Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

hmmm that tone, that wording

i wonder who could have typed those words

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumpy
i kinda miss old byob tbqfh but chill byob is good too

slumpy

Goons Are Gifts

Gonna make a mean thread and insult all of you dirty little FUCKERS that I love way too much to be mean to actually

Goons Are Gifts

Our current mouse-over was posted by bopeps in the chat thread iirc, about a year ago, too, around last sheep & wool festival obviously
Happy to get a new one in, there are so many good posts we can go for here

like here's my pitch:
butts lmao that lmao isn't part of the text it is me finding butts inherently loving funny

Areola Grande

Slumpy posted:

i kinda miss old byob tbqfh but chill byob is good too

yeah there was a certain risky edge to posting culture in 2015 when I started but I have to say the yob is more chill now than it has ever been afaik

Slumpy

prepuce repurposed posted:

yeah there was a certain risky edge to posting culture in 2015 when I started but I have to say the yob is more chill now than it has ever been afaik

I was a baby teen when I actually first started posting in byob, I ended up in some byob AIM chat and they ripped me to shreds and im a better person because of it honestly

slumpy

nut

not funny jokes that got me owned in the past are now met with someone posting something funny and saving the thread today and I think that’s p unprecedented on SA or really the internet

Areola Grande

nut posted:

not funny jokes that got me owned in the past are now met with someone posting something funny and saving the thread today and I think that’s p unprecedented on SA or really the internet

:yossame:

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
BYOB: Yob!

nut

bring your own BYOB (or we can share mine)

Stooge

Goons Are Great posted:

Gonna make a mean thread and insult all of you dirty little FUCKERS that I love way too much to be mean to actually

goons are great??? more like... goons are BAD

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
you gotta find a way to get this classic from the yob thread into the hover text somehow

Luvcow posted:

george: i think i can sum up the thread for you in one word. nothing...

jerry: nothing?

george: nothing...

jerry: right...

george: everybody's posting something, we'll post nothing.

jerry: so, we make a thread and we make it about nothing...

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
I don't remember what it was before my hiatus. 07-11 era. Wasn't BYOB deleted at one point?

Slumpy

Evil Bob posted:

I don't remember what it was before my hiatus. 07-11 era. Wasn't BYOB deleted at one point?

2010-2013

slumpy

Areola Grande

why was it deleted

Evil Bob

Slumpy posted:

2010-2013

RIP

Evil Bob

If i had the archives upgrade could I see all of my lovely posts from over the years?

Stooge

why was it deleted

my guess is that is was too chill (or not chill enough)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

why was it deleted

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1809

Posted by -Troika- on July 4, 2012
BYOB was kind of a proto-lovedump, where people were supposed to go and be nice to each other. In practice it filled up with drama, dick-sucking, and terrible posts faster than you can say "gas thread ban OP". Because it was essentially a FYAD-lite it was very lightly moderated, and that, combined with it being punishable to be mean to people, meant that really terrible posters could grow unmolested, like black mold behind your walls.

Eventually more and more of them started spilling out into other forums, annoying the gently caress out of everybody, and after a while of this, the forum was closed and tossed into the gas chamber. Good loving riddance.

Posted by Einsteins Kegels on September 18, 2012
^Somebody is mad they never got a Matt Damon shoutout^^

Posted by TINA TURNER on December 17, 2013
Legends say that BYOB 2.1 exists

Posted by Mortabis on March 4, 2014
As of ~1:30PM EST, 3/4/2014 BYOB is apparently back

Posted by Illegal Carrot on March 4, 2014
Remember BYOB? It's back, in pog form.

Evil Bob

Luvcow posted:

BYOB was kind of a proto-lovedump, where people were supposed to go and be nice to each other. In practice it filled up with drama, dick-sucking, and terrible posts faster than you can say "gas thread ban OP". Because it was essentially a FYAD-lite it was very lightly moderated, and that, combined with it being punishable to be mean to people, meant that really terrible posters could grow unmolested, like black mold behind your walls.

Eventually more and more of them started spilling out into other forums, annoying the gently caress out of everybody, and after a while of this, the forum was closed and tossed into the gas chamber. Good loving riddance.

Posted by Einsteins Kegels on September 18, 2012
^Somebody is mad they never got a Matt Damon shoutout^^

Posted by TINA TURNER on December 17, 2013
Legends say that BYOB 2.1 exists

Posted by Mortabis on March 4, 2014
As of ~1:30PM EST, 3/4/2014 BYOB is apparently back

Posted by Illegal Carrot on March 4, 2014
Remember BYOB? It's back, in pog form.

Hahaha yes that sounds about right. Was I one of the terrible posters? I'm sure you will all come to your own verdict, in time.

barnold

proud to post in the Worst Subforum on the Internet™

nut

remember byob? it’s back, in pawg form

Areola Grande

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

proud to post in the Worst Subforum on the Internet™

:same:

Areola Grande

ty luvcow. i feel like 2015 byob still had a handful of those shitheads but probably not as many. now we don't have any!!!

Slumpy

nut posted:

time to make another thread against the rules

slumpy

Areola Grande

Slumpy posted:

post futa this time thx

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

nut posted:

Stooge

Slumpy posted:

:regd13:

barnold

nut posted:

phoneposting and can't nab it but imagine the face im making as being the same as the cat with the anime inflection thing in the bottom right of prepuce's siggy

Prof. Crocodile

I don't know anything about old forum titles, but if you're looking for new ones I want to nominate:

owlhawk911 posted:

sometimes you just make a post, without reading. just to remember what it feels like. posting

nut

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I don't know anything about old forum titles, but if you're looking for new ones I want to nominate:

drat

Goons Are Gifts

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I like this

cda

by Hand Knit

Luvcow posted:

This is not even remotely what happened, it's like some bizarro world version of what happened

cda

by Hand Knit
There was a posting war between Glomp Crew and Pogue Crew. Pogue Crew won because they were funny and smart but they could also be pretty mean and they were not welcoming so the board got smaller and smaller, generating a large number of reports for its size. The mods all came to hate it. The final straw, iirc was when one poster sent nudes to a second poster who shared them with a third poster who posted them on the forum. To be clear almost everyone who posted thought it was hosed up that those pictures were posted, they just didn't want their little slice of the internet to be closed.

It's kind of funny to type that out and see how much the contours match up to what happened more recently with a different forum, and I hope everyone can learn a lesson from the past about the importance of preserving a balance between crews. There are certain tensions and contradictions which generate communities - these tensions are expressed in conflicts, trying to eliminate them instead of recognizing them as foundational and "resolving" them through narrative and ritual leads to problems.

nut

I am a member of the rekking crew and I declare war on trashed crew of which I may also be a member

Stooge

nut posted:

I am a member of the rekking crew and I declare war on trashed crew of which I may also be a member

the "nut hasn't probed me yet" crew declares war on nut because see title

Areola Grande

getting my "nut hasn't probed me yet" chest tattoo the day before I go to prison so they'll know I'm tough beans

Stooge

getting my "nut hasn't probed me yet" chest tattoo the day before I go to prison so they'll know I'm tough beans

better scrub that tattoo off with soap cos nut probed you recently >:^(

nut

I’m not falling for this reverse psychology have u ever thought maybe but didn’t prove u because ur small fry and I’m only about the...big fry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stooge

ill have u know im a small fry in a small pack of fry