Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I’m still on a loaner kayak right now, but I have been shopping around and I really like the Vibe Shearwater 125 for a future purchase. Anyone got one and have thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

MrYenko posted:

The best kind.

To answer this question seriously though, its a pontoon boat.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I have an NRS Chinook, it’s comfy to wear for long periods of time and has the exact same storage and attachment point setup as my trout fishing vest, which makes it easy for me to swap back and forth.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I’m pretty late to fat guy kayaking chat, but I recommend a vibe shearwater, I can stand up on mine easily.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Went down a river this weekend with a bunch of family members. We were taking out at a guy's house, which we had never used before, and he had a dock that went down to the water with steps. I didn't know exactly where the ramp to use was so I was going to get off at the dock and walk up to talk to him.

I take my kayak up to the edge where the nose went up on the ground and I could see the water was very shallow up towards the front. What I didn't know was that the apparently the river just completely dropped off a shelf to approximately the center of the earth about 3 feet from the bank.

I stepped off my kayak and apparently it looked like a cartoon as I just went straight down and all that anyone saw was my tilley hat float on the surface. Then I bobbed to the surface from my life jacket and made my way up his dock soaked from head to toe. The ramp was just around some trees about 30 feet from where I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001
Yeah, I was laughing about it the entire time.

No, I couldn't come up to it on the side, it was a narrow opening with trees on each side and my kayak is 12.5 feet. The lesson learned was to check depth with the paddle if I couldn't see the bottom. :v: