Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Sonny 12 14.46%
FTR vs Lucha Bros 28 33.73%
Elite vs Dinosaurs 33 39.76%
Cage vs Mox 10 12.05%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

It'll be interesting to see how Cage reacts to Tazz throwing in the towel for him. Since it seems like Cage might be moving to a Darby program, I wonder who else will feud for the title? Archer perhaps?

MJF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm assuming Ivelisse has one chance and that's it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If Nyla and Vickie have as good of chemistry onscreen as they apparently do backstage I think it could be great. I wasn't watching when she was in WWE though, so maybe the gimmick isn't played out for me.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

enigmahfc posted:

one things I did like about this episode is it felt like it was setting up more story lines/matches than the average ep of Dynamite.

There was Tully scouting Cody and FTR, the Oc/Jericho stuff, Nayla and Vicki, you got more on FTR and the Bucks, with Kenny thrown in, that quick cut away to Page drinking with FTR that could go so many ways, Arn not being so happy with how Cody is acting on his title defenses...Maybe it's just me, but this felt like a lot of story progression, in a good way.

They did a Coaches Corner with Arn after that match and he was seriously pissed at Cody. It feels like something big could happen against WARHORSE.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It feels like we were supposed to get Mox vs. MJF at DON but the pandemic derailed that, so now I wouldn't be surprised if they get back to it for All Out.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

My dream booking right now is MJF taking the title off Mox, then Hangman taking it off MJF, and heel Omega coming after Hangman

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm really loving happy for Sonny Kiss. I'm so glad they let that match open and that it seems to have paid off.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Diners, Drive-Ins and DS9

This was the weirdest page snipe and I am delighted.

Guy's Gold Pressed Grocery Games.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They rushed the end of Cole's reign to pop the ratings.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

That poo poo's definitely weird. Might be something to do with the legality?

In any case, feel free to dump my theory of where the line is out the window.

IIRC, the text messages with Roberts didn't prove that he knew she was underage. That said, I have my doubts he'd have cared if she *did* tell him (and she very well may have, just not having screenshots that prove that), he should probably be fired anyway, and the whole industry needs an overhauling of how "talent" interacts with fans because it can and does lead to situations just like that.. but just from my respective interactions with the wrestling community and other communities I'm part of, it feels like the wrestling community is a few years away from that realization still.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

Kenny is going to hit the OWE on Page and it will be nuclear heat

If he does that in front of a crowd, would we get trash in the ring?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Saul Goode posted:

Finally got round to watching Mox v Omega and maybe I've just been desensitised by death matches but it really wasn't that bad was it? For something that created so much disgust online I was expecting way worse, I mean it felt like a 10x safer and less cringey match than most of the poo poo Foley did in WWE.

There was a lot of small lacerations but ironically the worst (meaning most painful) part of that match was Kenny faceplanting on the wood after trying to do a Phoenix Splash.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gallows and Anderson are streaming their podcast right now, apparently they were supposed to be in the Inner Circle instead of LAX and they were gonna beat the poo poo out of Kenny and The Bucks on the first Dynamite.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

So they've signed with IMPACT. That's fine. I think we're finally at the talent saturation point in the men's division in AEW. I don't even know if they're any good or not because I have absolutely not been watching WWE for the last 4 years.

Reading between the lines it sounds like they kinda pissed AEW off and probably did not get as good of a deal this year that they did last year.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

I really want to see this promo he's talking about.

https://youtu.be/VHtFf-50TrQ?t=636

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think they've been thinking about how to repackage themselves during this whole time.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Him posting his new entrance theme this morning and it also being a Downstait song made it feel a bit more obvious

edit: oh wait was the show taped pre-this week? I don't know their taping schedule

Live this week, taped next week. They're on a 2 week schedule where they do Live dynamite on Wednesday, and tape next week's on Thursday.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

And he's a complete reveal of how much "grab the brass ring" is 100% bullshit.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

At the very least he could replace the loving abysmal social media guy they've got now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He's just nothing. Luther is probably the worst wrestler in the company, but the pointing at his forehead and sticking his tongue out is at least fun to goof on.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Looks like Mil Muertes wants in AEW.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCznFwPpMJ0/?igshid=16k9vm1thy41u

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think there are some "moments" you can delay, like Wardlow and MJF splitting unless that's going to be tied to the Mox vs. MJF angle they're building towards for All Out, but yeah, they'd be better suited not trying to hold anything back for the sake of waiting for crowds. Because it's gonna be a long time.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

i saw something about travel restrictions to / from Mexico being relaxed so hopefully TH2 will get their asses to JAX

Angelico lives in Spain, IIRC.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOg6PQJ6_1Q

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

"There's two Pauls in that company, and neither one would lie to me" WOW

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

She was at All In so I can only assume she behaved herself enough to get a match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Starks vs. Hobbs and Allin vs. Anthony should both be good. Rest should be okay, and it'll take a miracle for Shida to get a good match out of Rache.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I unironically love 50+ seconds for 50+.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

If FTR are in under a handshake like they have said in interviews, they are probably not getting the belts.

I'm almost positive that's a work. There's going to be a reveal that they're in on a long-term deal after they beat the Bucks or something.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The problem I think with FTR/Bucks is that they don't need the belts, but their feud would overshadow the belts anyway.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Yeah I get the sense that its not exactly bad blood with The Good Brothers. But signing them now would be bad business, both because of the message that sends that its okay to blow off AEW because we'll be your runner up choice if it doesn't work out, and because they had a clear storyline and the window for that story has closed. I think they should sign em after they do 2 years in Impact Prison

They said there wasn't heat with the Bucks anymore but I wouldn't be surprised if Coward Tony was a little pissed.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think it was specifically that they didn't have heat with the Bucks but some people in the office were still mad. And yeah, I get that. Like, if I was the Bucks I think my opinion would be that I'd be friends with the guys but I wouldn't want to do business with them. I assume the more your relationship with The Good Brothers is business the more you're still kinda mad at them.

My assumption is that they had a good amount of money earmarked in the talent budget for them (IIRC they said they told the Bucks they were coming for six months or somewhere along those lines) and AEW probably had to pass up some free agents because of that money being earmarked during that time.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

What's the story on the bad blood between the good brothers and the bucks?

The Bucks were a little pissed at them for a while since they (the good brothers) basically said for six months that they were coming to AEW, and then WWE gave them an offer that they couldn't pass up. They seem cool with eachother now but there's evidently someone in a position of power in AEW that is still a little heated, so for that (and probably other reasons) AEW didn't give them an offer when they got released by WWE.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

It speaks pretty badly of me that I don't blame AEW in the skighte.

They beat themselves up pretty bad for it in their podcast detailing the whole thing if it makes you feel better.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think I prefer the Inner Circle as it is now than one where Gallows and Anderson are in Santana and Ortiz' spot.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah they definitely wouldn’t have been able to do NJPW, no other AEW star has managed to work for NJPW at the same time.

They wouldn't be able to do US appearances, but yeah, NJPW wasn't able (or willing) to pay them what they wanted to stay completely exclusive with them so they relented and were going to let them do AEW too. And both of those together were competitive with WWE's initial offer, then H upped the contract by 100-200k and they had to take it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I think Gallows and Anderson actually fit Jericho's humor more and would be very effective menacing enforces as well as comic jesters. And ideally that would have freed up Santana and Ortiz to be more than what they've been and maybe have a stronger presence in the tag division.

But it is what it is.

I think I just like the multi-racial composition of the Inner Circle a whole lot, even if Jericho and Hager are.. problematic. It just feels like something you rarely see.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 20, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Did they "play them"? I guess that's the heart of it. Like theres a scenario were Gallows and Anderson had a good faith negotiation that WWE just won out on. Or there's a scenario where Gallows and Anderson made false promises and acted in bad faith. But I haven't really read anything that clearly suggests it was the latter. Maybe I've missed it?

It was basically more or less a verbal agreement, from the way they tell it, they told The Bucks they were coming to AEW for about six months.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

In and of itself that doesn't feel unethical to me. You shouldn't have to be beholden to a promise to a friend in a better career opportunity comes along. But there's a right and a wrong way to handle that and I don't know which one Anderson and Gallows did. Its a question of:

a) Did Gallows and Anderson handle it badly?
b) Did Gallows and Anderson handle it fine but the Bucks/AEW just took it badly?
c) Is it a little bit of both?

From listening to them, it sounds like kinda C? They told the Bucks they were coming, they had an angle written for them to debut on the first episode of Dynamite (and basically close the show), they had a meeting with Tony Khan set up that they then had to cancel. If I was AEW I'd probably take that last thing the worst - it probably couldn't have hurt them to have the meeting with Tony and hear out their offer before signing with WWE, unless that contract with WWE would be pulled off the table if they didn't agree immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

y'all am i completely wrong or wasn't that skit at the beginning of BTE something that they filmed recently and not actually"years ago?" like they made jokes about their relative futures including that line about the two pauls

i don't know how much "bad blood" there actually is if ganderson were fine with, yknow, being on BTE and making those goofs

Matt and Nick are wearing the covid wristbands.