Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

EclecticTastes posted:

Two of the three alien races we've encountered literally attacked us for no discernible reason beyond what can be assumed to be rampant xenophobia, so, kinda sounds like we're on the same page.

More seriously, I just want us to win at the video game, and the AI looks like it's going "Gandhi in Civ I after developing nukes due to that weird underflow error" on us so peace is feeling like a less-than-viable option. And even if it were, it's becoming increasingly obvious that we're hemmed in on all sides by aliens and stuck kind of spinning our wheels until we can open that up a little. We're right now capable of, at most, one of the four Xs, and there's really not much more to Exploit in our current territory. Not an ideal gameplay scenario.

I really don't care if once we're on par with them militarily we start aggressively projecting our influence, but I don't like people using it as an excuse to throw down space-nazi rhetoric.

Also you wanted to conquer them as soon as we ran into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

EclecticTastes posted:

It's called "roleplaying". Do you also think my dorfed character is presently engaged in massive amounts of embezzlement? I mostly just pick a position consistent with what the persona I've decided on would want, in this case that's "wildly corrupt, barely-competent con man whose only concern is advancing himself, and conquering the galaxy gives him that much more room to advance without getting found out as having no idea how to actually govern".

My space-nazi rhetoric complaint isn't aimed at you specifically, and the second point that is is in response to your OOC answer based on your OOC vote.