Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

A couple pics from Upper Lena Lake in the Olympics. Of course there were beautiful sunny days before and after my visit, but I kinda dig the quieting effect of the low clouds.

SuicidalSmurf fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

Did a sunset hike up Mt. Si

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

its all nice on rice posted:

Oh man! It was so much more hazy when I got to the top of the trail last week. The hike was still nice, though. Great shot!

Thanks! The hike back to the car was a bit spooky, pitch black the last 1.5 miles. Glad I checked my headlamp before I left, very nearly headed out with dead batteries. I think I should stick to sunrise hikes. It was definitely the quietest I've ever seen the trail, though. There was a group of 3 headed up as I was coming down, and passed one couple and their dog heading down as well.

Crosspost from the Dorkroom. Overnighted Rialto Beach/Hole in the Wall. Beautiful sunny day in the low 60s, pissed rain overnight, another sunny day to hike out yesterday.

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

Went and did an overnight last Sunday/Monday at Flapjack Lakes. Escaped the heat a little bit, was in the low 90s, but UV was punishing. Not my best photos, pretty harsh light but the scenery is pretty inspiring. Oh, and my plan of spending the whole day in the lake was foiled pretty quickly. Apparently even 90 degree heat doesn't take the edge off snow melt, I lasted about 2 minutes before my hands and feet were aching with the cold.

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

Preparing for Rainier next month, did a hike up Mt. Ellinor from Big Creek campground for the first time. Adds on to what is usually a pretty short and sweet hike in distance and another 1500 feet of climbing. Bit socked in at the top but the flowers were in great shape.

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

Misty morning yesterday on Mount Rose - Staircase.

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

Goat Rocks continues to be one of my favorite backpacking trips ever, second only or maybe tied with the Washington coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

I was looking for advice on a nice loop hike and ended up doing a loop around Glacier Peak. I cannot fathom how we have so much beauty in WA.