Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I live in Okinawa right now, and it's kinda pretty. I have a couple of fairly regular 1-2 hour walks I like to do, which frequently devolve into just wandering along the shore tidepooling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Withnail posted:

some crested butte from a few weeks ago

hey

nice butte

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oooh, did you happen to make it to Frogner park? My favorite Oslo memory was walking around all of the Vigeland statues late one night when it was foggy out. It was simultaneously one of the creepiest and one of the most beautiful artistic experience I've ever had. I was alone, a long way from home, and just sort of wandering around this silent white fog with creepy piles of people occasionally looming out at me.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Now that the wife and I are double-vaxxed we decided to take the ferry over to Kumejima for a very covid-conscious week at a near-empty resort. Did a bunch of snorkeling, explored some caves, saw some weird trees. Most restaurants didn't have outside dining so we mostly just ate konbini food and drank a bunch of wine in our room at night. It was fantastic.

Just a beautiful trip. I started it feeling like this:

But by the end of it I was feeling like this:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Safety Dance posted:

Looks like gorgeous weather! How are the mosquitos?

They're doing well, all things considered. Cynthia has a new boyfriend that her parents aren't fond of, but it's more simmering resentment than overt drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm in a temporary house in rural Australia, and my daily walk is kinda nice.