Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Sonny 12 14.46%
FTR vs Lucha Bros 28 33.73%
Elite vs Dinosaurs 33 39.76%
Cage vs Mox 10 12.05%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Arn Anderson is not pleased.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1283571759703363586

Just gonna post some cool spots now:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1283571410535960576

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1283568315869339648

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1283579234766602240

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 7/15 mostly via https://www.f4wonline.com

quote:

TNT Championship match: Cody (w/Arn Anderson) defeated Sonny Kiss to retain the title

They went really heavy with the Four Horsemen teases here. Tully Blanchard was pointed out in the crowd and they cut to camera shots of him several times.

Kiss got a big entrance with the Jaguars cheerleaders. The match was very good but secondary to the teases with Blanchard.

Cody appeared to be taking Kiss lightly at the start. Kiss hit a rolling elbow. Arn Anderson gave Cody a pep talk. Cody used a full nelson. Kiss came back with a headscissors.Kiss missed a leg slice off the top and landed in the splits. Kiss recovered and used a 450 for a near fall.

Cody took control of the match with a vertebreaker. Cody hit a superplex for a near fall. Cody and Arn were both heelish in arguing with ref Aubrey Edwards for a slow count. Cody used a crossface but Kiss forced a break.

Cody exposed a buckle but got sent into it himself. Kiss rolled him up for a two count. They traded strikes.

The finish came out of nowhere as Cody blocked a strike and hit Cross Rhodes for the pin.

Cody and Kiss embraced and raised each other's arms after the match.

The announcers detailed the COVID relief charities they are supporting tonight at aewfightforthefallen.com.

The announcers previewed the rest of the card. FTR vs. Lucha Brothers is up next.

FTR defeated Lucha Brothers (w/Butcher & Blade)

They again pointed out Tully in the crowd and talked about him scouting FTR.

This match was very good but not at the level of the eight-man last week.

Pentagon and Harwood began the match. Pentagon and Fenix got some shine early and hit some tandem offense. Wheeler and Fenix got tags and things flipped in FTR's favor. Pentagon saved for Fenix and Lucha Bros were back in control before a commercial break.

After the break, Harwood got a hot tag and took on Pentagon and Fenix himself. Harwood hit two crazy suplexes and hit a sliding uppercut forearm for a near fall on Fenix. Harwood's chest was bleeding from some hard chops.

Wheeler got a tag and was immediately cut off. Fenix hit a pop-up splash off Pentagon's shoulders. Pentagon hit a springboard legdrop for a two count. Harwood tagged in and hit a modified doomsday device for a near fall.

Harwood and Pentagon fought on the top rope. They did a great series of spots where Fenix and Wheeler both tried top rope splashes but their partners got their knees up.

The match broke down into a brawl with all four guys in. Pentagon hit slingblade on Wheeler. Penta teased a destroyer on the apron. Wheeler blocked. They traded chops. Wheeler hit a tornado DDT through the ropes. Fenix hit a springboard splash off the post to the floor.

The finish saw Harwood rip off Fenix's mask. Fenix covered his face and Harwood cradled him for the pin.

After the match, the Young Bucks attacked Butcher and Blade and took back the keys to FTR's truck. Kenny Omega entered with a cooler of beer.

The Bucks gave FTR their truck back. Omega offered to toast and drink a beer with FTR. FTR instead poured the beer on Omega's head.

Omega went after FTR but the Bucks held him back.

FTR left in their truck.

Chris Jericho entered for a promo with Santana, Ortiz and Jake Hager.

Jericho said he beat Orange Cassidy in one of the greatest matches in AEW history and won the ratings war last week. He explained that he's never been beaten in the 18-49 demo and called himself the Demo God. The only thing worse than demo talk on Twitter is demo talk on television.

He said the fans want a rematch with him and Cassidy, the network wants one and Cassidy wants one, but they're not getting it.

Cassidy entered. Jericho said Cassidy did great last week but proved that he's too lazy to hang with Jericho at the top level.

Cassidy snapped his fingers and oranges and orange juice fell from the ceiling. Inner Circle was juiced. Ortiz took some bumps in the orange juice.

Jericho called for a towel and someone threw him an Orange Cassidy towel to dry off with.

Not a great segment.

Alex Marvez interviewed Jurassic Express. Marko Stunt said Jericho was an idiot for getting covered in orange juice. Luchasaurus said after 65 million years he's finally getting a chance to wrestle The Elite.

Jericho joined the announce desk, taking Taz's place. Jericho ranted and raved about being covered in orange juice and his 7000 dollar jacket being ruined. Jericho cut a promo on Stunt.

They replayed the orange juice spot again. Jericho ranted and raved for several minutes.

Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks defeated Jurassic Express

This was the best match on the show. Very good stuff. I'm sure Stunt getting a lot of offense is going to be polarizing but whatever.

Nick and Jungle Boy began with a great exchange. The highlight was Jungle Boy blocking a facebuster. Stunt and Omega tagged in. They presented that Omega was taking Stunt lightly. Omega gave Stunt a lot of offense.

Luchasaurus and Matt got tags. Things quickly broke down before a commercial break and all six brawled to the floor. Omega hit a terminator dive before the break.

After the commercials, Luchasaurus got a tag and ran wild with a variety of kicks. He hit a standing moonsault on Nick and Omega saved after a cover.

Omega tagged in to face off with Luchasaurus. Omega hit snap dragon suplexes on all three Jurassic members. Jurassic Express came back with the Extinction Level Event on Omega. The Bucks made the save after a cover.

The Elite hit a triple tiger driver on Luchasurus for a near fall. Jungle Boy hit a top rope frankensteiner on Nick. Stunt hit a 450 and covered but Matt saved.

Stunt hit a tower of doom destroyer off Luchasaurus's shoulders on to Matt for a near fall. That spot was incredible.

Omega started hitting v-triggers. He went for a One-Winged Angel but Stunt blocked and rolled him up for a near fall.

Omega then hit a v-trigger and the One-Winged Angel on Stunt for the pin.

During the match they showed Hangman Page drinking at a bar backstage. FTR joined him during the match.

After the match, Omega snapped and started pounding on Stunt with right hands. The Bucks tried to talk him down. They've teased on BTE that Omega is going to be bringing back The Cleaner character and this is one of the first signs we've seen of a more serious edge to him on TV.

Alex Marvez interviewed AEW Women's Champion Hikaru Shida. MArvez mentioned that four of the top five ranked women in the company are unavailable for various reasons and asked if that meant Shida was ready for Nyla Rose.

Shida cut a promo in perfect English. She said she is always ready for Nyla but it doesn't have to be Nyla. She said there are plenty of talented women in the company. She said if you have the passion, step up and show her and challenge her.

Moxley cut an effective promo. He said things haven't been great lately but things are better today, because today, he gets to hit and be hit in the ring.

Moxley promised to tear Cage's surgically-repaired left bicep off the bone and told him to enjoy the hospital.

The Nightmare Sisters (Brandi Rhodes & Allie) defeated Kenzie Paige & MJ Jenkins

They're still doing the reluctant partners thing with Allie and Brandi. This time it was Brandi who was more aggressive about blind tagging herself in and such.

This was basically a squash. The finish saw Brandi come to Allie's aid and hit a spear on an interfering Paige while Allie hit a GTR on Jenkins for the pin.

Dustin raised Allie's arm after the match and they seem to be telling the story that Brandi and Dustin are starting to come around on Allie.

Dasha Gonzalez called out Nyla Rose. Rose heeled on Dasha, then introduced her new manager, Vickie Guerrero.

Vicke cut a promo on the entire women's division. She said when they decide to go after the title that no one will stop them.

She said that Rose will steal every opportunity from everyone in the division and cackled maniacally.

Vickie is great and I'm glad there's a spot for her in this business.

Cody defending the TNT title, Hangman Page vs Five from Dark Order, Ivelisse vs. Diamante, MJF in action, Young Bucks vs. Butcher & Blade in a falls count anywhere match and Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy vs. Jericho and Hager were announced for next week.

The main event is next.

AEW Champion Jon Moxley vs For The Win Champion Brian Cage

Jon Moxley wore a Danny Havoc shirt.

Brian Cage did lots of very powerful moves.

Jon Moxley tried to hurt Brian Cage's arm.

Brian Cage did a German Suplex onto a barricade.

Jon Moxley did the Paradigm Shift.

Jon Moxley did a bunch of arm bars.

Taz threw in the towel.

Brian Cage attacked Jon Moxley.

Darby Allin saved Jon Moxley.

It was a good show.

News
With Arena Puebla on hiatus, there are no mask debuts in AEW.

Upcoming Schedule

NEXT WEEK:
IVELISSE VS DIAMANTE
THE YOUNG BUCKS VS THE BUTCHER AND THE BLADE, FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE!

Links
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling

Your Fourth "For The Win" Champion, Brian Cage

Your First TNT Champion who has never had his belt stolen period:

Your First New Champions in AEW History the Second AEW Tag Team Champions:

Your Third AEW Women's World Champion:
https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1278512415475412992

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to not have his title belt stolen at Longhorn Steakhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

You stink!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
This week's episode pissed me off. Maybe my least favorite episode of dynamite so far.

Lucha Bros. and LAX continue to be grossly underutilized.

The Jericho ratings promo was absolutely dire, dog poo poo television. Thanks, tony khan

I don't like Nyla much to begin with but pairing her with old shrill screaming gimmick vickie makes all of that an automatic pass

ending to the championship match was lame as hell

just not a very good show this week

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

xbilkis posted:

Talking about ratings at all is bad...but a heel doing it to annoy people is good...but I know Jericho actually believes that poo poo...but the "Demo god" is a legitimately funny nickname for a delusional character to call himself...but...

even wrestling is too complicated for me. i'm beginning to suspect that i'm not so bright

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
f4w recapper remains bad

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jericho using ratings to be an annoying arrogant heel was very funny.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

that segment and his subsequent commentary was so good.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

As a regular episode of Dynamite I think it was okay, but as a thing they put a lot of hype around I feel like it didn't quite deliver, but some of that is also just my inherently weird feelings about the main event and Darby.

Lucha Bros/FTR was loving awesome, though.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I would like it if Heel Kenny Omega were the next AEW World Champion*

*Assuming PAC can't get back into the country anytime soon

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

orange cassidy is very good and i am glad he is here for us in these troubled times

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Said it in the Dynamite thread, but all the 90-day non-complete clauses from all the bullshit releases WWE did due to COVID. Marr Carona is the most likely debut next week, and might fight Cody (if not WARHORSE). Rusev is still under a COVID threat so if he was doing to debut next week, it's not happening. Who else will jump ship to AEW?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
things i liked about this episode of aew
- every match
- every segment
- the commentary

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

FTR have hosed with every member of The Elite, but Cody, right?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
"Wow, dumping stuff on people in the middle of the ring. Ripping off WWE now - what an alternative brand this is!"

A quote from a friend of mine.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Some really great matches and good booking

Love the Cody and Omega heel teases

No particularly enamored with the latest hard turn the direction of the women's division took this week

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OctoberCountry posted:

Some really great matches and good booking

Love the Cody and Omega heel teases

No particularly enamored with the latest hard turn the direction of the women's division took this week

What hard turn, everything was pretty much the same. They paid off an angle from last week and announced the debuts of some people.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

I love that he claimed he had NEVER been beaten head-to-head in the ratings since that was true up until 2-3 weeks ago, so of COURSE he would claim it now that it's false :)

I do think Jericho on commentary worked better when it was just him and Tony, and with the extra guys in the booth it can get a little chaotic. I did like a lot of the back and forth between him and JR though.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CobiWann posted:

"Wow, dumping stuff on people in the middle of the ring. Ripping off WWE now - what an alternative brand this is!"

SMDH someone didn't watch the New Blood in WCW :colbert:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

CobiWann posted:

sever

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
When somebody pointed out that Ivelisse and Diamante were in the crowd, I was hoping for another Anna Jay-style swerve where the Nightmare Sisters debut on Dynamite and then get completely pummeled by a superior team. Oh well..

Tag matches were good, Jericho's promo was good, OC is always good. Main event kind of lost me, but that happens to me in general due to fatigue.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I wasn't watching wrestling when Vickie Guerrero was a thing but I didn't particularly think that Nyla Rose needed a manager.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ivelisse "depression isn't real" Velez

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CobiWann posted:

get better friends

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Waffleopolis posted:

Said it in the Dynamite thread, but all the 90-day non-complete clauses from all the bullshit releases WWE did due to COVID. Marr Carona is the most likely debut next week, and might fight Cody (if not WARHORSE). Rusev is still under a COVID threat so if he was doing to debut next week, it's not happening. Who else will jump ship to AEW?

They’re probably taping next week’s episode tomorrow, so unless the 90 day clauses are for when it airs vs. when you did the work, it won’t be anyone from the releases until two weeks from now. Also, Miro announced he tested positive, which is a whole other game from a high risk exposure.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I wasn't watching wrestling when Vickie Guerrero was a thing but I didn't particularly think that Nyla Rose needed a manager.

Oh yeah, Nyla has already proven that she's a really strong promo, and assigning her a manager is almost certainly doing her a disservice. I have no feelings about Vickie one way or another, but I'm guessing it's AEW trying to go for an easy cash-in on Karen heat. Vickie's music does own, though.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
im down with vickie being a screeching lunatic while nyla can be a terrifying stoic heel

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I don't want Matt Cardona in AEW :colbert:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It'll be interesting to see how Cage reacts to Tazz throwing in the towel for him. Since it seems like Cage might be moving to a Darby program, I wonder who else will feud for the title? Archer perhaps?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

It'll be interesting to see how Cage reacts to Tazz throwing in the towel for him. Since it seems like Cage might be moving to a Darby program, I wonder who else will feud for the title? Archer perhaps?

MJF.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

i dunno that they'll do anything but have Cage squash Darby, it's cute that he gave him a shot with his little skateboard to save Mox because there's a story beat there between those two, but he's still a midcarder/young talent imo, so he'll probably get destroyed to try and "get to" Mox somehow

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I didn't enjoy that as much as I was hoping to and I'm sad about that.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Nyla/Vickie definitely feels like an odd fit — does the monster heel really need to cheat? does a solid promo really need a manager? — but I like Vickie as a performer and would not be surprised if the quality of her work is improved in AEW

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Waffleopolis posted:

Rusev is still under a COVID threat so if he was doing to debut next week, it's not happening.

i thought rusev actually was infected so he's not debuting anywhere any time soon

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

What hard turn, everything was pretty much the same. They paid off an angle from last week and announced the debuts of some people.

You're right, calling it a "hard turn" is dumb. I'm just not into Vickie Guerrero coming in as a regular character or the Brandi/Allie storyline taking up time on Dynamite

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

CobiWann posted:

I think you mean former friend.

And OC was clearly ripping off You Can't Do That On Television.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I enjoyed most of Dynamite except for the Ivelisse announcement. I know they’re trying to build the women’s division and she’s solid in the ring but gently caress ‘er.

I can’t imagine many of the women in the company are happy she’s here given her history.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i must have stroked out during the Ivelisse thing because i have no idea who that is and no recollection of seeing her on the show. obviously she's a dipshit, apparently

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm assuming Ivelisse has one chance and that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Maybe she's grown a bit? She did a show for AEW before, and I don't remember hearing any kerfuffle from it