Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I don't understand how to get the mine elevator. I've been giving the Harvest Goddess flowers for five seasons now, have received over 4 white flowers from her and still nothing about an elevator? Is there another part to this that I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Radiation Cow posted:

I don't understand how to get the mine elevator. I've been giving the Harvest Goddess flowers for five seasons now, have received over 4 white flowers from her and still nothing about an elevator? Is there another part to this that I'm missing?

Check your bookshelf. If you have all three time wasting books from the goddess, then the next time you enter a mine where you’ve reached at least level 50, she’ll tell you about it.

Unfortunately it takes like 100 gifts. You’ll unlock Lou before you unlock the elevator.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Oh, I haven't actually reached level 50 of a mine. I assumed it would appear automatically.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
P addicted to this game, tbh

Got my 10 heart baby chicken so it's time to stuff the other 6 of 'em down the garbage disposal

Guess I'll start working on rabbits, too!!

And since all 4 cows use the same heart system, I'll sell my Coffee Boy and get into the Alpaca game :hellyeah:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

So I've been sitting on this knowledge for something like 15 years and have never seen this anywhere, on any forums or anything. Unfortunately, the save/load trick makes this kind of moot, but here is how to find the ladder in the mine on any floor. Finally, I am able to share this sacred knowledge with others.

In the PSX version, Back to Nature, the ladder to the next floor of the mine will always be within five steps of the ladder you came from. So, you can build a diamond around every ladder where the next one will be. After trying it in this version, it seems like the same thing is true. However, for the smaller floors, from what I've tried, it seems like you can use the exact same trick with just three steps.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I'm having trouble deciding who to court in this game. Right now I'm deciding between Ran, Popuri, Jennifer, Karen, and maybe Marie. Also, I just found out you can marry the harvest goddess.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

shadowvine118 posted:

I'm ... deciding ... to ... marry the harvest goddess.

Go big

I always lose interest in these games shortly after the marriage and childbirth parts so this kicks that can nice and far down the road!!

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Go big

I always lose interest in these games shortly after the marriage and childbirth parts so this kicks that can nice and far down the road!!

I went to confession at the church, confessed that I wanted to marry the harvest goddess, and the priest got really mad at me over it. Apparently he wants to marry her, too, and declared my sin unforgivable. This just makes me want to marry her more to see how he reacts.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

shadowvine118 posted:

I went to confession at the church, confessed that I wanted to marry the harvest goddess, and the priest got really mad at me over it. Apparently he wants to marry her, too, and declared my sin unforgivable. This just makes me want to marry her more to see how he reacts.

Has the harvest goddess asked you if you have a crush on anyone in town yet?

If and when she does, you have to say it's on her, or you can't marry her ever!!

Also Carter is mean as hell. I confessed that the townsfolk don't like me and he said he didn't like me either. And then he told me a creepy story about 4 hands holding a man to the floor as a house burnt down

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/marvelous_games/status/1291043231409602560?s=21

Mythic Orb issue is fixed.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Woo!! Thank goodness. It's almost winter Year 2 on my farm which means those remaining 3 cursed tools are gettin' got.

Love the new Elevator feature for the mines, too

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Gahahaha, oh man, the Mythic tools are just ridiculous. I only need 2 sprites on hand for watering in order to fully cover my farm every day.

Getting 10 million seems like quite the daunting task

Also gently caress those Kappa Jewels. The Goddess Jewels seemed to be guaranteed drops, but I had to clear 0f about a dozen times before i found the FIRST Kappa Jewel

I wanted to do a Harvest Goddess marriage but I just noticed you need to ship all the milk and fur types through X and that's like 5+ years of wake up/go to bed gameplay

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I dropped the GBA game on my last replay because I was trying to level up the Hammer to something dumb and I couldn't unequip it. So naturally I do this during the winter, which coincided with the birth of a calf from my prize cow. Little guy got sick and I couldn't equip the medicine on like day 22 of 30 or whatever it is. The calf died and I never came back to it.

If I still really like Stardew and see no problem going back to that, does this feel like major step backs? I'm not a fan of the art direction, but it does look nice.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1321474771473862658?s=21

Next full SoS game has been announced.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Picked this up on a whim a week or so ago and I'm already halfway through Y1 Winter. It's no Stardew Valley but honestly the only thing I find myself missing from SV is the villager page showing me the love/like/dislike rating for the gifts I've already given them. I really like the low barrier for friendship events, it feels like every few days I am popping another cute cutscene (though I'm sure I'm about to run out of them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Yo, Rune Factory 5 will have gay marriage on launch in the US and Japan will get it patched later.

Edit: lol I think I posted this in the wrong thread. I think I have literally every story of seasons/harvest moon thread still bookmarked.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 1, 2021