Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I went to pick up some Publix sandwiches for my kids today and when I went to get them out of the order pickup bin, some nice worker had put prepaid stickers on them. I didn't ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

you mean a bagel? because they make those they're called bagels

No a sweet donut just completely crusted in crunchy salt and pepper

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I mean they make sweet bagels you just ask for them you just say you want like, the cinnamon sugar bagel or whatever and if they have toppings you ask for salt and pepper rather than seeds or 'everything' or 'stupid loving garbage that you normally put on there like an idiot moron baby' like your normal order and they just make it that way

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i would like a weed donut please :2bong:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I mean there's usually at least a few people employed specifically right there just... to make bagels. like however you want, right like this isn't...fuckin...rocket...look I gotta calm down here

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

I mean they make sweet bagels you just ask for them you just say you want like, the cinnamon sugar bagel or whatever and if they have toppings you ask for salt and pepper rather than seeds or 'everything' or 'stupid loving garbage that you normally put on there like an idiot moron baby' like your normal order and they just make it that way

How many donuts do you think you could fit on your dong?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

I mean there's usually at least a few people employed specifically right there just... to make bagels. like however you want, right like this isn't...fuckin...rocket...look I gotta calm down here

Bagels and donuts aren’t the same thing. I can put chocolate frosting on a bagel but it’s still not a donut

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'm pretty sure with enough frosting and sprinkles you could fool a good many people with a donut-camouflaged bagel.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Literally A Person posted:

I'm pretty sure with enough frosting and sprinkles you could fool a good many people with a donut-camouflaged bagel.

Like a muffin is just an unfrosted cup cake.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Bagels and donuts aren’t the same thing. I can put chocolate frosting on a bagel but it’s still not a donut

You know how they make donuts? Do ya, pal? Do you? They put em in oil. Hot oil. The dough goes into the hot oil, and it's so hot that poof. It cooks the dough. Like that.
Then a man comes. I dunno who. could be a woman, I guess, or a tall child maybe I'm not sure. Someone comes, ok? And they cut a hole out of it. And now it's a donut. Alright? Ok? You with me so far donut-sabe? Ok?

Alright this guy, here? So smart. Ok listen now you don't sound like you know a lot about bagels. So I'm gonna tell you how they make bagels alright. They get the dough, for the bagel. And they get it ready you see, any kinda bagel you want, big bagel, little bagel, bagel with fuckin raisins in it I don't fuckin care it's your fuckin bagel ok? Great you know what happens then Einsten Von Donut? They put. The Bagel. In Water. Hot water. Real hot water. Water probably at least as hot as the oil. Hotter even who fuckin knows am I a fuckin bagel? Am I getting cooked? No. Look, the bagel goes into the water and the hot water, just like the hot oil cooks it and the bagel comes out. And noooowwww you got a fuckin bagel. Same as the goddamn donut.

It's hot water, it's hot oil, it's dough. Now you got a circle of hot dough one with oil one with water because the Jews can't cook with oil or whatever and there ya go, same fuckin thing ok? There. Now eat your fuckin bagel.

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
Bullshit. Nothing ever comes for free.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

unknown butthole posted:

counter point: ur mom

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Donut dough and bagel dough aren’t the same. Donuts are made from a lighter, sweeter dough that is leavened. Bagels are denser and not as sweet. The flavor profile and texture aren’t the same, even if you cover them in the same topping the experience wouldn’t be the same.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Donut dough and bagel dough aren’t the same. Donuts are made from a lighter, sweeter dough that is leavened. Bagels are denser and not as sweet. The flavor profile and texture aren’t the same, even if you cover them in the same topping the experience wouldn’t be the same.

Let me ask you something real quick. You ever had one of them Samatau bagels?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol how many donuts can you fit on youre dick op? :thunk:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

unknown butthole posted:

Well, when you act like this, no, no it doesn't.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Lol how many donuts can you fit on youre dick op? :thunk:

We talkin' glazed or cake?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

Let me ask you something real quick. You ever had one of them Samatau bagels?

Can’t say that I have.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

They'll all be glazed when you're done.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

No what's a Samatau?

You're pissing me off with this donut and bagel poo poo, is what's the matter.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

You're pissing me off with this donut and bagel poo poo, is what's the matter.

EDIT: gently caress I just got the joke. That’s what I get for arguing while on a conference call.

In any case, we can drop the argument because it is based off of a (bad) joke that I made about wanting a crusted salt and pepper donut which would be gross.

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 21, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

cream cheese is dairy frosting

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Wait hold on, I’m not done yet. Let’s say you roll up to a Dunkin’ Donuts or wherever you go for this sort of thing, and order a donut. You come up to the window and pay and get your bag. You drive off to wherever it is you’re going. You open the bag and lo and behold there’s a gosh darn bagel. Is what you are saying is that your order is technically correct because bagels and donuts are the same thing?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Wait hold on, I’m not done yet. Let’s say you roll up to a Dunkin’ Donuts or wherever you go for this sort of thing, and order a donut. You come up to the window and pay and get your bag. You drive off to wherever it is you’re going. You open the bag and lo and behold there’s a gosh darn bagel. Is what you are saying is that your order is technically correct because bagels and donuts are the same thing?

Yes. If you go back and complain they'll look at you like a total rear end in a top hat and probably repeat the phrase, "Sir, that is a donut" many times.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Yes. If you go back and complain they'll look at you like a total rear end in a top hat and probably repeat the phrase, "Sir, that is a donut" many times.

*takes bag and storms out*

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Big Beef City posted:

You know how they make donuts? Do ya, pal? Do you? They put em in oil. Hot oil. The dough goes into the hot oil, and it's so hot that poof. It cooks the dough. Like that.
Then a man comes. I dunno who. could be a woman, I guess, or a tall child maybe I'm not sure. Someone comes, ok? And they cut a hole out of it. And now it's a donut. Alright? Ok? You with me so far donut-sabe? Ok?

Look at this guy who doesn’t even know the correct order of operations for donut making. Hole gets cut FIRST

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

teardrop posted:

Look at this guy who doesn’t even know the correct order of operations for donut making. Hole gets cut FIRST

He’s very angry about bagels

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Panera Bread/St. Louis Bread Co. is my go to for big dumb carbs. Either a cinnamon roll or one of those asiago bagels.

I like donuts too, but all we got around here is Dunkin, which is meh.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

teardrop posted:

You're smart guy now? Huh?

Fuckin coming over here to tell me about donuts and donut parts like a donut scientist? Yeah? Well riddle me this Captain Pastry Chef: You like donut holes? You eat donut holes? Little donut bits what get cut outta the donuts?

Right?

You know what they are? They're COOKED. Wise rear end.

You ever see bagel holes? Hmm? You ever see a fuckin bagel hole for sale, gettin cut out after a bagel gets cooked up? No? You know why? They take em out when it's still RAW IS WHY and put it back in with the other bagel poo poo! Otherwise the bagel don't float no good in WATER! It ain't in oil like a donut!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

god these are the dumbest things

Counterpoint: They're the greatest thing since sliced bread. With meat between the slices.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Mods please rename BBC to Big Bagel City.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

You're smart guy now? Huh?

Fuckin coming over here to tell me about donuts and donut parts like a donut scientist? Yeah? Well riddle me this Captain Pastry Chef: You like donut holes? You eat donut holes? Little donut bits what get cut outta the donuts?

Right?

You know what they are? They're COOKED. Wise rear end.

You ever see bagel holes? Hmm? You ever see a fuckin bagel hole for sale, gettin cut out after a bagel gets cooked up? No? You know why? They take em out when it's still RAW IS WHY and put it back in with the other bagel poo poo! Otherwise the bagel don't float no good in WATER! It ain't in oil like a donut!

I can see your face turning read in my mind's eye. It pleases me greatly.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I feel bad for anyone who intentionally gets donuts from Dunkin.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Dunkin' Donuts is what I imagine when I think of a donut shoppe set in the world of the book 1984. Bright colors, fake smiles, fake donuts and always cheery music.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dunkin' Donuts is what I imagine when I think of a donut shoppe set in the world of the book 1984. Bright colors, fake smiles, fake donuts and always cheery music.

A bakers dozen it had taken him to learn what kind of smear was hidden beneath the dark chocolate pastiche. O cruel, kneadless misunderstanding! O-shaped, stubborn, self-willed exile from risen yeast! Two frappe-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the sprinkles were finished. He had won the victory over himself.

He Loved Big Bagel.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

A bakers dozen it had taken him to learn what kind of smear was hidden beneath the dark chocolate pastiche. O cruel, kneadless misunderstanding! O-shaped, stubborn, self-willed exile from risen yeast! Two frappe-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the sprinkles were finished. He had won the victory over himself.

He Loved Big Bagel.

If I didn't know any better I'd say you've been on some kind of posting enhancing drug recently.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

my posting is enhanced

by love

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I feel bad for anyone who intentionally gets donuts from Dunkin.

As a life long New Englander I can vouch that they USED to be good. Like actually fresh donuts someone made at 3 am. Once they started expanding to a shop every 300 feet, production got moved to third party bakeries freeze n ship and pasteurized egg “product”.

:capitalism:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

As a life long New Englander I can vouch that they USED to be good. Like actually fresh donuts someone made at 3 am. Once they started expanding to a shop every 300 feet, production got moved to third party bakeries freeze n ship and pasteurized egg “product”.

:capitalism:

Probably true. I feel like Krispy Kreme donuts were very decent years ago too and are tasteless overly sugary garbage these days.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Krispy Kreme has always been exactly the same as it is now tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Well, when you act like this, no, no it doesn't.

We talkin' glazed or cake?

Jelly. :hai: