Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Sonny 12 14.46%
FTR vs Lucha Bros 28 33.73%
Elite vs Dinosaurs 33 39.76%
Cage vs Mox 10 12.05%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Chris James 2 posted:

Even if he didn't, he was moved to the alumni section the day after Hawkins, EC3, Gallows/Anderson etc were all fired, so he's been able to work/be signed elsewhere as of Sunday morning (everyone else was as of Saturday morning)

But does that work for tapings prior to the cutoff date? Could Hero tape on Thursday for something that would air the next Wednesday when the non-compete ends on the Saturday/Sunday between the two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I want to pay $60 plus at least $30 in international shipping from ShopAEW.com for my Lucha Bros masks

Seriously they need to set up some kind of satellite operation for fans outside the US because PWT shipping is loving outrageous, it’s not like it’s even particularly fast.

It's not even fast residing one state away, about 3.5 hours by car from the storefront.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

But does that work for tapings prior to the cutoff date? Could Hero tape on Thursday for something that would air the next Wednesday when the non-compete ends on the Saturday/Sunday between the two?

Yes, the relevent date is the taping date as that's when the work is taking place.

Network would look a lot smaller if you could only air content featuring people still under contract.

It's the same reason why anybody who's WWE contract ended in the last couple of days won't show up on Dynamite tonight, as it was taped last week.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ted DiBiase Jr. will be the mystery opponent, because Cody is HHH and only works with his friends

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

blunt posted:

Dynamite tonight was taped last week.

Which makes me think it's either Warhorse or Eddie Kingston (it's not Nick Gage, I refuse to get my hopes up about that)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

IcePhoenix posted:

I came to a realization this morning that another great person to take the TNT Title off of Cody would be...Cult Cabana

How about this:

Mr Brodie builds up Colt, helping him to win, while Colt stays semi naive to the whole thing (knows but won't admit)

Colt gets a TNT title shot at All Out, and it's a super dirty match but ends with Colt winning clean.

New Champ Colt is then asked for a favour by his best friend, Mr Brodie. The first shot at his title. With it intimated that maybe he should drop the title.

They have a match that starts in good spirits until it's clear Colt wants to be competitive, at which point Brodie obliterates him. Puts him out of action.

Multi month run with Mr Brodie in god mode as TNT champ. Ending when a returning Colt demands a title shot at Full Gear.

Face Colt is back and NEW TNT champ.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Chris James 2 posted:

Even if he didn't, he was moved to the alumni section the day after Hawkins, EC3, Gallows/Anderson etc were all fired, so he's been able to work/be signed elsewhere as of Sunday morning (everyone else was as of Saturday morning)

do you mean this past sunday or the Sunday before? because the conceit was that people out this past weekend couldnt have worked the dynamite airing today that was taped last week. however, tino sabbitelli was able to work dark, because nxt wrestlers got a shorter noncompete.

he may also be trapped in europe so.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
An Early Dynamite Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933591

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Just watched Dark but I'm posting here because maybe it's more general of a comment, but after watching Ricky Starks with his theme music and his Absolute gimmick and his incredible finish with Will Hobbs, I thought "this guy is a star that needs to be on Dynamite." So the Taz-Starks reveal made me happy. This guy should absolutely be the big challenge to Cody for the belt.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

he already challenged cody for the belt. he lost

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Paper Lion posted:

he already challenged cody for the belt. he lost

I mean down the line. They can build up a rematch pretty easily

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Cassidy made it to ESPN https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/29511370/orange-cassidy-unlikely-breakout-star-2020-barely-even-trying

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They don't have a wrestling section so it's under wwe. :lol:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

IcePhoenix posted:

That's not Kenny it's Joey Janela

also going to the site to actually see who it was (since I couldn't tell from the picture) meant that I found out they have a ton of masks for sale and drat if I'm not tempted by a few of them

https://www.shopaew.com/face-masks

I have the non-pocked Pentagon mask and it's pretty nice, it's a soft material and very comfortable to wear. I wish it was a touch taller since I wear glasses and if I pull it far enough up my nose to keep my lenses from fogging, it doesn't quite slip under my chin but that's a pretty small quibble.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I assume the mystery opponent for Cody tonight is Warhorse, but I'm also half-expecting it to be someone else for whatever reason and I'm afraid I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ganso Bomb posted:

I assume the mystery opponent for Cody tonight is Warhorse, but I'm also half-expecting it to be someone else for whatever reason and I'm afraid I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

Could also be Eddie Kingston and that should not disappoint you even if you wanted Warhorse

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Get away from the city

Leave the hubbub behind

Go somewhere calm

Go to Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szqNmefKXxc

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Jim Clipperly????

Edit: upon closer inspection my head added the first L but I'm going to leave it anyway

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

IcePhoenix posted:

Could also be Eddie Kingston and that should not disappoint you even if you wanted Warhorse

Yeah, that would be a very good twist on things. There are a ton of indie dudes who I'd be excited to see, I'm just for whatever reason expecting letdowns tonight? I don't know why!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, that would be a very good twist on things. There are a ton of indie dudes who I'd be excited to see, I'm just for whatever reason expecting letdowns tonight? I don't know why!

the answer to that question is always WWE

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I am certainly excited by whatever introductory video package they put together for either Eddie Kingston or Warhorse, assuming it’s one of them.

Honestly, the only person they could put in that slot tonight based on the promotion that would disappoint me is Cardona, and I think the no compete clause prevents that due to when it was taped, so I will probably be happy.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 22, 2020

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

They don't have a wrestling section so it's under wwe. :lol:

I wonder who's more pissed about this article's placement - WWE or AEW :lol:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Because when WWE does open challenges most of the time the person that comes out is the heel the champ is already feuding with. Half the time that heel is Ziggler or Corbin.

So far AEW seems to be taking the open challenge approach of the competitors only being a mystery if it’s a debut/surprise. The Cody matches with Sonny, Marq Quen, etc were all advertised.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It would be weird for Colt to shout Cardona out as a "top independent talent".

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jericho Cruise III has been postponed to October 2021

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Where’s Jeff Cobb at these days? Stuck in Japan?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dacap posted:

Where’s Jeff Cobb at these days? Stuck in Japan?

He's been on the NJPW America shows, so no.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Jeff Cobb needs to join Taz in the stable of men who look like cannonballs

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

IcePhoenix posted:

I love WARHORSE but I would burst into glitter if Kingston showed up.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

Jericho Cruise III has been postponed to October 2021

A great way to promote this cruise would be if they only allowed non-Americans (besides talent) to attend.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

quote:

The ball has officially been given to Orange Cassidy.

Will he run with it? No, he says. "I'll walk."

:allears:

What an utter delight this man is.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

A great way to lose loads of money would be if they only allowed non-Americans (besides talent) to attend.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol I was scrolling down this article thinking "god drat this is a lot of words about OC" before realizing it was just buffering new stories below the OC one :downs:

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Very excited that the Challenge is over so I can go back to posting my crap live tonight.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
God, imagine an armory full of sweaty indie die hard hogs trying to grok Orange Cassidy for the first time like 6-7 years ago and not getting even the slightest bit over, it must have taken a ridic amount of faith in the gimmick and his payoffs for being invested into it (the bursts of incredible technical skill and rear end whooping) to ride it through

also this quote:

quote:

"We were out there ringside, and so many times during the match, especially when he started doing his comeback, I'm supposed to be reacting excited, but I'm so emotional about it for some reason," Beretta said. "I had to wipe tears from my eyes, because I was crying because my friend was getting such crazy reactions."

:kimchi:

they should have won the god damned belts

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Why does it say 1987?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Arbite posted:

Why does it say 1987?

That's when Taz started wrestling, I think.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Arbite posted:

Why does it say 1987?

When Taz broke in I believe

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Arbite posted:

Why does it say 1987?
That's when Taz started his wrestling career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Tazz was born in 87. he was a big kid but now he looks terrible at 32.