Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'll be honest, I kinda asked cyrano if TFR was leaking but apparently not!

The basics of prepping/bug out bags kinda lines up with alot of camping backpacking so it seems like we're as good a fit as any! Welcome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

I mean if a pandemic is spurring the creation of a great outdoors subforum, you just wait for the missiles to start flying. People will be trying to find printouts of the prepper thread!

Fallout the video game --> Fallout the thread

Honestly as someone that lives in hurricane land, having good sources of that kind of knowledge readily accessable is invaluable. And like I said, there is a bunch of crossover with outdoors stuff.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd much rather have a bug out bag thread here in an outdoors forum. If you google anything about bug out bags or prepping it's going to be filled with chuds and half of the talk is about their guns/weapons/protecting against and fighting humans.

I just made a bug out bag a few months ago but I'm definitely not going to unpack that thing. It's a 70L USMC molle pack not completely full. I have a list somewhere of what I put in there. Probably not the best stuff but I just used what I had on hand and didn't buy anything extra I don't think.

I do car things, I can 100% sympathize with having to wade through chud poo poo to find the information you want. I'm cool with this thread being here, it fits and has a bunch of crossover with outdoors gear. It just wasn't a thread I was expecting to see pop up, but thats ok too!

Also, I just remembered my title has a reference to bug out bags in it. :v: