Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

Well I managed to drink a bottle of lambrusco while having Monday night in my living room disco dance party, and I can highly recommend it.
(I say living room as thought there's some meaningful separation between it and the other two rooms in my apartment.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Pahilla the Hun posted:

what was the quality of the disco?

Pahilla the Hun posted:

Like Bee Gees or Chromeo?

The most disco of the disco was probably Musique - keep on jumpin' (remix), which is pretty drat disco. But that was the peak disco of the set because there was a lot more other stuff besides.

Finger Prince

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I literally did this by throwing a couple of rooibos tea bags in a bottle with Bombay Sapphire. If you want to give it a shot it's easy to scale down to just like a bag in a jam jar or something with gin. I've found it goes well with a nice lemon soda, something maybe more tart than 7 up or sprite.

Also, Trashed Crew, I just got a text that the company I work for has finall gotten their goddanged brewing license. Somehow. Keeping in mind we are entering fall, and I do have my work cut out for me so far as getting this brewery up and running in concerned, what do you think one of my first beers should be? I'm guessing I won't be able to really start brewing until November or later if this is the real deal. And a 5% ale is going to take roughly a month, it starts taking 2-3 months total for higher alcohol beers. I dunno. Hit me

Thats a cool idea about the gin, I'm gonna try that (once I get some lesser gin to experiment with).
Make a ~4% English style bitter, like a best bitter. Something like a Doom Bar or hogs back T.E.A. or even London Pride. You could do an even lower alcohol bitter like ~3.5 or so like a chiswick bitter. That should give you time to get some longer fermenting beers going. And maybe try a smoked beer for winter! I wish you luck!

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Sep 15, 2020

Finger Prince

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

That was definitely one I was considering, seeing as it's so easy to use that yeast to also do like a brown and then maybe a porter or stout

Can you get the right hops blends over there? (I guess you can probably just order them online)

Finger Prince

hello trashed crew I am also trashed.

Finger Prince

wine is nice with dinner
G&T is a nice desert
calvados on ice is where it's at though.
my head is going to hurt tomorrow.

Finger Prince

Lock posted:

truth

also you should visit shiojiri next september if the world isn’t on fire

This sounds awesome and I would love to do it one day when travel is a thing again.

Finger Prince

I think calvados is my new favourite booze.

E- this stuff.

It goes down sooo eeeasy.

Finger Prince

Oops. Little bit (lot bit) more gin left in that bottle than I expected. Now I am drinking pomello and cucumber juice that tastes mainly of gin. I still gotta make dinner later. Well it's pasta how much a mess can I possibly make?

Finger Prince

Checking in.

Finger Prince

What was the last movie you watched that made you cry?

Why, Bill & Ted Face the Music of course!

And how high were you?

Prettty loving high.

Finger Prince

A little while ago, I asked myself, "self, is it too early to start drinking?" to which I replied "not at all!"
I have since learned that I am not to be relied on in these matters.

Finger Prince

I made a resolution that I wouldn't buy any more booze until I'm back at work, but that's at least a month away and I'm down to the dregs here. I guess if all have is half a bottle of ancient sloe gin and some Amaro (which is gross, btw), I don't have to worry about making bad decisions on when to start drinking.

Finger Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqsy9Wtr1qE

Finger Prince

Escape From Noise posted:

I saw this come up in my suggestions recently

~~~de algoriddim~~~

Finger Prince

B33rChiller posted:

necroing a comment to chime back in after a bit of absence.

Man, this is such a downer for me, trying to find cider that isn't just a sugar cane smacking me in the face with every sip. Try finding ciders that aren't super sweet. Unfortunately all we seem to make here, and import are sweet tasting apple ciders.

I did find a few that were really dark coloured, and had a much more earthy taste when I last visited France, but whatever style that was doesn't seem to be available at home for me.

Breton cider (what it's generally called), and also Normandy cider (which you aren't likely to find outside of France, even if it's famous for apple booze) is really nice if you can find it. Less alcoholic than British style ciders but so flavourful.
A British style dry cider was a unicorn even a few years ago here, but there's been a big explosion of craft cider in Ontario and there's some very good dry ciders and perries being made here now. Okanagan cider, which I guess is what you're most likely to get in BC, has always tended to be more like alcopop and super sweet. I'd be surprised if there wasn't some craft cider being fermented out there now though. Check the ingredients label on the can, and if it only says apples, water (and maybe like sulphites), chances are it'll be more to your palette. It's surprising how many add sugar even when they claim to be "dry" or "farmhouse" style or whatever.

E- maybe see if you can find some of this?
https://www.bcliquorstores.com/product/103940

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 13, 2021

Finger Prince

drat this looks good:
https://www.seacider.ca/product/perry-limited-release/
(I really like perry)

Finger Prince

Teddy Thunders posted:

Moving on to weed time, I'm having Grand Daddy Purps and a buttload of kief dumped on it, in the Arizer V-Tower. The V Tower will retire to another state soon, as my Extreme Q will be arriving in the next couple of days.

Also I'm having a blackberry Spindrift with a shot of sketchy vodka added.

I have heard that if you take your vaped dregs and crush them up into some olive oil, let it sit for an hour or so and mop it up with some bread and balsamic (or whatever to eat it), it's super effective. Two science experiments have so far confirmed this and a third will be tried just to be sure.

Finger Prince

Teddy Thunders posted:

I can confirm this, as a person who does science, that it is indeed very effective. Also add a little garlic and basil and lemon and black pepper and salt; might as well make it real nice.

drat I never thought of dressing it up with seasonings, oil and balsamic were always good enough on their own for me. You're telling me it can be made even more good??
I might need to try some science soon.

Finger Prince

rear end-penny posted:

People who say packaging doesn't impact where there money goes even to a small degree are lying to themselves imo.

I admit to being a sucker for wines with hand drawn illustrations of vineyards and châteaus on the label. Pretty much none of the better wines I've had have had hand drawn illustrations of vineyards and châteaus on the label.

Finger Prince

Escape From Noise posted:

Admittedly, I'm also an absolute loving sucker for cool bottles.

Hard same. I have dreams of turning them in to vases for all the cut flowers I never buy or candle holders for all the candles I don't buy and eventually, sadly, they all end up dusty and in the recycling bin.

Finger Prince

The Korean takeaway down the road sells Korean bugles and let me tell you something mister.
Korean bugles are like on another loving level. You think you like bugles? Think again. Korean bugles.

Finger Prince

I've never tried ketamine but this is pretty good.
https://i.imgur.com/QrF1aKj.gifv

Finger Prince

more falafel please posted:

bottled 12 gallons of wine today, 6 gewurtztaminer and 6 syrah. they're pretty good which is a big improvement over last year's which I try to just forget about/use for cooking

Mmm, I love a nice gewurtz. Probably my favourite grape variety.

Finger Prince

my wife especially likes sweeter whites and so we make gewurtz every year, and switch up the red. I've done Pinot noir, malbec (that was the bad year, we hosed something up and both wines got kinda oxidized and not great, drinkable but bleh), Syrah, and we just picked up juice yesterday for 2021 gewurz and a carmenere. we just get juice, no fruit, so the reds don't end up too full bodied, so I avoid the traditionally big full bodied cabs and stuff

Do you make them sweet, like desert wine or demi-sec? Or more dry style?

Finger Prince

Teddy Thunders posted:

Btw a word of caution about the arizer Extreme Q: hahahaha holy poo poo I'm high as hell, don't use a full bowl by yourself especially if you go "eh throw in the rest of this kief," you will die of a powerful we'd overdose

Arizer makes good stuff. I've got an Air 2 and I love it. I'd love one of those portables henks & bickell or whoever that German company is that makes the volcano and mighty, but they're just straight up too expensive. Arizer is Canadian so the prices here are pretty good.

Finger Prince

Twenty Four posted:

I went to work at 6AM since the sun was up thinking i was late to work and was confused that the office was closed. Yeah, I work the night shift.

Birthday drinks did me in. My legacy. Trashed crew.

Lol, I don't think I ever made it as far as work, but I have gone pretty far down the fuckfuckfuck how long did I sleep?? road.

Finger Prince

any booze that comes in single serving packages is a One, imo

like a glass of wine isn't a One, but one of those little 200ml cans of sparkling wine is a One

Also those 750ml bottles of wine.

Finger Prince

AstraZeneca 1st dose trip report:
Recieved at ~09:50
~21:00 - body aches starting
~21:30 - just want to go to bed and bury myself under the duvet. It feels like I've been sat on by an elephant.
~00:30 - wake up, body aches subsided but head ache starting. Hot and cold flushes
~03:00 - still awake. Headache massive now. Like a hangover after a night drinking bourbon.
~03:30 - get up for a Tylenol.
~04:00 - headache has eased into the background. Sleep still eludes me. Posting about experience in trashed crew.

Finger Prince

Hey here's a fun game, kids! It's called "get all your chores done before the edibles kick in and you're loving useless!"

Finger Prince

Blackberry seltzer mixed 50:50 with an off dry Riesling is amazing!
I could get very, very drunk on that.

Finger Prince

I picked up several ones today. Nicaraguan one is supposed to be good. Went all euro trash on the rest except the pabst. Also a black cherry hard seltzer to see what all the fuss is about. Not pictured: a steam whistle that I gave to a grizzled old street dude who was eyeing my carrier thirstily as I approached.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 26, 2021

Finger Prince

Nütrl black cherry hard seltzer review: ok I get it, like you want to feel a buzz but you don't want a "drink". Would I choose to drink this again? No, I'd rather just put some booze in a La Croix. It's probably a better option to drink warm than beer or cider though, so could be a good camping drink. Also I guess it's pretty low calorie - 130kcal compared to 200 for the same amount of pabst. Yeah, I kind of get it. I probably wouldn't again though.

Finger Prince

Also apparently the pabst is brewed under license in Guelph, Ontario, so I'm not getting the true Milwaukee experience.

Finger Prince

So that Toña beer from Nicaragua (did I just drink a beer named Tonya?) tastes exactly like the kind of beer you have on an exotic vacation at a beachside bar and it's absolutely perfect, and you go in search of when you get back to your boring regular life and you find it and it just doesn't taste the same, so you put it down to oh well maybe it just doesn't travel well, but the reality is, it just wasn't very good to begin with, your brain just associated it with the transcendental time you had on that vacation.

Finger Prince

I really like the Spotify assembled playlists, where it cobbles together stuff from your liked music and related stuff you haven't heard, and the Discover Weekly playlist where it just thows some stuff in a bag and hopes you like it. And you know what? Usually I like it a lot. Of all the AI algoriddims, at least the Spotify robot has a good taste in music.

Finger Prince

had a can of cider with dinner. It was kinda bland, a bit watery. Also 6%. Oops, kinda drunk. (I'm cheap and also drank it fast. I'll be sober in half an hour)

Finger Prince

prepuce repurposed posted:

just cracked open my first One of the weekend. anybody drinking anything weird, fancy or both?

I chased my cider with some empress gin and lime juice and water. Fancy and basic all in one glass.

Finger Prince

Imagine being a kindergarten teacher and not drinking at 8am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

im freaking the heck out posted:

Trashed and I ordered tacos
The tacos never showed up. The dude delivered them to another person. A sad day for the empire my orbs.

Taco truck was closed so I got beer instead.

Lunchtime ones are some of the best ones.