Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh man this game was totally off my radar. I put in far, far too many hours of FoMT on the ol' GBA SP

My biggest concern is that this game would feel a little hollow after Stardew Valley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Are there still only 2 save slots?

The problem before was that you would sometimes run in to a dead end and would need to restore a save where you were up one level. You'd save only after finding the next ladder but without going down said ladder.

If the next level didn't have another ladder, took too long to find it, or didn't have the rare material you were looking for, it was back to the previous save

Also does this one still have the absolutely stupid scaling for some of the rewards? Like the vacation home costing like 90 years of full farm optimal crop shipping, and the teleport stone requiring the 50 year marriage anniversary, etc?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Spring 10 and I have a little bit of buyer's remorse. Even with the QOL and minor content updates, this feels like it should be a $20 title and Stardew feels like it should be the $50 one

I like the game world graphics but really not a fan of the "everyone is a Child" sprites

Still gonna put a hundred hours into it tho

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

hopeandjoy posted:

No, what’s really bad is breeding five generations of cows to get 10 heart cows. For four different types of cows.

(The breeding applies to all animals but the pregnancy and growing phases are less painful for other animals, especially coop ones...)

Oh boy, I'm at the point now where I see what you're talking about.

Do I have to breed, specifically, the newly born cow to progress even further? Or is it just every time I breed a cow, the heart capacity is one higher?

Storebought 5 Heart Cow -> Gives Birth to 6 Heart Baby
- Can I immediately breed the Storebought 5 Heart Cow -> It gives birth to a 7 heart baby?
- Or do I need to wait for the 6 Heart Baby to mature, breed it, -> It gives birth to a 7 heart baby?

With Chickens it seems I just need to toss an egg in the incubator and it produces a +1 baby, even if the ostensible parent was still a chick

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

hopeandjoy posted:

I’m not sure. fogu doesn’t have an animal guide up yet and chickens might just work different because I doubt that after the game spawns eggs it keeps track of what chicken the object came with vs with the other animals you’re explicitly making an animal pregnant.

One Good thing I just learned though: You can skip the coffee/fruit/strawberry cow breeding. If you get a classic cow to level 10, and then buy a coffee/fruit/strawberry cow, and BREED it, the baby coffee/fruit/strawberry cow will have a 10 limit.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Got half the Cursed Tools!

Is it true that Mythic Stones are currently busted and literally don't drop in game? That doesn't bode well for getting fixed, since the Japanese version has been out for like a dang year

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
P addicted to this game, tbh

Got my 10 heart baby chicken so it's time to stuff the other 6 of 'em down the garbage disposal

Guess I'll start working on rabbits, too!!

And since all 4 cows use the same heart system, I'll sell my Coffee Boy and get into the Alpaca game :hellyeah:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

shadowvine118 posted:

I'm ... deciding ... to ... marry the harvest goddess.

Go big

I always lose interest in these games shortly after the marriage and childbirth parts so this kicks that can nice and far down the road!!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

shadowvine118 posted:

I went to confession at the church, confessed that I wanted to marry the harvest goddess, and the priest got really mad at me over it. Apparently he wants to marry her, too, and declared my sin unforgivable. This just makes me want to marry her more to see how he reacts.

Has the harvest goddess asked you if you have a crush on anyone in town yet?

If and when she does, you have to say it's on her, or you can't marry her ever!!

Also Carter is mean as hell. I confessed that the townsfolk don't like me and he said he didn't like me either. And then he told me a creepy story about 4 hands holding a man to the floor as a house burnt down

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Woo!! Thank goodness. It's almost winter Year 2 on my farm which means those remaining 3 cursed tools are gettin' got.

Love the new Elevator feature for the mines, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Gahahaha, oh man, the Mythic tools are just ridiculous. I only need 2 sprites on hand for watering in order to fully cover my farm every day.

Getting 10 million seems like quite the daunting task

Also gently caress those Kappa Jewels. The Goddess Jewels seemed to be guaranteed drops, but I had to clear 0f about a dozen times before i found the FIRST Kappa Jewel

I wanted to do a Harvest Goddess marriage but I just noticed you need to ship all the milk and fur types through X and that's like 5+ years of wake up/go to bed gameplay