Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Gonna keep track of past, present and hopefully future BYOB subforum titles and mouse-over texts ITT, also open for suggestions of new ones and fun ideas!

Subtitles
  • BYOB XP
  • BYOB Enhanced
  • BYOB 8.2: I thought this was the chill forum
  • BYOB 8.2: hell in pastel
  • BYOB 8.2: let the forum eat you
  • BYOB: The Good, Clean, Funnies List
  • BYOB: close all windows and prepre to clam
  • BYOB; a no-kill shelter for battered posters
  • BYOB: The Kingdom of (B/D)ad Jokes
  • BYOB: An Island of Chill in a Sea of Madness
  • BYOB: The more you chill, the better you feel
  • BYOB: This is insane and very wonderful
  • BYOB: Bury Your Own Body
  • Bows, Yule, Orbnaments, Bells
  • Begin, Year Of Butts
  • BYOB: Boxtrot Yuniform Orlie Bilo
  • BYOB: Rolling With The Lunches
  • BYB: We had to remove the O because it was haunted
  • BYOB: No longer haunted
  • Happy Holidays From BYOB!
  • BYOB: It's 2022 Time to Get Out of the Christmas Decoration
  • BYOB: hey other forums how are you
  • welcome to byob: a gentle muddle
  • BYOB: CHILLING SPREE
  • BYOB: An Inside YOB
  • BOOYOB: Is a skeleton a ghost?

Mouse-Over text
  • No whining.
  • No whining, no drama.
  • You all loving suck. You're all acutely aware of that already but check it out: you're all personality-free losers who couldn't generate original content or even make a single decent post to save your pathetic lives. BYOB owns, but this embarrassing
  • my center has always been right in the middle of crazy loud aggressive music, mad downhill rides on a skateboard with no protectors, getting drunk and still having complex logical conversations...you know, I'm not one for chilling, extreme is my thin
  • love deflecting intense personal feelings of inadequacy via being a sarcastic clown like chandler, care about insignificant bullshit
  • One Time I did so much cocaine I had to run around my house, dont ask me why, I was racing my dog. And I won, if that means anything.
  • oh, it's on now, bud *rolls up sleeves* I'm gonna make you feel SO MUCH BETTER about yourself
  • sometimes you just make a post, without reading. just to remember what it feels like. posting
  • a coworker overhears me straining in the toilet stall and i have to reassure him it's fine, im just posting in here
  • The sweet feet, neat Pete, bouncy bungus zone. This is where all akinds of stuff happens, posts, quoting posts, editing posts, replying to posts, getting your posts replied to. There is no greater variety than this, dog, fam, homie, friend, pal, dude,
  • ‘Villains!' I shrieked. 'Dissemble no more! I admit the deed! Tear up the planks! Here, here! It is the beating of his hideous heart! oh hey it’s my Bop-It how did that get under here lol
  • one time i got a chicken quesadilla at taco bell and they ran out of normal cheese so they subbed in the melted nacho cheese and it was so delicious but i've been too embarrassed to order it like that again on purpose.i think about that quesadilla o
  • The car chase scene in Matrix Reloaded was originally going to feature the newly released Toyota Matrix hatchback, but was cut for being "too loving badass" and reshot using motorbikes.
  • can't believe pikachu's fuckin dead, rip to a real one
  • No dude I just came up here to get high and eat a sandwich
  • One time i was hiking and a bunch of butterflies who were grouped up on the ground in front of me dispersed in a beautiful cloud, it was magical, then i looked at what they were all gathered on and it was a poop
  • Much Like Your Ghosting
  • We Got You Socks But It's Cool You Needed Socks
  • this owns. just needs a fanny pack full of molly
  • lego is continuing their assault on people like me by releasing an expensive back to the future delorean and i am steaming mad about it because it should be free and in my hands right now thank you very much
  • bubba gubba borba lindtsen joober flambin' trink brank gornky
  • i remember being aghast that all of my ideas were considered too silly for the zybourne clock
  • i hope heaven got room for a player like me i say as i buy enough doritos to kill 3 elephants
  • we are still looking!

If you happen to have any records of old mouse-over and subtitles, I'm happy to add them here so we have an archive of all the cool things we named our forum after, and somehow we cannot remember because the current one has been in place for so long :sun:
Feel free to suggest or talk about or quote or emptyquote new subtitles or texts! We'd like to have some variety here from time to time, as it is very important how the grey forums see us :devil:

New research has shown that forum titles are set to a maximum of 32 characters and mouse-over texts are limited to 250 characters.
__________________________________________________________________________________
BANNER ADS
In the past, we occasionally had banner ads rotating ads we made together for BYOB, linking directly to our lovely forum! In order to avoid having them lost in history, I collected them and want to archive them here, so we have a nice museum of ads - and of course can re-use them again to lure people into BYOB again!

vv

Here are the threads I took these from for archiving purposes, if you happen to find even more threads and banner ads, tell me and I'll add it here!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888163
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944960
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913434

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
GSJG and fluffie should know some of them. Beer Pal is also of the old guard iirc

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
big rear end, big ol rear end etc.

can't remember the exact words...

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"BYOB- a no-kill shelter for battered posters" was one for awhile (I came up with it after watching a Sarah McLachlan video lol)

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Luvcow posted:

big rear end, big ol rear end etc.

can't remember the exact words...

yeah big dick daddy's dongarium or w/e would be good as a mouseover or subtitle or what have you

E:

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

"BYOB- a no-kill shelter for battered posters" was one for awhile (I came up with it after watching a Sarah McLachlan video lol)
lol

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Goons Are Gifts

lol I remember that one even
Also there was a dongarium time, not sure if title or mouse-over and not sure what the exact wording was, it seems to difficult to remember what we had back then

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

:boom:

Areola Grande

this didn't get enough time in the spotlight imo

alnilam

BYOB 8.2: I thought this was the chill forum

ty manifisto

Areola Grande

alnilam posted:

BYOB 8.2: I thought this was the chill forum

I remember this one. Back then BYOB was actually pretty unchill at times

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Unchill? In MY byob?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Areola Grande

There were unchill yobbers here and there. I think DCT found it amusing or smth and didn't filter them out very often

FluffieDuckie

“Byob: close all windows and prepare to clam”

No, I don’t know what it means. I only remember because Wd-40s quilt block had it on there.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Areola Grande

FluffieDuckie posted:

No, I don’t know what it means. I only remember because Wd-40s quilt block had it on there.

clam baking is a stoner term for smoking we'd in a car with the windows rolled up. It's thought by teens that this somehow makes u higher via deprivation of fresh air

:eng101:

Areola Grande

if u had had a childhood you know this but you were born in BYOB afaik

alnilam

I think it was "prepre to clam" [sic] it was from some online stoner guide

Areola Grande

alnilam posted:

I think it was "prepre to clam" [sic] it was from some online stoner guide

omg I remember this. there was a lot of good info in that guide lol. it would be cool to see that again

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Manifisto

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3704651&pagenumber=1

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

lol

Areola Grande

emptyquoting this times 1000. the getting hosed up bible lol

Areola Grande

thinking about having Google read it to me aloud or smth

Areola Grande

I hate it when the joints canue like crazy

Areola Grande

lol

Goons Are Gifts

lmao

added all of those above, keep it going, we can travel into the past together!!

Stooge

FluffieDuckie posted:

Was there a BYOB quilt??

Areola Grande

Stooge posted:

Was there a BYOB quilt??

yes. Fluffie made it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Stooge posted:

Was there a BYOB quilt??

nut

I always thought the banner ad we had that was like “hot singles in your area” was ripe to be made into a title like

Stooge

This is absolutely incredible.

more falafel please

forums poster

I think I read that file off a bbs archive in my misspent youth

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Goons Are Gifts

in it, voted 5

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Goons Are Great posted:

in it, voted 5

same, but only because blaise asked me if i wanted to share a square and its my old av and i was so new here it felt strange

thank you blaise

Slumpy
2008 subtext: No Whining

2009 Subtext: No whining, no drama

2010-2013 No Subtext/Byob removed: The dark ages, BYOB was periodically gone and I don't feel like trying to find when it pops back up and what it said >: ]

2014: You all loving suck. You're all acutely aware of that already but check it out: you're all personality-free losers who couldn't generate original content or even make a single decent post to save your pathetic lives. BYOB owns, but this embarrassing

2014 pt2: my center has always been right in the middle of crazy loud aggressive music, mad downhill rides on a skateboard with no protectors, getting drunk and still having complex logical conversations...you know, I'm not one for chilling, extreme is my thin

2015: same subtext as above but the forum was called BYOB 8.2: let the forum eat you

Late 2015: love deflecting intense personal feelings of inadequacy via being a sarcastic clown like chandler, care about insignificant bullshit minutia like ross

slumpy

Slumpy
byob was a pretty tough place back in the day..

slumpy

Areola Grande

thank u slumpy.

Let the Forum Eat You is the earliest one I remember actually posting in. the bad old days lol

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

i was so new here it felt strange

yeah I don't think I had even made enough posts to qualify, I lurked a lot in those days

but the quilt is amazing

ty nesamdoom!

Slumpy
the last of old byob that i really remember is winnie making fun of me (we are pals now) and during Goon Love Is The Best Love where Gene and Jocelyn went on a date

slumpy

Goons Are Gifts

woah amazing slumpy, thank you so much
I remember the hell in pastel one, drat that was a bad time back then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Slumpy posted:

2014: You all loving suck. You're all acutely aware of that already but check it out: you're all personality-free losers who couldn't generate original content or even make a single decent post to save your pathetic lives. BYOB owns, but this embarrassing

lmao