Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Speaking of buying a kayak....how do you do it right now?

Like, everywhere is sold out, sun dolphin went out of business I thought, and from what little I've read the plastics come from overseas so even the US manufacturers arent making much right now.

I've been wanting to buy one, but literally can't find any in stock that arent 1. over $1k, 2. Lifetime walmart specials, or 3. Those fold-able or inflatable ones.

it suckssss

I ran into the same problem and ended up finding the 1 local shop with a couple options in stock. Ended up with a current designs solara 120, a bit more than I had hoped to pay, but it's worth it to have something. I could have saved a bit of money by going with a old town heron 11xt, but since the plan is to normally use it on Puget sound, I liked the extra piece of mind having 2 sealed bulkheads.

Pretty happy with it so far, been paddling around Whidbey island a bit this week when I have some free time. Seems to track well enough, though I don't have much frame of reference. Looking forward to getting more paddling time in this summer, the toddler makes it tough. I did pick up a pfd for her, so hopefully she likes going out with me.

It's nice to get out on the water, views like this is why I put up with living in Seattle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU