Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Do any of you camp solo?

Almost exclusively. I fly fish.

all day.

then I drink really good whisky and hot cocoa and fall asleep.

it’s glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

What Elmnt said. It’s a puzzle to solve. Also, if you catch a fish on a fly that you tied it feels like this:

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Friends, there’s an app called Knots 3D on the App Store (if you have an Android device maybe think about your life choices idunno). I’m not sure what it costs because I bought it 100 years ago, but it’s well worth the price. It’ll show you a whole heap of animated knots — and some background on them, as well as the ABOK ID — that you can practice at your desk with the cordage and carabiner you keep there.