Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Syano posted:

:( yeah....

Or get rid of some kids

Surely there’s somewhere that will trade children for kayaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

prom candy posted:

A truck says that a person is a rugged individual that's open to performing manual labour and I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea about me.

:hmmyes:

Also, no one with a station wagon ever gets asked to help a friend move.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Colonel J posted:

WTF kind of boat is this??

The best kind.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

If you’re not doing whitewater or offshore paddling, really technical dry- and wetsuits are overkill and you’ll hate them and never wear them. Dry suits are for when you know you’re going to get wet in cold weather, or there’s a really good chance of it and your life depends on staying dry if you end up swimming. A good one costs more than your boat.

I really want to start doing some cold-water diving, but holy poo poo good dry suits are expensive. Worth every penny, but not cheap.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ur in my world now posted:

i have a 5 mm wetsuit that I use when I want to paddle board in january. it works pretty good in combination with some neoprene gloves and boots. that and my wake vest keeps me toasty even in a lovely missouri winter. not bad for using the sit on top kayak in the middle of winter either. it kind of owns to listlessly float around the river in the snow and drink beer.

I'm also a diver, but a diver that despises wearing wetsuits unless they're absolutely required. Turns out SharkSkin used to make a non-hooded version of this, but without pockets. I found mine in the clearance rack of the local Divers Direct. I wear it diving, I wear it for cold-water kayaking, I wear it on boats when its cold, thing is fantastic. Its basically a hoodie made out of a fancy 3mm neoprene composite. Absolutely wonderful for cool-weather water activities.