Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
it’s been a couple years now and i still constantly want to rewatch Annihilation, no matter how recently i last saw it. there are so many scenes that i’m so enamored with, i feel like i need weeks to just sit and marinate on each of em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

it’s been a couple years now and i still constantly want to rewatch Annihilation, no matter how recently i last saw it. there are so many scenes that i’m so enamored with, i feel like i need weeks to just sit and marinate on each of em

the bear scene and dancer scene are incredible

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

god same. i've seen it maybe four times now and it just bowls me over every time, its fuckin incredible. its a slow burn but i dont think there's a wasted second in that movie

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

I judge every movie by whether or not someone says the title of the film at a dramatic moment and Annihilation nails that category

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

The scene where they're watching the husbands camcorder unnerves me even to think about still

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

The scene where they're watching the husbands camcorder unnerves me even to think about still

man yeah, and th camcorder scene at the end too. oscar isaac is so drat good

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

man yeah, and th camcorder scene at the end too. oscar isaac is so drat good

this. the guy has a pretty stacked filmography: body of lies, drive, inside llewyn davis, ex machina, show me a hero. I'm glad he got his big break on star wars, dude deserves it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

oh hell yes

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OqVgZcRpYs

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Demolition Man Funny Moments

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

honestly i think youre crazy to even try ranking the scenes in demolition man, the whole drat movie is win

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

some retard : the best scene is the three sea shells :downs:
me: oh really we're just going to ignore the franchise wars and mini tunes? its not even worth talking about this with you :ughh:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
three shells is such a normie rear end answer

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I fully believe that they didn't actually write a script for Dennis Leary's character and just let him go off and do his thing during his scenes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

trying to jack off posted:

some retard : the best scene is the three sea shells :downs:
me: oh really we're just going to ignore the franchise wars and mini tunes? its not even worth talking about this with you :ughh:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Please God no.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

everything in the future is a combination taco bell pizza hut after the franchise wars.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I watched doctor sleep and it sucked rear end

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I watched doctor sleep and it sucked rear end

that's a shame, it looked interesting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RIP to BBV.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i keep trying to get friends to watch Stephen King's The Langoliers over Discord and all of them keep scampering away

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

anyway, i enjoy vidoe games, but also movies, books, tv shows, and, hell, cooking. if only there were a forum for the well-rounded imp, maybe with a classy pink background.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
powered thru much of twin peaks in the past few days, just feasting. everythings so sick

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Summoning the ghost of synthy by mentioning how much I enjoyed Mortal Kombat Annihilation and how it's actually better than the first.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

its my 2nd favorite video game movie sequel with Annihilation as the subtitle

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

i keep trying to get friends to watch Stephen King's The Langoliers over Discord and all of them keep scampering away

That movie kicks rear end.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

cleared off my work backlog so i'm gonna sit and binge bruce lee movies and play switch all day tomorrow ftw

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

powered thru much of twin peaks in the past few days, just feasting. everythings so sick

hell yeah

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

That movie kicks rear end.

this is what i'm saying!!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Season 3 is a master piece.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gonna watch Phantom Thread during the week I think

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I was mod there, which makes it a Imp Zone core state and grants us casus belli

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its not closed is it. why not just post in BBV.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

move the last remaining posts to an oregon goonmmeets thread.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it's dead as it gets and i like the people in imp zone way better. make it a subforum and the only people posting there would be imps who like movies

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

anyway, i enjoy vidoe games, but also movies, books, tv shows, and, hell, cooking. if only there were a forum for the well-rounded imp, maybe with a classy pink background.

(Evil genie) wish granted, but,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress I thought this was a thread about annexing the actual blockbuster video. I had no idea it was a sub forum