Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your intended console version
PS4
PS5
Both - Oberst is a Moron Option
View Results

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Another year, another copy paste Madden, another copy paste OP. Join me in hell August 28th.

:siren: There will be both PS4 and PS5 Goon Franchise Leagues this season :siren: - I will create this when I actually have the game

PM or request here for link to Madden Goons discord

Gridiron notes 7/14 - Playbook and AI updates

Development
Baltimore Ravens quarterback and 2019 NFL MVP Lamar Jackson revealed he would be the cover athlete on April 21, 2020. Jackson will be the second Ravens player to be cover athlete of a Madden game, after Ray Lewis in Madden NFL 2005. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, it was not possible to do a standard photo shoot for the game's cover; instead, EA Tiburon contacted Shawn Hubbard, the official team photographer for the Baltimore Ravens, to provide photos of Jackson for the cover.[2]

Release
The game is scheduled to released on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on August 28, 2020.[3][4] The other "special" version of the game will be called the MVP edition, which will be available to play three days earlier. The game was officially announced on May 7, 2020, and it was also announced the game would be available on upcoming consoles PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X upon their releases planned for holiday season 2020.[5] EA had previously announced that the next installment of Madden NFL would also release on Stadia in winter 2020.[6][7]

Gameplay
Madden NFL 21 will include new innovative gameplay mechanics that offer advanced levels of control and inspire creativity on both sides of the ball. The new stick skill ball-carrier system will give the user all out control, fresh pass rush moves will be introduced. Tackle improvements will create more open-field realism, and there will be new user-controlled celebrations. This, along with the release date, was revealed in the description of a first-look video originally set to premiere on June 1,[8] but was delayed until June 16 due to the George Floyd protests.[9]

Criticism
On June 16, 2020, the trailer for Madden NFL 21 was released and it was panned by reviewers and gamers, people say that no new changes were made for Madden NFL 21 calling it "a $60 roster update" and "Madden NFL 20 with a new name" among other comments about the trailer.[10] A few days later on June 30, 2020, EA announced some new features to the franchise mode, which received universal hate, gamers claim that no changes have been made to the classic franchise mode which lets you simulate being an NFL coach or NFL owner, and gamers took to Twitter to express their frustration, the text "#FixMaddenFranchise" which gamers used on Twitter to express their frustration became the most viewed category on Twitter in the United States on July 1, 2020, with over 100,000 tweets in the last 24 hours from July 1, 2020.[11][12]

Oberst fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

DaveC come home

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I’m the cowboys

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Don't say gg. It's patronizing.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Where's the XBox league?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

All ratings posted

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-21/player-ratings

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

still no PC league, weak

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Blame daltos, I made him pc commish

Oberst
May 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/status/1290363842925670400

Tldr; basic poo poo like commish approving trades should be in

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Oberst posted:

https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/status/1290363842925670400

Tldr; basic poo poo like commish approving trades should be in

gunna skip until the PS5 tbh, especially if they don't offer the free upgrade 2K is. All i play is offline franchise so going to update my rosters

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I'm buying both because I'm a rube

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah I'm definitely holding out until the PS5 version, and depending on what actually happens with this year's franchise mode (that press release has a lot of wiggle room) I may just wait until next year's edition since offline franchise is all I care about.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah I'm definitely holding out until the PS5 version, and depending on what actually happens with this year's franchise mode (that press release has a lot of wiggle room) I may just wait until next year's edition since offline franchise is all I care about.

Join the goon league if you do get it this year

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Waroduce posted:

gunna skip until the PS5 tbh, especially if they don't offer the free upgrade 2K is. All i play is offline franchise so going to update my rosters

madden is offering a free upgrade, 2k is not.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-21/news/madden-21-dual-entitlement-info-faq

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Oh wow i was under the impression this was the opposite! I still will probably wait a bit since I'd like to see what this years game looks like. I used to sink hours into playing offline franchise by myself and putting together a real scouting board, but there just isn't enough to hold my attention. Nothings changed, no features have been added and nothing is new. Hoepfully the whole fix madden franchise thing adds up to something but it started trending after the game was basically done so.....next year kids?

I really miss playing the Senior Bowl tbh. Getting to handle the rookies let you really get a sense on if someone would work.

I've also never got the hook for Ultimate Team. You just run this hamster wheel of events to upgrade cards and play other people who cheese all the time I feel like or purchased amazing squads.....

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Thats why you play the only mode actually worth playing: online franchise

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
It's bad this year.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I was planning on snagging a used copy but no franchise update turned me off. I don't even remember what version I have, but it had gronk as the cover so probably a bit ago.

Is it generally the 1st next gen release that's shity on next gen onsoles or is that usually the 1st year where they're designing for it? I always forget.

I remember buying a version early in the PS4 release cycle and oh my God was it garbage

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 21, 2020

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If you bought a copy of madden last year before any updates occured and thought it was bad you just don't like football lmao

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

There are EA Play missions that expire on August 24. If you care about that sort of thing you might want to knock them out this weekend before they go bye-bye.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is Madden 21 on PC the next-gen console version?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there is a list of differences between the current and next gen console versions of Madden 21?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Nothing I could find but I'm sure it's only going to be graphical and load times enhancements like previous generations.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Year 1 madden of any new console is going to be a copy paste

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

I said come in! posted:

Is Madden 21 on PC the next-gen console version?

It is not.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
For the 18th consecutive year, I will be paying EA $60 for a glorified roster update.

I fully acknowledge that I am powerless in this situation.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

The Piper posted:

For the 18th consecutive year, I will be paying EA $60 for a glorified roster update.

I fully acknowledge that I am powerless in this situation.

same and i talked a bunch of poo poo but FOMO

add me at PSN: Waroduce if you want to play somone who has played madden every year since like 98 but still user controls a DT/DE bc its too hard to control safteys and LBs

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is it the gameplay fun this year? Last I enjoyed was 04, but I didn’t play any Madden between 04 and 11 so it’s possible some of those were good. I did not enjoy 17 or 20.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
I mean, as someone who already had EA play, it seems just fine. I kind of like the superstar abilities and having to meet goals to get the superpowers.

On a non-gameplay related note, where the hell is my dad rock soundtrack? It's been nothing but meh modern rap since like Madden 11.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

General Dog posted:

Is it the gameplay fun this year? Last I enjoyed was 04, but I didn’t play any Madden between 04 and 11 so it’s possible some of those were good. I did not enjoy 17 or 20.

Gameplay feels good to me. Everything else that's not on the field gameplay is pretty whatever - basically every madden ever

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Update notes

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

https://twitter.com/TheUndefeated/status/1303377559665684480?s=20

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Is this for ultimate team or something? What was the highest he was ever rated it Madden? 81 seems like quite a leap for 2020.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Cant wait for the SASFL bills player to slam sign FA on kaepe

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

General Dog posted:

Is this for ultimate team or something? What was the highest he was ever rated it Madden? 81 seems like quite a leap for 2020.

You are talking about a game that had paralyzed Ryan shazier at 85 for 5 years

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Metapod posted:

You are talking about a game that had paralyzed Ryan shazier at 85 for 5 years

I assumed what he lost in SPD and ACC he gained in AWR

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
He didn't

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So are no goons playing this game or is there a bigger Madden thread somewhere? Because I can't find one and that seems odd

Oberst
May 24, 2010

This is The thread, but 99% of all madden goon activities are in the discord. I'm launching the online franchise league for PS4 today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Also less people got the game at launch because EA. Several goons are getting it now that its already 10$ cheaper than launch