Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
that and they always want to bust out the instruments around the campfire at midnight after drinking and you need to get up early the next morning to start hiking

Sab669 posted:

Do any of you camp solo? What do you do for entertainment? I don't really have any "outdoorsy" friends, but I've been wanting to do more backpacking / primitive camping this year. But camping alone is depressingly boring :(

I did my first solo backpacking trip earlier this year, surprisingly wasn't really an issue with loneliness or boredom, even going to bed at night alone in the middle of the wilderness. Spending all afternoon reading on my second day wasn't quite as good as advertised though because it was super windy and the lake I was at had no fish anyways so I didn't have a ton of entertainment options (also had torn up my heels so doing some exploring wasn't as inciting)

I dunno if I"d roll up to car camp by myself, maybe if it was someplace with great dayhiking nearby, but I'd probably rather plan a backpacking trip even if it was a short hike in to camp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU