Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I can open carry an AR-15 here in WI but I can only carry super weak and small pepper spray. We have the tightest regulations on pepper spray in the country, yet I can open carry any gun I want lol.

Sounds like a market for a pepper spray canister disguised as an AR-15 to avoid alerting your enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

hey uh no particular reason but does the OP need any additions in case you get out to the countryside just before canned sunshine hits 100mi away?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

pmchem posted:

hey uh no particular reason but does the OP need any additions in case you get out to the countryside just before canned sunshine hits 100mi away?

Yes. Don't do that. Instead:

- Stay indoors
- remove any clothing that may have been contaminated with fallout
- clean yourself thoroughly, don't use conditioner
- Have enough packaged food / water on hand to stay put for a few days
- Have a hand crank or battery powered radio at a minimum, and maybe a cell phone charging battery pack if possible

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005
You also want to be aware of how your home/shelter is ventilated and knowing how to quickly close it all off.