Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller

more falafel please posted:

calming down after getting frustrated with a boss fight in a game I'm playing on "give me a story" difficulty. i eventually finished it but after probably 30 attempts at least

Hades?

#1 chill flight simulator lately is Feather

No goals other than fly around, have fun, and explore. There's hidden gates you can fly through and become a different bird, and easy to spot gates that change the chill soundtrack. It's multiplayer too, where other players will just show up in game with you, flying around. Only way of communicating is with the chirp/squawk/other birb sound button.

Very nice fun times.

A+ can be a crow with real smooth and intuitive controls.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

Is the BYOB spaceship still floating around the forums? I got onboard when they stopped in TFR, and did a real low effort LP when the ship floated through LP. After that, I kind of drifted away. The folks in there seemed nice. Is BYOB the place for me?

Also, it appears I'm still the most determined, slowest learning, but havin' the most fun Hades player around.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Chillin' Yup!
postin ? uhhhhhh... makes me a bit nervous sometimes.
But I like the kitty up top, so I'll hang around and see if I like it 'round here

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

prepuce repurposed posted:

there are no consequences for posting w/ us besides possibly succumbing 2 extraneous peer pressure, or as I call it, beer pressure. Hail and well met traveller

:cheerdoge:

well then, cheers!
I had an ironic setback a couple years ago: diagnosed with celiac. no more beers for me :smith:
But things really started turning around when the local Costco started carrying home brew wine kits

up late and trashed last night, I made a LP of a chill game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHS3FcTYLFg

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 25, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

get trashed with me: I'm currently ingesting about 250mg of reclaim in a capsule, see you in space cowboy

Uggggghhg, I cringe to think what your burps will taste like
but, uh yeah, buckle up.
I have a problem with poor intestinal absorption, and I get delayed emptying of stomache contents. All this conspires to drastically delay onset of effects with edibles. I've had where I took a couple mL of oil, and didn't feel anything that night, but about 15 hours later, the middle of the morning the next day, surprise! legless out of nowhere.
Got that government retailed battery powered extract vape now.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

I only have 60% liver function and a high tolerance so I'm gonna be in space for at least the next 24 hours.

Whatcha vaping? I've got some Tangie dabs for after I get done eating lunch/dinner. Dunch? Dunch.

Back40 super lemon haze, and forbidden fruit carts. They seem to be at the sweet spot of functional, tasty, high concentration, haven't had one leak yet (unlike a bunch of other brands), and are at one of the lower price points as far as extract carts go.
They also have plastic tips, not tooth destroying metal (looking at you pura vida).

rear end-penny posted:

Oh wow! Thanks for posting this. The underground area looks like it will be super fun to explore. and the "rewind" when you get cornered was wild.

Have a good time, KR, I have work here in a bit so it will be 8 or so hours before I can join you in a state of proper trashedness.
You're welcome. Glad someone got something out of it. Yeah, the game is a lot more fun than I would have expected of a game with no goals or fail condition. I read something from the devs on steam with instructions for setting up private sessions, so you can be sure your friends are the people dropping in, but it takes some setting up. might be something to look at, if people want to fly around together

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 25, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Cheers

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I never day drink unless I'm on vacation, when I enjoy a nice drink every now and then. When I vacation in the US my preferred breakfast is eggs benedict and Irish coffee. Really sets the day off right.

Anyone else have any day drinking traditions?

If I woke up in a tent, I'm cracking a tin with my coffee. used to be beers, changed up to ciders now.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

I woke up without alarm at a human time this morning!@ yessssss. Goal met. wake+bake reward

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

RickRogers posted:

Bringen in Christmas early and getting lughtly trashed on a mulled wine

This brings back memories.
I'd been lucky enough to find myself in one of a handful of slots for a new foreign exchange program at my college. First time i'd ever been to Holland. First time ever meeting the mother of my new girlfriend (who was back at home in Canada). My future mother in law near immediately took me on a road trip just across the border into Germany to buy glühwein.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Shoutout to the hosts of Lions Led By Donkeys, Well now there's your problem, and What a hell of a way to die. Vets referencing gopniks and hardbass. I found myself asking what is this music?

flash forward to this morning afternoon? poo poo..... And I've got this on the screen, and my man-depression-cave / 5th wheel trailer is just bouncin'

hells yeah.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

:cheers:
I just discovered you can hide links to youtubes inside smilies

rear end-penny posted:

I didn't know that either. That is a very cool mouse pad. I'm glad LAB and Teagan and others are back.

:same:

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 28, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

RickRogers posted:

What do they feed the non "vegetarian fed" chockens??

:aaaaa:

I got a Kölsch Beer and I like it and it likes me
I'm no chicken pro, but family friends have had laying hens for ever. Their ladies are babied like house pets, and they eat a lot of bugs.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

BYOBubblebath and pinot grigio

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

owlhawk911 posted:

i'm the heroic self-confidence/comfort level/general aesthetic

in my dreams

that's kind of you to say, thanks. I just like to chill in a bubble bath, and this place makes me feel comfortable.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

owlhawk911 posted:

i saw that specialized tablet-holder tub posting arm. freakin next level. embrace your power

I picked that stand up for reading in bed, and it's been a game changer. my neck is much happier, and I can watch a show, or shitpost from the tub too.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

Look at this motherfucker braggin about owning renting a bathtub

This post is so good
:cheers:

Pahilla the Hun posted:

this needs to be in the op

what say ye, TC?

:justpost:

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

Post your movie recs, I'm about to bounce drum work in 3 hours and I'mma need some entertainment

Into the spiderverse
great :trashed: movie choice in our household is Fear&Loathing in Las Vegas

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 30, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

I wonder if I can fedex whiskey bc I'm not leaving my bubble even to drop off whiskey

If you're considering that, just use the postal service to send it to me, and I'll smash it up for you. save a coupple :10bux:

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Drinkin white wine spritzers out of a pint mug, listening to a podcast about money laundering investigations. Got my little xmas tree and trashin santas set up in my man cave.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Dec 2, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Link the pod. I love poo poo like that
"WTF is TVsVeryOwn talking about? Pod?"................"Oh, poo poo duh"
https://www.thedarkmoneyfiles.com/
I'm really curious about how this stuff works, and fantasize about having enough money to take advantage of shell companies / trusts / other money laundering type stuff.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

How are we supposed 2 unite as a nation if we can't burn our rum :shepicide:

:canada: we still have this stuff https://www.bcliquorstores.com/product/61754

TVsVeryOwn posted:

On the note of podcasts: Google's app is pretty good as podcatchers go IME
True, I use it myself. Was a little disappointed to have to switch out of using google play music, but YT music / google podcast app is working alright now.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

If I'm getting rum, I strongly prefer this

Or really any Flor de Caña rum. I'm not picky, but the pictured stuff is tasty and smooth.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I like to lights shows. Should I try to do a VJ stream? All song requests?

sounds fun. might be a little late to get started now, but don't let me stop you

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Mr. Toad,
were you the person who was making glitch art avatars in GBS a while back?

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

wow, I'm horrible at remembering posters, but I could see a similarity between the video you posted, and your work on the avs. Nice one. I really dig what you do.

And in other :trashed: news, I sobered up long enough to drive to and from therapy today! to celebrate, I picked up a variety of bud, carts, and oral sprays.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

:allears: well? Tell us about your weed haul already.

well, I was going to, but I got high and distracted by BYOBmovies, and stringing more xmas lights.
A couple sprays, one from RIFF, and one from Solei for my wife.
for myself, some MK Ultra and Pure Sun CBD(hybrid) bud, a Re-up "hops and spice" cart, a Phyto extractions "blueberry" cart, a Daily Special "Super sour diesel" cart, and a Daily Special "OG Kush" cart.

I've had good success with the daily special and phyto extractions carts, and am trying the Re-up one for the first time. I think I found a winner.
So far, the Back 40 branded ones were at the sweet spot of dependability at one of the lower price points.
Re-up is working well with the batteries I have, and the 1g cart beats the Back40 by five bux / half gram.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

3 ingredient cocktail:

1 shot of vodka (whatever kind you got. I'm drinking cucumber stoli)
1 squeeze lime, or lemon, or a dash of lime coridial
remainder of space in glass with sparkling water

All you need. Tastes good without a pile of sugar or other adjuvants.

D&D talk: I was always interested in playing, but any of my friends who played when I was younger were understandably hesitant to include me in their game (too weird and too arrogant for the D&D crowd). Then I grew a big pile of anxiety.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

It could also have a lot to do with luck of the draw. I went to a small school in a small rural town. There weren't many people into D&D to begin with, never mind how few of my friends were. Same with comic books. Didn't have a shop where I lived, and I guess when I was really young, you could get them at the grocery or drug store. But only maybe one of my friends really got into them, so I didn't really start reading comics until my mid 30's when I discovered you could buy books online, and read on a tablet.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

double postin' to say
Uploading some holiday music videos featuring the trashin' Santas and Too Many Zooz

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

AAAAWwwwwwwe YEAH! It's that time of year.
The trashin' Santas are firing it up again

They got into the weed

One of them started hovering

He convinced his buddies to hoist him over to the tree and get down to really trashin'

Now the little dudes are just blasting Christmas music

https://youtu.be/tJgCupz5cgQ
https://youtu.be/68oetnrbWHY
https://youtu.be/RV8GQ-1KZtI

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 4, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Barking Gecko posted:

I took the afternoon off after my PT appointment, so I'm getting an early start on my birthday trashing. :trashed:
Also :geoduck: and :nudesnail: because why not?

yeeehaw!
Not sure what :geoduck: and :nudesnail: are in reference to, but I know a geoduck song by national treasure Fred Penner (I don't know why, but it's pronounced "gooey duck" around here, where they're harvested.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JjhZfJ4dto

This song was the soundtrack to the most emotional concert experience I've ever had. I grew up watching Fred on the CBC, had a few of his tapes, and his was the first live performance I can remember going to at 4yo. Flash forward to a couple winters ago, and I had the chance to bring my little girl to see him perform in our home town! For an encore, he asked for requests. A lady around my age in the front row jumped up with her hand in the air, and shouted "Gooey duck song!" Fred asked her if she knew the words, and sure enough, she was up on stage, singing right along the whole way through. The look of absolute joy on her face was infectious, my daughter was totally captivated, and I was sitting there with tears running down my face.
Fantastic evening.

extra edit: thanks, a random smilie sent me off on a tangent, resulting in actually feeling a bit happier, with a brightened mood! This song helped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9_howSww2I

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 5, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

I'm 39 and trashed bithc :biotruths:

:same:

TV, around?

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Yo TV, I made you a winter sig without asking. Would you like to see my low skill attempts?

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

TVsVeryOwn posted:

just fuckin send'er
X-postin from sig thread

B33rChiller posted:

Right on. I don't know how to make or edit gifs or photoshop stuff. But I can make a text box in paint, use the browser, some flashing led string lights, a little xmas tree, and the gif maker on my phone's video player.
This is what I've made so far. If anyone else can do resizing if necessary, that would be a big help. Or if you want to use what I've made so far to make something else, go for it.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

more falafel please posted:

some mighty fine work
That's some powerful artwork. Both the woodworking and the fill pieces. Thanks for sharing. I fell in love with the birds, and split my gut laughing at the dentata piece.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

very cool. thanks

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Delicious stuff. Don't get the export stuff that is for sale in north america. That's the thin, runny version. The authentic stuff is thick thick thick. You eat it with a spoon out of a small cup or bowl. Like a super boozy eggnog pudding or custard.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Is there any way to avoid impurities? Like should I boil the cider first?

yeah, but be sure to condense and collect the vapors. You will also want to discard the first ~1/3 of the condensate (that will hold most of your methanol)

Dr. Honked posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Isn't this the stuff they used to make all those ridiculous 50's cocktails with? Like the alcohol equivalent of those 50's meat gelatin dishes?

Yeah, but it was usually with the runny export version, not the smooth as vla Dutch domestic stuff.

Dr. Honked posted: