Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Sonny 12 14.46%
FTR vs Lucha Bros 28 33.73%
Elite vs Dinosaurs 33 39.76%
Cage vs Mox 10 12.05%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
https://twitter.com/andycomplains/status/1285958527627022338?s=19

Big Butch and the Rypt Keeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol they use OC's real name but not lovely Dustin's.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
We have learned the reason why the greatest wrestling faction possible in AEW has not yet formed. Forget the Horsemen teases, ignore the Inner Circle, bah upon the Elite.

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1286004800069472256

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

karmicknight posted:

We have learned the reason why the greatest wrestling faction possible in AEW has not yet formed. Forget the Horsemen teases, ignore the Inner Circle, bah upon the Elite.

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1286007471748919296?s=20

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

tacked on? sounds like somebody is interested in a japanese deathmatch legend

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Put Abadon with the Best Friends but change nothing about her gimmick.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

enigmahfc posted:

Put Abadon with the Best Friends but change nothing about her gimmick.

lol god that would be funny

i'm picturing it like the end of Shaun of The Dead

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

karmicknight posted:

He said he didn't kill your horse, don't you remember your weird lineart hallucination? :mad:

Statlander is the obvious choice to add to the Best Friends but that doesn't fit with the doesn't fit and is tacked on.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

This is incredible

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

22 Eargesplitten posted:

He said he didn't kill your horse, don't you remember your weird lineart hallucination? :mad:

Statlander is the obvious choice to add to the Best Friends but that doesn't fit with the doesn't fit and is tacked on.

Luckily she has a tag team partner that would be a weird fit and feel tacked on. Hikaru Shida

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

22 Eargesplitten posted:

There's a simple solution here. Just literally fasten Kris Stat to Trent and Chuck using tacks and have them carry her around.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

heel turn posted:

This is incredible

Half wrestler, half Mortal Kombat character

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nobody was talking to you Colt

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Davros1 posted:

Nobody was talking to you Colt

i was talking to colt

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

heel turn posted:

This is incredible

I love that he has a six pack but still looks fat.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

is pepsi ok posted:

I love that he has a six pack but still looks fat.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Chris is going to be like a sumo wrestler where the physical activity negates any of the negative side effects of his lifestyle but the second he stops doing those hardcore physical workouts he'll be in a lot of trouble.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cody spoke to PWI about not being on BTE any more

Cody posted:

I think in a way and a lot of people will be like "No way, he's lying", I think in a way it's actually made us stronger, but we don't spend near as much time as we used to together. Everyone is so busy, Kenny is working from the time he gets there, Matt, Nick uh are always up to something in terms of the BTE is such an important brand to them, and it's an important brand to AEW, um, and then I'm always up to something. We literally have you know, a couple of rooms in the hallway where management is all and they're basically different offices, and sometimes you think there might be a lot of goofing on in there but it's not, it's literally from 1 segment to the next, from 1 talent to the next, so I think in a way years from now we'll look at it and say it made us stronger, you know, I do miss some of the fun we had when we didn't have as many cares in the world, believe me. I'm never on BTE anymore, BTE has become a spotlight for younger guys and girls and I totally get that, but uh, I have nothing but respect and love for Matt, Nick and Kenny and if you ever hear about any in-fighting or any things of that nature, sure, I'm sure there's arguments and I'm sure there's differences of opinion but we have never gone into a show where we weren't all on the same page, very professional, those guys all put the professional in professional wrestler and uh, you know, we don't spend near as much time together anymore but we have this show with our faces on it and I know we want to make it the best.

:thunkher:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He was in the background when Matt and Matt were walking in the hallway this week.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Something just came to mind. We're building to Four Horsemen, TAZ is starting to make a stable, Lucha Bros and Butcher and Blade are a thing, Matt is probably getting Sammy and WARDLOW into his stable of youth, that's a lot of 4s... we've been bouncing the idea of a Trios Tournament, but what if they're gearing into a tournament with teams of 4?

Like add whatever configuration The Elite will be in a few months and the Nightmare Family and that's six teams already, when Inner Circle loses Sammy, this potential tournament would be a good place for them to compete and finally be destroyed for good, Best Friends or Jurassic Express can probably take an extra member each for the tournament if needed. AEW sure as hell isn't shy about eight man tag matches.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Cody spoke to PWI about not being on BTE any more

:thunkher:

It all makes sense though that last bit does have strong "a lot of questions already answered by the shirt" energy.

e: Oh right, they're also a bunch of carnies and are always working even in non-kayfabe interviews. :thunkher:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

Something just came to mind. We're building to Four Horsemen, TAZ is starting to make a stable, Lucha Bros and Butcher and Blade are a thing, Matt is probably getting Sammy and WARDLOW into his stable of youth, that's a lot of 4s... we've been bouncing the idea of a Trios Tournament, but what if they're gearing into a tournament with teams of 4?

Like add whatever configuration The Elite will be in a few months and the Nightmare Family and that's six teams already, when Inner Circle loses Sammy, this potential tournament would be a good place for them to compete and finally be destroyed for good, Best Friends or Jurassic Express can probably take an extra member each for the tournament if needed. AEW sure as hell isn't shy about eight man tag matches.

I don't know if an 4-man title has ever been done but I feel like that is pushing it. Trios would be more than fine. I can't think of too many stories you can tell with a 4-man team that wouldn't be better and more succinct with a trio.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't know if an 4-man title has ever been done but I feel like that is pushing it. Trios would be more than fine. I can't think of too many stories you can tell with a 4-man team that wouldn't be better and more succinct with a trio.

Definitely not a title, it'd be for a trophy. Something symbolic for the Four Horsemen to hold over the roster and be a threat.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think just being a group with a couple of individual titles (world, tag, women's, and/or TNT) has historically been sufficient for that. Unless they're defending the trophy, in which case it might as well be a title, isn't dominating several different divisions a strong enough statement?

E: they absolutely need to start putting women in these stables though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm deeply against more titles but if you're gonna do something like that for God's sakes get the women involved in some poo poo instead of just making more and more poo poo for the men. Go singles, tag, and women's 4 person teams and you can have the winning team get title shots or something.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

MorningMoon posted:

What about a Totally Not-Survivor Series show with all elimination tags

And then at the end of the night, have all the winning team's "Survivors" compete in a battle royal for a million dollars or something - that way the teams are encouraged to have the most members "Survive" the tag matches to give them the advantage in the battle royal so they can all split the million dollars

Call it Million Dollar Challenge or something

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MorrisBae posted:

What about a Totally Not-Survivor Series show with all elimination tags

And then at the end of the night, have all the winning team's "Survivors" compete in a battle royal for a million dollars or something - that way the teams are encouraged to have the most members "Survive" the tag matches to give them the advantage in the battle royal so they can all split the million dollars

Call it Million Dollar Challenge or something

I think you meant to post in this thread

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

Definitely not a title, it'd be for a trophy. Something symbolic for the Four Horsemen to hold over the roster and be a threat.

I think you mean literally the title of Four Horsemen is the prize.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Never Forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dynamite thread.
New Discussion thread.