Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

They are a lot more popular than I realized, didn’t expect they’d be headlining the Forest Hills stadium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Polo-Rican posted:

Funny story, I used to own that Flying V. I bought it as a senior in high school and, while it was cool, it mostly gathered dust because it was a pain in the rear end to play (the form factor is surprisingly annoying if you're sitting down). I eventually sold it on commission through Main Drag Music in Brooklyn, and when I visited the store later they told me that King Gizzard was the band who picked it up! Sad to see it busted, but happy that it actually got played by a real band rather than just sitting in my apartment lol

edit: was able to dig up an old pic (from 2008!). Please don't mock my Peavey amp

:eyepop:

That’s awesome!

My first guitar was a Gibson V2, and I liked playing it sitting down because the v fit around my leg well, classical style I guess

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hustle Hound posted:

there was some kinda bizarre ritual in the pit at the nyc show. a bunch of people sat on the floor and pretended to row

I thought this was only an Amon Amarth thing

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

https://kinggizzardandthelizardwizard.com/bootlegger

quote:

Yo indie labels, bootleggers, fans, weirdos. We've got a deal for ya...

If anyone wants to release these albums, you’re free to do so. Below you’ll find links to audio master files and cover art. Feel free to get creative with it if you like - it’s yours.

Only deal is you’ve gotta send us some of them to sell on GIZZVERSE.COM - whatever you feel is a fair trade is cool with us.

Ideas: double LPs, 7”, remix, reimagined cover art, bizarre looking wax, live show box sets, tapes. Or keep it simple - that’s totally ok.

Anyone keen?!

So you can just freely press and sell bootlegs of this stuff as long as you send them some? drat that’s crazy. Are there tons of vinyl bootlegs already out there? You could pick an especially good track and get a bunch of lathe cuts made.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Brock Samson posted:

It's like the music is designed to give you a bad trip.

You’re starting to sell me on them

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is there a king gizzard song that sounds like dragonaut?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Automata 10 Pack posted:

And Sleep.

And when I mean influences, well… what does this song sound like?

https://youtu.be/WdtATSsw4HQ

Finally checked out the whole album and you are very right! Sounds like Al’s vocals for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Im trying to get friends to see the forest hills show with me but $85 is a tough sell for people barely familiar with them.

Fake edit- oh poo poo floor tickets are already gone

Real edit- maybe not sold out but not available now, there’s still regular seats available though

Snowy fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 13, 2023