Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oakland Martini
Feb 14, 2008
Refugee from the great account hijacking of 2008
Someone in the reboot thread requested a photo thread, and since I've just finished redoing the travel photo section of my website I thought I'd take the initiative and start one.

The purpose of this thread is simple: share awesome photos you've taken of the outdoors! Mountains, forests, cool animals... all fair game! I'll kick things off with some of my favorites:

Sgòr Gaoith, Cairngorms National Park, Scotland

Poison dart frog, Cuyabeno Wildlife Preserve, Ecuador

Cuyabeno Wildlife Preserve at dusk, Ecuador

Cerro FitzRoy, El Chalten, Argentina

Nahuel Huapi National Park, Argentina

Spectral Tarsier, Tangkoko National Park, Indonesia

Los Frailes Bay, Baja California, Mexico

Picos de Europa National Park, Spain

Neist Point lighthouse, Isle of Skye, Scotland

Grinnell glacier, Glacier National Park, MT

Wind River mountains near Pinedale, WY

Prince Edward Island National Park

Puffin, Westfjords, Iceland
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/J4YJ7tN.[b]jpg[/timg]

Fundy National Park, New Brunswick

Oakland Martini fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oakland Martini
Feb 14, 2008
Great to see this pick up so quickly! Thanks to all who have participated already. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going.

Oakland Martini
Feb 14, 2008

Aphex- posted:

I've taken a fair amount of photos over the years so I've fished out a (rather large, sorry) collection!

These are tremendous! What kind of camera/lens setup are you using?

Oakland Martini
Feb 14, 2008
New pictures from the Canadian rockies!

Spray lakes from below the Windtower

Pika near Grassi lakes

Helen Lake, Banff NP

Oakland Martini
Feb 14, 2008
[Cross-post from hiking thread]

My partner and I got super sick of being cooped up in my apartment in Toronto this summer, so last month we packed up my car and drove to the Rockies to get a change of scenery. We ended up spending four weeks along the AB and BC border, hiking every other day or so. We capped the trip off with a backpacking trip along the Rockwall in Kootenay NP, which was incredible. If I had to pick a single highlight, though, I would definitely choose the Abbott Ridge trail in Glacier NP (of Canada!). It blew everything else away---Banff, Yoho, Kananaskis country, even the Rockwall. I got a ton of great photos from everywhere, though, and I thought I'd share:

Abbott Ridge, Glacier NP

Rockwall, Kootenay NP

Yoho NP

Kananaskis

Banff NP