Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
red or white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Red.

Pacifically, an $8 Italian wine called la fiera which I believe claims to be a a montepulciano d’abbruzza (but I think is from the Venetian? Idk how that works)but which is most notable for not giving me a headache. It has kind of a creepy carousel horse in the label but it is a screw cap which is very convenient etc

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Areola Grande

wine is great for going aseep :tootzzz:

Goons Are Gifts

Woah I really posted in here last night, I was almost certain I landed somewhere else. Good job trashed gag, didn't even mess the probe up!
I should celebrate this with a drink but

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

whoa i missed something awesome, that's a sweet gang tag y'all got there

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Goons Are Gifts

You want it, too? Can queue it up immediately!

Pahilla the Hun

Goons Are Great posted:

You want it, too? Can queue it up immediately!

heck yeah baby i’m trashed crew for life!!

mucho thanks! :glomp:

thanks nesamdoom!!

Goons Are Gifts

It's on its way to you!

Areola Grande

currently trashing

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

prepuce repurposed posted:

currently trashing

:same:

Escape From Noise

Had some drinks last night at the little sake bar behind my apartment. I stayed longer than I thought I would because the conversation was real good.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ass-penny

currently trashing

Reporting in for trashing duty. This whiskey isn't going to slam itself.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
I went on a bit of a nautical journey this weekend through the Caribbean.

Stopped by Jamaica for this Planter's Punch

The local's were very welcoming. I thought of you, trashed crew, while I was at sea. I spent some time in Jamaica but it was only my first stop.

Stooge

I love rum based cocktails and I can't believe I haven't heard of planters punch! Ty Evil Bob, gonna try this at the weekend.

Anyone else a fan of a Dark 'n Stormy?

nut

Evil Bob posted:

The local's were very welcoming. I thought of you, trashed crew, while I was at sea. I spent some time in Jamaica but it was only my first stop.

:eyepop:

Goons Are Gifts

Evil Bob posted:

Holy drat this looks amazing

Twenty Four

I have done this more times then I can remember and I always annoy myself a bit when I do it:

Get home from work, exhausted, looking to have some drinks. Crack open a beer or something, but get caught up reading the forums and don't want to get up from said exhaustion, and hours later I am sitting there with a beer I mostly finished but now has like a 1/4 of it warm in the bottom.

At this point I am wondering why I even bothered opening it, because the whole point was to get a buzz going after work and I basically just wasted a beer. If it was a super tasty beer, and I really enjoyed it, that would be one thing but this is just cheap swill for getting drunk on, but not even all that cheap.

So it's either throw in the towel, go lay down and give up after having read a bunch of threads, or really pick up the pace because I have a really high tolerance and it is getting late, and then I didn't "waste the beer" even though it had no effect on me. The second one usually wins, and, I think is about to right now.

This usually means I have to go do something other then read SA or it will just keep happening. What I am saying is I think I have a forums problem, as it often gets in the way of my drinking!

Escape From Noise

My orbs. I am trashed. I am hoping someone throws lowtax in the trash and stamps it down

Escape From Noise

Stooge posted:

I love rum based cocktails and I can't believe I haven't heard of planters punch! Ty Evil Bob, gonna try this at the weekend.

Anyone else a fan of a Dark 'n Stormy?

Dark and stormys are rad. If ginger beer wasn't so hard to find here I'd drink more

Evil Bob

After landing in Nicaragua I combined a couple of the rum's i came across in Jamaica with a much more mature 12 year aged rum found in my new local. This Navy Grog was sure to sustain me on the next leg of my journey. At this point, the seas had turned foamy, and the waves becoming a bit larger, rollicking my ship from time to time. Alas I'm a sea dog. With my grog in one hand, and the 8-point wheel in my other, I was off to seek distant shores once again.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Twenty Four posted:

I have done this more times then I can remember and I always annoy myself a bit when I do it:

Get home from work, exhausted, looking to have some drinks. Crack open a beer or something, but get caught up reading the forums and don't want to get up from said exhaustion, and hours later I am sitting there with a beer I mostly finished but now has like a 1/4 of it warm in the bottom.

At this point I am wondering why I even bothered opening it, because the whole point was to get a buzz going after work and I basically just wasted a beer. If it was a super tasty beer, and I really enjoyed it, that would be one thing but this is just cheap swill for getting drunk on, but not even all that cheap.

So it's either throw in the towel, go lay down and give up after having read a bunch of threads, or really pick up the pace because I have a really high tolerance and it is getting late, and then I didn't "waste the beer" even though it had no effect on me. The second one usually wins, and, I think is about to right now.

This usually means I have to go do something other then read SA or it will just keep happening. What I am saying is I think I have a forums problem, as it often gets in the way of my drinking!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NWNC4G...62-efcf684981f3

This might help! (watch the video)

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Evil Bob

Alas what would a journey through the Caribbean be without enjoying the vast range of beautiful flora and fauna it has to offer.

Here we can see the lovely Jungle Bird with just a glimpse of a palm frond peaking out.

Areola Grande

:swoon: would sip

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Evil Bob posted:

Alas what would a journey through the Caribbean be without enjoying the vast range of beautiful flora and fauna it has to offer.

Here we can see the lovely Jungle Bird with just a glimpse of a palm frond peaking out.

Thank you for all these!

And congrats on all the wonderful libations!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

nut

the real question is when r we gonna get to see evil bob’s stir stick collection :colbert:

Evil Bob

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Thank you for all these!

And congrats on all the wonderful libations!

I had a lot of fun this weekend. Lots of supplies were required. But you must be prepared when you set sail.

nut posted:

the real question is when r we gonna get to see evil bob’s stir stick collection :colbert:

:hmmyes:

nut

maybe I will try to drink something fancy 2day instead of or in addition to lovely beer

Evil Bob

Speaking of fauna and flora, there was a beautiful woman I met in Jamaica who I found sipping on this wonderful concoction. She called it a Jamaican Milk Punch, though its rum comes from far away in Bermuda. She was quite a sight to behold, and thanks to my nautical charm she decided to cast off with me and come along on this journey. A rough scallywag I may be, but when I meet a beautiful woman's gaze I melt.

nut posted:

maybe I will try to drink something fancy 2day instead of or in addition to lovely beer

It all has it's place, I was just feeling bold and nostalgic for the days of yesteryear (4+ months ago) this past weekend :unsmith:

Evil Bob fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 28, 2020

Stooge

where do you get the recipes from?

pls don't say message in a bottle because I'm not near the sea

Pahilla the Hun

hi i am new here how does this work

thanks nesamdoom!!

Evil Bob

Stooge posted:

where do you get the recipes from?

pls don't say message in a bottle because I'm not near the sea

While that would perhaps be the most authentic way to receive these recipes. I got mine from a book written by the owner of my all time favorite tiki/rum bar (that i've been to) Smuggler's Cove.

The book is called : Smuggler's Cove: Exotic Cocktails, Rum, and the Cult of Tiki

I like http://www.liquor.com for cocktail recipes of all kinds too

I made a hefty supply run Saturday morning to ensure I had ingredients for a lot of cocktails, most of which aren't perishable (really just the citrus are.) So i should be set up with supplies for tiki drinks for a long time, or until i'm allowed to host a proper tiki party again!

For my fellow yobbers I would suggest making Painkillers (#3) at home!

Evil Bob says:
Add the following to a cocktail shaker
3oz blended rum (get some Pusser's!)
4oz Pineapple Juice
1oz Orange Juice
1oz Coconut Cream (they sell it in 6oz cans at my local grocer in the "ethnic foods" type aisle)(P.s. before opening the can submerge it in warm water for a little bit and shake it so the cream liquifies)

Add a bunch of ice
SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE vigorously
open pour into a glass big enough for the contents, i like to use those 12 oz snifters

Grate fresh nutmeg on top
add straw
set sail

nut

me crying trying to get a can of coconut cream in rural ontario

Ass-penny

Y'all what if we don't make drinks, what if the drinks make us :aaaaa:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Pahilla the Hun

rear end-penny posted:

i almost reported this because the button is so cute but yeah :psyduck: and :hmmyes:

thanks nesamdoom!!

Evil Bob

rear end-penny posted:

The drinks definitely made me this past weekend. Well, it was more like a chicken and the egg scenario.

I also took a meeting with El Presidente, who made a bitter first impression, but had a certain sweetness under that exterior once you let her open up a bit (women can be Presidente's too)

Evil Bob

Ok Since I've hijacked this thread long enough I will wrap it up with a double picture post (wow)

At this point the mighty ocean was plenty rough and the salt was in my eyes. Just as i thought the timbers might crack and my lady and I would be sent to davy jones locker, the first ray of sunlight broke through. Nearly as quickly as the squall came upon us, she disappeared. And infact, the only way to describe the sight, was that it was as beautiful as a Hawaiian Sunset:

(PS Thats a vodka bev)

As it turned out it was not only described as a Hawaiian sunset, but in fact we had landed upon the shores of Hawaii! The ocean can be a cruel mistress, and mysterious at that. That squall had taken us through the Bermuda triangle, and by ways unknown to man we had been transported, ship and all to the Pacific ocean.

Finally back on shore, we sauntered to the nearest watering hole to rest our bones, and to calm our minds. For a trip through the triangle will leave you tangled like a fishermans net washed up on the shore.

Having found a suitable location to imbibe, I sat to reflect upon my journey with my woman at my side. The host brought a couple of the owners favorite drinks for us to wet our parched throats.

On the left: Mary Pickford, and on the right: Lauwiliwilinukunuku'oi'oi

Thank you all for joining me on this voyage and letting me share the fun I had this weekend with you all!

Evil Bob fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 28, 2020

Areola Grande

dope rear end drink posts. ty evil bob

I'm going to find some ginger beer and coconut cream this weekend :hai:

Evil Bob

dope rear end drink posts. ty evil bob

I'm going to find some ginger beer and coconut cream this weekend :hai:

Sounds like a plan!

And thanks, I've discovered over the past few years that I really enjoy making cocktails, and having the ingredients for so many different cocktails all at one time was very fun. In a different universe I think I would have liked to have been a bartender at a cocktail bar. My personality lends itself to keeping friends a bar's width away :smith:

Pahilla the Hun

Evil Bob posted:

Ok Since I've hijacked this thread long enough I will wrap it up with a double picture post (wow)

At this point the mighty ocean was plenty rough and the salt was in my eyes. Just as i thought the timbers might crack and my lady and I would be sent to davy jones locker, the first ray of sunlight broke through. Nearly as quickly as the squall came upon us, she disappeared. And infact, the only way to describe the sight, was that it was as beautiful as a Hawaiian Sunset:

(PS Thats a vodka bev)

As it turned out it was not only described as a Hawaiian sunset, but in fact we had landed upon the shores of Hawaii! The ocean can be a cruel mistress, and mysterious at that. That squall had taken us through the Bermuda triangle, and by ways unknown to man we had been transported, ship and all to the Pacific ocean.

Finally back on shore, we sauntered to the nearest watering hole to rest our bones, and to calm our minds. For a trip through the triangle will leave you tangled like a fishermans net washed up on the shore.

Having found a suitable location to imbibe, I sat to reflect upon my journey with my woman at my side. The host brought a couple of the owners favorite drinks for us to wet our parched throats.

On the left: Mary Pickford, and on the right: Lauwiliwilinukunuku'oi'oi

Thank you all for joining me on this voyage and letting me share the fun I had this weekend with you all!

nice drinnkes!

thanks nesamdoom!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

I don't see a video, but, if you see the Yeti version of this that is recommended as "often bought together" or whatever, the stainless steel one that looks more can shaped but most bottles can still fit in, yeah, that's with using one of those. It helps a bunch, but when you have posting problems like mine... lol.