UI. Echoes will have the same map as EVE Online but the two games are separate. Characters and assets don't carry over from one game to the other. This will be a fresh start. Hell, I don't even think the market will be seeded. Those who went through the Beta tests say it really captured the spirit and felt just like playing EVE Online on the PC.

Join us in Discord to strategize, plan and fully lay out our plans for Eve Echoes' upcoming launch. Help us get a handle on organization and numbers on those who intend on participating.

There will be one server for the whole world so expect a lot of chinese. If you played Second Galaxy you will know this can make things very interesting.
The UI has been streamlined a metric fuckton to make it playable on mobile devices. More tweaks are to be expected so it's only going to get better.

F.A.Q.
Videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cai8fwFa0I
EVE Echoes Open Beta Trailer - Gameplay Footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ectxZeKwjZs
EVE Vegas 2019 - EVE Echoes Keynote

FAQ!
Q: How big will corporations be in Echoes?
A: 500, 10+ corps in alliances, added coalitions.

Q: Will my 5 year old tablet run this game?
A: There is a chart of officially supported CPUs and minimum specs linked below. As they do more optimizations, it's getting better and better. It's already dropped from 4GB of RAM to 2GB and the list of supported CPUs has exploded. Look up the specs on your phone (google that poo poo, you heathen) and see what CPU it has. Look on the below list. If it's there, you're golden. If not, eh... Cross your fingers or throw your wallet at the problem.

Q: How many accounts can I have?
A: You can register with your Google or iCloud accounts, Facebook, or email addresses. Can you guess which is going to be more secure?

Q: Can I run this on my computer?
A: NOX, Memu, Bluestacks - They work, in that preferred order of quality.

Q: How does this differ from Second Galaxy?
A: SG and NetEase are both Chinese developers and apparently have been bitter rivals for some time. SG did beat them to market with a playable mobile space ship MMO but so far not a day has gone by where they've need to do some kind of emergency maintenance to fix a bug that has turned up. Usually in a very high profile sovereignty war.

Q: Is Echoes going to be P2W?
A: No, pay to skill train faster.

Q: Can I fly a titan?
A: Supercaps aren't in the game yet. They've said they're going up to tech 10 this round. Besides, the test probably won't last long enough for people to train up to and build one anyway. Right now, battleships are as big as it goes.

Q: You didn't answer my question earlier about the differences between Second Galaxy and Eve Echoes!
A: (Sigh) You're right. There are too many unknown game mechanics just yet. I'll just add random observations below:
I can confirm that Echoes will not have Recruits or Wingmen as SG does.
Echoes won't have directional scanning. Neither does SG but I wanted to add it here.
Echoes use the same skill training plan that EVE does. You have a 24-hour queue you can dump as much info as you want and any skills that take longer just keep going. I currently have a 5 day skill sticking out the back of my training window so I'm good for almost a week. I just toss smaller skills in front of it as I decide to. You can rearrange them on the fly and progress made just pauses. You only need ISK and time.
SG uses some terrible combination of time and resources where you can spend days not training anything at all if you hate mining and are in a lovely high sec corp.

Links!

https://discord.gg/eveechoes - Official EVE Echoes discord server.
https://discord.gaminggoons.com - Official Goon server for Echoes.
https://www.facebook.com/EVEEchoes - You can yell at each other on Facebook, like the page, and see exactly how fat the person you killed is. (hint: very fat)
https://www.eveechoes.com/ - Link to register for open beta. Available on Android and iOS.

Current Official Eve Echoes GOON Advertisement

We are looking to fill the ranks with GOONS who desire a comeback, or a fresh start. Perhaps you desire the opportunity to pioneer deep space in the palm of your hand? Whatever the reason be, it is time to join the Swarm once again to blob our enemies to death while choking our data plans and overheating our radiated cellular devices.

Valador fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Iím fuckin ready.

DaBro
Jul 11, 2020

Got some people working really hard to give Goons the chance to make an impact on this game. Game mechanics are great, works fine on data. This is the game you want to be playing! Mid August, see you there.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

On board to burn my phone battery down every day possible

Jihad Joe
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

I've been waiting for this for a long time. See you in recruitment chat.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

NGC773
Sep 10, 2010

I'm in.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Strangely tempted considering how hard I burned out on real eve.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Does it run on bluestacks?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Snail Information posted:

Does it run on bluestacks?

Valador posted:

Q: Can I run this on my computer?
A: NOX, Memu, Bluestacks - They work, in that preferred order of quality.

I used Bluestacks just fine during the first playtest.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 15, 2013

I am a shit poster who can't type. I contribute nothing of value to this or any other thread. Reading anything I post is pointless. I am too stupid to understand when I am wrong. Ignore me for your own sake.
100% WRONG -->

this game is really really close to being a decent eve experience, without all the garbage baggage of a game in the late stages of capitalism and exploits

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Can't wait to rat on my phone and desktop at the same time!

ICkleSmash
Jun 20, 2020

Hurf that Blurf Val

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore

I'll give it a shot and put in enough time to be useful, though someone told me I wouldn't be able to show in a tackling frigate and call it a day

Shinku ABOOKEN
Oct 23, 2009

STOP IT

STOP ALL THIS
NONSENSE

how wacky a nazi flag. you win the intenret good sir! wow!!!1!

Valador
Oct 3, 2012

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

how wacky a nazi flag. you win the intenret good sir! wow!!!1!

Images removed due to your complaint.

Valador fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 18, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Working as intended.

BobTheVillain
Apr 25, 2009

The perfect counter argument, coming right up.

I see the salt generators are already online in EE discord

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

How exactly am i supposed to multibox a dozen miners for 12 hours a day on my phone? Doesn't sound like eve to me.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

a cat

Ham Wrangler

SpaceCadetBob posted:

How exactly am i supposed to multibox a dozen miners for 12 hours a day on my phone? Doesn't sound like eve to me.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Nah, it's going to be all about ratting in EE, at least to start with. Plus, being a mobile game there is auto attack (which honestly EO really ought to have itself with how engaging it is) so multiboxing your phone, your tablet, your old phone, the tablet you bought for your kid and just stole back, ect should be quite dooable really.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Add a Gacha shop and this might be the most evil game in history.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Bacontotem posted:

Add a Gacha shop and this might be the most evil game in history.

Just make the only good clones come from lootboxes.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Klomping endlessly thru the gray void...

Fun Shoe

[images removed due to accusations of Nazi propaganda.]
jfc never change goons.
we have a shitton of soviet stuff as well.

I tried that galaxy something game that was an eve ripoff but featuring bizarre ip's like indianna jonez.
it was eve enough,
I wish ya'll luck on your pocket eving.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Just use a different image, instead of trying to stir poo poo.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Fun Shoe

repost the propaganda, coward

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

i agree, i find the use of nazi-derived symbology to describe ourselves to be hilarious, that is a good look and we shouldn't be cowardly about it

probably just sjws don't like funny things

what are your favourite subreddits

Valador
Oct 3, 2012

staberind posted:

[images removed due to accusations of Nazi propaganda.]
jfc never change goons.
we have a shitton of soviet stuff as well.

I tried that galaxy something game that was an eve ripoff but featuring bizarre ip's like indianna jonez.
it was eve enough,
I wish ya'll luck on your pocket eving.

I tried that galaxy garbage as well and it was just that, crap.

This one is an Eve Online port. It is like Eve in your hand, while you poo poo. Its great, give it a go on launch, you hate it, delete and never look at it again.

Valador
Oct 3, 2012

Snail Information posted:

Just use a different image, instead of trying to stir poo poo.

Custom making some cool stuff, standby.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I played this while making GBS threads multiple times, I highly advise it

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK
AND TWICE AS TALL

God dammit, I shouldn't come back to EVE. Especially not mobile EVE that I might actually play because I just finally gave up on my last mobile addiction.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Still not quite getting this concept.

Eve was always leave your stupid computer on for stupid long hours doing dumb poo poo with voice chat on in the background waiting for something interesting to happen.

Alternatively spending hours moving some stupid pile of poo poo a stupid pile of jumps with scouts ect to not get ganked.

How exactly does that translate to playing for 10 minutes while i'm making a stupid pile of poo poo at work?

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Eve was always leave your stupid computer on for stupid long hours doing dumb poo poo with voice chat on in the background waiting for something interesting to happen.

Alternatively spending hours moving some stupid pile of poo poo a stupid pile of jumps with scouts ect to not get ganked.

How exactly does that translate to playing for 10 minutes while i'm making a stupid pile of poo poo at work?

offline auto-pilot

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 15, 2013

I am a shit poster who can't type. I contribute nothing of value to this or any other thread. Reading anything I post is pointless. I am too stupid to understand when I am wrong. Ignore me for your own sake.
100% WRONG -->

SpaceCadetBob posted:

There are a couple reasons why someone might play this over regular Eve: Online.

1. It's a fresh start and a new universe, without the baggage or issues of an established universe that has been through dozens of exploits where individuals we able to attain infinite wealth.

2. It's mobile, and there are things you can do in a 10 minute timespan to progress.

3. It's likely to be far more casual, so if you weren't space important in EO you can fake it till you make it and trick a bunch of pubbies into following you, at least for a little bit.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

There's prob no tie-in to my old EVE account, is there?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Welp gently caress. Time to un-win EVE, I guess.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Nope, no relation between the universes, totally separate.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010
PLEASE REPORT ME EVERY TIME I COMPLAIN ABOUT TWITTER

I'll give it a shot. Will this one have a CSM?!

BobTheVillain
Apr 25, 2009

The perfect counter argument, coming right up.

No word on any CSM. Highly doubt it will happen though. Somewhat-related, this game is run by a different company with daddy CCP and grandpa Pearl Abyss's blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

I think you forgot to link to that chart of supported hardware specs.

«3 »