Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Someone else's :haw: Canoes, kayaks, rafts, skiffs, lake boats, tugs, pontoons. Who's got a boat I can borrow this weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The big secret of letting someone borrow your boat is saying there's some dumb annoying thing that needs to be fixed before it can go out and having the borrower fix it. Plus you get their leftover gas because they never know how much to put in! :haw:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I am very happy with the aluminium dinghy I bought for a couple of hundred bucks. I've never used it and every time I think about buying another boat I think about it and don't. It has saved me thousands!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Human powered boats rule. If that's a bit of a pain in the arse all the time get a canoe that can support a side mount transom and get an electric trolling motor for it.

Otherwise rent something.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
The one youre on, OP.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Sternwheeler riverboats obviously OP

It's got be a real wheel though. I see a loving prop wheel I'm out. Whenever they have riverboats in movies they always do ones with prop wheels and expect us not to notice

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I used to poo poo on pontoon boats, cause they are ugly, slow and boring but now that I'm old they are they poo poo cause I just want to put around the lake with a bunch of people.

When I used to live by the water I always like the mid sized day cruiser style of boats. there's a company in portland maine that made these sick aluminum ones that were perfect for island hopping.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
the love boat

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Pontoon boats are the segway of the lake, so goobery. Except that

2 penny bottle imp posted:

The one youre on, OP.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
The kind you play Steve Winwood on.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Yeah I've come around on pontoon boats too. I always viewed them as the quintessential fat midwestern family boat, which is pretty much 100% true. But now that I'm the fat midwestern family, it sounds fully sick to putter around the lake being lazy. Best in its class for spending a day on the lake getting unreasonably drunk and going swimming.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
The best ship is friendship.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

This boat seems pretty good, it's got two sheds

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

monsterzero posted:

This boat seems pretty good, it's got two sheds

That's called a watershed.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

LastGoodBoy posted:

The best ship is friendship.

Ships and boats are totally different! Get this schmuck out of the boat thread!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Ships and boats are totally different! Get this schmuck out of the boat thread!

The best boat is friendboat.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

LastGoodBoy posted:

Pretty sure you can love your friends, making a love boat superior

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

It depends on what you want to do with your boat, ignoring lowest common denominators like crossing water without sinking. Fishing? Leisure? Exercise? Using available credit in uncertain times to convince ladies you have way more money than you actually do?

I own and have access to a few boats because my father is a limited man who was only able to bond with me through extermination of sea life so if anyone has questions about boating locally in the PA/Chesapeake/Delaware areas I'm happy to provide flawed answers.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

LastGoodBoy posted:

How about a motorboat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Weka posted:

I am very happy with the aluminium dinghy I bought for a couple of hundred bucks. I've never used it and every time I think about buying another boat I think about it and don't. It has saved me thousands!

Still too expensive

https://hvartial.kapsi.fi/