Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
I've been spending a lot of time outside. I've been taking my kids on bike rides and out in my garden.

My garden has a great golden digger wasp living there. She's so drat cool. Imagine a regular old wasp, but scale her up 30% and give her bright orangey colours on her legs and abdomen. She's dug half a dozen holes near my shed, and she's gonna go find a bug, paralyze it, then put it in one of those holes, lay her eggs, then fill it in. She looks a bit scary, but she's not aggressive.

While biking I've been keeping an eye out for edible wild stuff. This time of year there are tons of mulberries, wild carrots, and sumac everywhere. I see tons of raspberries and wild grapes that aren't ripe yet. (I'll pick the raspberries when they are ready but I'm not quite so confident in picking wild grapes because I don't want to gently caress up and poison myself with the wrong small round fruit.) Yesterday though? I skidded to a stop and doubled back because I was pretty sure I saw a patch of garlic growing next to the bike path. And sure enough, there it was. A bunch of garlic about to flower. How'd it get there? I dunno.

My kids and I also saw a mink down by lake Ontario. It caught a fish while we watched. :3:

Outside is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU