Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

The Aardvark posted:

Every January I like to overnight on Rabbit Peak or Villager Peak, which are on the southern end of the Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains National Monument, just west of Salton Sea.

These are from going to Villager in 2019.

I love this area, we usually spend a good bit of time winter camping in and around ABDSP. We’ve done a Smoketree and a few of the wash trails but never made the full climb.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

The Rat posted:

Some bighorns, first time I've seen them in the wild. Only other time I've seen them is right off the road, causing tourist traffic jams.

Extremely blessed.
What focal length did you shoot at/how close were you able to get?

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

The Aardvark posted:

Went out to Bighorn Canyon at Anza Borrego Desert State Park with some goons last weekend

This looks real nice. I think we are going to try and get one more desert weekend in before the season runs out. Temps were manageable?