Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Sonny 12 14.46%
FTR vs Lucha Bros 28 33.73%
Elite vs Dinosaurs 33 39.76%
Cage vs Mox 10 12.05%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm sitting with it and I liked the show a lot. If Kenny teasing being a heel gets him to finally have a great singles run then I'm all for it. Not that I don't love Kenny/Page, I just also miss Big Match Kenneth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Reality Protester posted:

pay MDogg20 royalties

holy poo poo i haven't thought of him in forever

i remember seeing him in CZDub and thinking he was doing the wildest poo poo i've ever seen

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

FTW champion not acknowleged:

Gets called out by ring announcer
Gets orange Chyron

He threatened the announcer to make him say it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm earing over my hearpiece that Mdogg20 and Petey Williams are in fact different people. The Intern who made the Post regrets the error.

here, have Kris Statlander destroyering herself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW2bFF2MCv4

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Them not doing anything about Darby, Hager, and Roberts dampens a lot of the show.

If only they learned from the legend killer and tweeted black lives matter, then no one would care about any accusations of sexual assault.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Canadian Destroyer = ratings !! (18-49 only)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jonny Nox posted:

FTW champion not acknowleged:

Gets called out by ring announcer
Gets orange Chyron

Called out only after he backed Justin into the corner and threatened him after he didn't say it the first time.

Probably did the same to the chryon guy.

Also it's 150 minutes after the end of dynamite and look who's trending

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

My twitter had Sonny Kiss trending, so it's better. :colbert:

anyways I leave you with a tweet
https://twitter.com/SwoleWorld/status/1283576246274797569?s=20

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jonny Nox posted:

My twitter had Sonny Kiss trending, so it's better. :colbert:

anyways I leave you with a tweet
https://twitter.com/SwoleWorld/status/1283576246274797569?s=20

right now or during the show :v:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was super into the first half of the show with Cody/Sonny, Lucha Bros/FTR, and Elite/Jurassic Express. I love the flip they're doing on Kenny being in the Page role as the guy reacting badly and being more heelish to the FTR/Bucks being dicks. And I like the idea that Cody's reign is getting to him and making him more cocky/ruthless, also that Arn isn't happy. It leaves open a lot of possibilities for where both stories are going. As much as everyone is seeing Cody and Kenny heel turns I could see it just as easily being Arn turning on Cody to form that Horsemen group with Tully and Page being in it. But I don't know. It seems very open and that's cool.

But then the show wore me down with Jericho, Vickie, that odd finish, and Darby. Win some, lose some.

I'm also a little sad that the tag champs are competing away from each other for 2 weeks with no mention of challengers or anything because this is kind of why I wanted those belts removed from that story. But que sera sera.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

right now or during the show :v:

right now :dance:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

smarxist posted:

i remember seeing him in CZDub and thinking he was doing the wildest poo poo i've ever seen

He was Son of Havoc in Lucha Underground and was infamously eliminated early from one of the more recent seasons of WWE Tough Enough because he had the nerve to be a trained wrestler who made his opponents look good or something. He's had a solid long term indie career as Matt Cross.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yeah didn't he show up on day 1 being EXTREMELY proficient, so they asked him to tone it down because the rest of the class obviously wasn't there.

Then when he complied they kicked him off the show for "not showing competitive spirit" or whatever

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

neat, my trends usually cycle really fast, especially with live events

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I have a list in my head with the people I want to show up in AEW from various feds.

Matt Cross is very on that list.

also, the list is just guys I liked from Lucha Underground so it's gotten really short.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
is Shane Strickland still toiling away in The One's Anubis universe prison?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Neodoomium posted:

Yeah didn't he show up on day 1 being EXTREMELY proficient, so they asked him to tone it down because the rest of the class obviously wasn't there.

Then when he complied they kicked him off the show for "not showing competitive spirit" or whatever

Yeah, I remember something like that as them making a point to humble him for thinking he was "a veteran" or something and then Austin booting him because he was just doing the drills with the other wrestlers and not showing them up and they were expecting some double standard of him showing out. But its been like 10 years and the general point remains some stupid WWE cult reasoning.

Lid posted:

is Shane Strickland still toiling away in The One's Anubis universe prison?

Swerve is NXT/WWE now, I believe.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 16, 2020

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm saddened by the lack of Lance Archer this week. He's still the best thing they've got.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm happy with Shida calling out an open invite to the women's division. Its a simple way to bring in women and get people over and Shida is very capable of getting good matches out of people and making it work.

I like Ivelisse in the ring but that other stuff sucks. Another tarnished rear end in a top hat. Still she'd probably have a good match with Shida and I could easily see Diamante and her working together and being an instant heel force. But again, sucks she's a prick.

I'm also sad I enjoy seeing Nyla Rose less now.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Matt Cross rules and I too would very much love to see him pop up in AEW, even if it's for a one off.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

smarxist posted:

I saw his 20th wrestling anniversary match with Josh Prohibition last year and surprise, he's still really good

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Matt Cross would be excellent in AEW, but they already have a ton of men on the roster that are getting lost. Would love him to get job security but not sure how often he’d get on screen.

The Canadian Destroyer spots are getting bigger and crazier.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I remember something like that as them making a point to humble him for thinking he was "a veteran" or something and then Austin booting him because he was just doing the drills with the other wrestlers and not showing them up and they were expecting some double standard of him showing out. But its been like 10 years and the general point remains some stupid WWE cult reasoning.

Swerve is NXT/WWE now, I believe.

i literally did not realise Swerve and Shane Strickland/Killshot were the same person. For reasons unknown to everyone including me I thought Swerve was like DJZ/Joaquin Wilde. I never pictured Killshot being a Swerve. Thats such a terrible name.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

ar fox is the one that doesnt appear to be working anywhere for some reason.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

karmicknight has sent me the data and secret details. Congratulations to the dynamite poster of the week and their esteemed company.

1. El Gallinero Gros
2. Seams
3. Lid
4. Codependent Poster
5. TV Zombie

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

i literally did not realise Swerve and Shane Strickland/Killshot were the same person. For reasons unknown to everyone including me I thought Swerve was like DJZ/Joaquin Wilde. I never pictured Killshot being a Swerve. Thats such a terrible name.

shane strickland used Swerve as a nickname on the indies too

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

he's used it for years, like every indy show he's shane strickland from swerve city

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Procrastinator posted:

ar fox is the one that doesnt appear to be working anywhere for some reason.

I think Fox's school was kind of a feeder into EVOLVE and I assume he was just locked down with them, but now that EVOLVE's dead, anything is possible I assume.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Huntman posted:

I think Fox's school was kind of a feeder into EVOLVE and I assume he was just locked down with them, but now that EVOLVE's dead, anything is possible I assume.
EVOLVE is dead*

*Triple H waited for them to go out of business and then bought them rather than trying to financially help out an independent promotion run by a massive bootlicker, despite already being on the WWE network occasionally and sending talent over for + being their NXT feeder system

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I thought the show was good, seeing kenny kill marko was real cool. I also think Shida should be champ forever, and that Hangman should never turn. These are the things I believe.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dynathoughts

Love the opening graphics. Sad to hear Toney is absent. Hope he's OK.

1) Cody vs Sonny Kiss. Sonny's entrance is next level. Cody is covering a smile, I think he's really happy this match gets to happen. Wow, Cody working heel super hard at the start. Sonny fighting back just as hard. This is easily the best he's been in a singles match. Couple of clumsy spots where things didn't come together but Sonny has done a great job so far. I like Cody having to reach deep in his bag and pull out vertebreakers etc to try and win. I like the story of this match. Not overbooked, not out of nowhere, but it adds to the match. This was a good match that made Sonny look great and did some much needed shading of Cody's character.

I like this booth, but Taz is going to the Brian Cage well too often.

2) FTR vs LUCHA BROS MEXI-KINGS, ZERO MIEDO, MEET US IN THE RING. I really like that B&B are still rolling with B&B. Heels should be friends! FTR are growing on me. I was expecting the interrupted glove spot, well done guys. Blown spot early. It's taking a bit of time for these teams to gear up with each other. Things get moving better pretty much as soon as Rey Fenix is allowed to just run around and dropkick people. This match was shorter than I wanted it to be and eaten up at the end with the Elite angle, but fun. FTR were DEFINITELY the heels though.

Cash not being able to start the car was funny.

Jesus, Chris, ratings talk? Really? Ortiz covering Jericho's ears for the "you scared" chant was great

ORANGE JUICE FROM THE CEILING! Ortiz has now bumped for orange juice.

3) Jurassic Express vs The Elite. This should be fun. Slightly annoyed they said Jurassic Express winning would be a huge upset. It's true but you don't have to say it. Jungle Boy and Nick Jackson starting out with some really creative stuff. I would absolutely watch a Marko / Kenny singles match too. Luchasaurus has got back in the game after injury. He's still slow and deliberate but his stuff has real impact. This is, as predicted, really good fun. gently caress ME, that comeback blow on Omega from Jungle Boy on the floor was incredible. I would really love AEW to do a King Of Trios style tournament, they definitely have enough good three person teams. So much creative nonsense in this match. Enjoyed it a lot as a good example of AEW's wild tag style

Kenny getting a bit out of control is good character work, and a very decent slow build.

Hi, Shida. She's depressingly right about the women's division being low on women.

Mox: "I have some thoughts, better get to the construction site". His shirt has "y Havoc" on it. I really hope that starts "Dann" not "Jimm"

4) nightmare Sisters vs Kenzie Page and MJ Jenkins. I love the metal version of Brandi's theme. Brandi and Allie have gear that if not matching at least compliments. This is a squash, but an energetic one.

Nyla announces Vickie Guerrero as her manager. Planet sized "meh".

IVELISSE VS DIAMANTE! gently caress YES!

5) Brian Cage vs Jon Moxley in a non-FTW-title match (I understand the AEW title is on the line). Taz is such a good mouthpiece. Thank gently caress, it was a Danny Havoc shirt. Cage doing reps with the AEW champion is great. Mox does a good job of wrestling from underneath. I think they could make something of all his major opponents outweighing him. This is a brutal, enjoyable two way mauling. I like Moxley more than I like Moxley's preferred match style. Cage is amazing but doesn't suit slow matches that much. Instead you need to make him do insane big guy poo poo like a LEAPING TOP ROPE MOONSAULT WHAT THE CHRIST! Once I got into the swing of it, I liked this match a lot. Taz throwing in the towel was a bit weird.

And Darby came back. Oh.

Good show. Awkward ending. I like Cage just not being able to calm down.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

quote:

Jericho: “Did you hear him say he was 65 million years old?“

JR: “I did hear that! Something suspicious about that statement.”

Jericho: “I wanna see his birth certificate! You probably know what it is, Excalibur, you GEEK!”

Excalibur: “They didn’t have birth certificates back then. They didn’t have papyrus.”

Jericho: “Well....alright. Uhhh...well....well played.”

Jericho is the loving greatest.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I thought Dynamite was mostly good with flawed but fun matches. The orange shower was amazing and pushed over the top by Ortiz and I really hope this means they're gonna run this feud on to Jericho/OC II at All Out. I'm really liking that the Elite/FTR storyline is bringing back all the complex dynamics from earlier in the year. Sonny looked great in his title shot and his new theme slaps like hell. Vickie can be great but I think she'd have been better used to debut a new talent because Nyla really doesn't need her, although her mouthing along to Vickie's promo was funny. I'm not thrilled at seeing Ivelisse show up again so hopefully that match is there to push Diamente instead. Darby being back is eh, whatever.

e: Cody has weighed in on the ratings war

Cody posted:

It’s really easy to get caught up in the weeds with like ‘for X amount of weeks we beat WWE in the ratings’ or get into this wild demo discussion – if you ever catch me tweeting about the demos, please just delete my account,

Rarity fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 16, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

What did Ivelisse even do? I'm not finding much controversy online other than being co-plaintiffs with Joey Ryan in the LU lawsuit, which doesn't seem like a particularly close relationship.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the fact a guy came out and ranted about the ratings and then was immediately humiliated should tell people something

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I was watching this like "What's wrong? This is good!" and then saw the video title :stare:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I went to sleep from depression instead of watching the show but i've seen people talking about how the ratings came up again. i hope that they don't ever talk about it again even as a performative own or anything like that. It's sort of beyond uninteresting. it's anti-interesting to me. Imagine if you were watching dynamite and suddenly I was on the AEW tv show just talking like this. that's how talking about ratings seems like to me.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JOHN CENA posted:

he's used it for years, like every indy show he's shane strickland from swerve city

Alaois posted:

shane strickland used Swerve as a nickname on the indies too

well i feel like a dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lid. you're smart. You got 3 points yesterday.