Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Willfrey posted:

Remember when the Forest Service used to maintain their trails? Guess if you want to preserve the forest you got to keep people from enjoying it.

Probably more that they don't have the money and man power to do as much as they used to.
I grew up right near there but we never went to the Bitterroots much that I remember...did more of what's Salmon-Challis and Frank Church now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Willfrey posted:

Yeah i probably should have left that part out. I grew up in Lowell and returned to live in the area 6 years ago and it's pretty sucky when you can't get to the places you did as a kid. I just remember being excited to get out the first year I moved back and running into gate, after gate, after gate.

It's kinda crazy, back in the day my dad worked for the forest service and they'd fully staff remote ranger stations and all kinds of poo poo. Now maybe you have one ranger who hangs around there up a bit and all the buildings were converted first to fire fighter lodging/training and now kind of to temp housing for whatever group needs something at the time

re: pics I did a couple night trip in the Hoover Wilderness a couple of weeks ago, I just need to upload some of the pics