Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
my vote is water world. global warming melting the ice caps check, people loving to drink piss check, austrailians being evil always check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
the earth has been captured inside a giant brony cum jar

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GI Joe cartoon is reality and all are forced to serve

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
None because they all have people. We’re doomed. We’re hosed. We’ll be dead in a year.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Idiocracy for sure.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

THX-1138 but with better fashion and hair styles.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Pawn 17 posted:

Idiocracy for sure.

That's the dystopian present

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

It's children of men op close thread.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Lawman 0 posted:

It's children of men op close thread.

where's my suicide kit then :colbert:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Robots gently caress everyone to death.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
fish men will rule the world

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

God no I’ve had dreams about this. :cripes:

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
On the Beach
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Beach_(novel)

Mad Max if we are "lucky".

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Waterworld except it’s piss.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Robots don't gently caress everyone to death

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

beanpocalypse as predicted by pkd in 1981

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The end of Threads. I'm astounded by the optimism of people that think civilization can fall apart without all the nukes getting launched.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Lolll

All blue check accounts now disabled lol

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I used to love watching post-apocalyptic movies. Desert wastelands with toxic air. Tribal warlords in crazy vehicles sort of thing.

My vote is Waterworld.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The world on fire forever in Promare and also people have pyrokinetic abilities seems quite awesome.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
The Sheep Look Up

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The end of Threads. I'm astounded by the optimism of people that think civilization can fall apart without all the nukes getting launched.

My dumbass forgot about the thousands of nukes. Likely outcome everything on earth is dead and the planet looks like mars.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Brave New World is too optimistic for us now. 1984 seems more likely. Mad Max or Fallout require nuclear winter, which is the opposite way we're headed. Waterworld maybe but I don't think mutant fish men will be around for thousands of years.

My vote is for Lord of the Flies: society just sort of crumbles due to idiot, power-hungry jackasses that control the shared resources and when the one dude with a soul actually wanders in, they make an example out of him. The rest of the decent folks have to eke out a living on the margins and hope the Big 'Uns don't get them.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf9xqsmO9m4

e: i dont know why it doesnt embed. its the intro from Full Throttle

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
weed and kudzu are genetically combined. within a year the earth is covered 99.9% with weedzu

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
The one where it's all monsters and robots and the robots all stack up together and beat the monsters but they love to bodyslam eachother into our cities so we don't build many tall structures to tempt them anymore.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Men are nearly extinct. Those few that remain are kept as breeding studs by the femarchy. Even the ugliest man finds many willing mates. Yet men do not have the one thing they truly desire: freedom.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

Men are nearly extinct. Those few that remain are kept as breeding studs by the femarchy. Even the ugliest man finds many willing mates. Yet men do not have the one thing they truly desire: freedom.

Please don't doxx me.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I hope its Cleopatra 2525 where the robots are all trying to kill us all but we got HOT BABES to protect us.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

FooF posted:

Waterworld maybe but I don't think mutant fish men will be around for thousands of years.

have you ever been to lousiana. we have a mutant fish person epidemic

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Skin_(film)

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I'm good with a vonnegut Galápagos style dystopian future, but whatever the gently caress, we are all dead anyway

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Giving it some more thought;

It won't be a singular event, like total nuclear war, or a massive earthquake; but more of a slow decay over time of many of our institutions.
Things will fall apart, the center cannot hold.

After covid-19 we will have covid-20. Some vaccines but nothing lasting. There will be warfare. South China Seas seem to be shaping up.

Unemployment will ramp up and income and health security will break down. Partisanship and divisiveness will increase. Fear of the other, as stupid as it is, will hold the will power, financial power, and voting power of many in it's grasp.

Those without ownership of property and rent payments and employment will become disenfranchised, and convoy communities of such folks in the thousands, will become the norm. They will have their own wireless networks, their own food networks, methods of squatting, education, industry and law enforcement unto their own. They will travel the wasted country as needed, not in the big cities, but everywhere else.

Those with power and wealth will isolate in guarded towers and cities, thinking they understand but disconnected from reality. They will choose personal safety and security over helping out their fellow humans when the nose is put to the grind stone.

Resources that could have been used efficiently to the benefit of many will be squandered and wasted on the short term goals of the few.

We will continue to find reasons to hate, despite all being humans on the same ball of earth.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
A police state, thats the one, the fascist dystopian future where they got drones everywhere and cops murder people whenever they feel like it.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Applewhite posted:

Welcome to Europe

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Like a lovely knockoff of William Gibson

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Blade Runner without any of the cool poo poo, followed by scattered Mad Max without people at dusk.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
We get conquered by the Romulans and walk around wearing silly coats for eternity

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Animal-Mother posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf9xqsmO9m4

e: i dont know why it doesnt embed. its the intro from Full Throttle

I’m not puttin’ my lips on that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating