Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

Voodoofly posted:

Not really that great a set of photos, but here they are. It was raining most of the ride so I didn’t stop very often to take pics as I had my phone in a bag in my backpack and it was a hassle to get out. We have a couple shots of the bike before I set out, a shot on the bike path looking into downtown (I stopped to put on more gear because the rain picked up), two shots from the trail once I got into the forests going up the mountain, and then a couple shots back home which don’t show the mud nearly as much as it looked like in person before I cleaned it.

If the pics don’t work I’ll mess around with them once I’m at a computer.

The bell absolutely owns. If you're going to be riding any trails more rough or technical than this path, you should consider replacing that adjustable stem with a fixed-angle stem. I doubt that adjustable thing is rated for the force of singletrack trail riding, and the rest of the bike is ready to hit some fun trails, especially since you're in one of the best MTB areas in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

My present ride while the new bike gets finished

When was this? I was just there over the weekend (hiking, not biking)... is there a good route to get up there other than just taking the highway? Or were you based up in the mountains and just riding around the local area? I saw a few people riding on the highway and it looked miserable.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I did mostly highway except at Leura where I took the back roads (and some reeeeeeal mean pitches) to Echo Point. And yeah it was kinda miserable as there was a nasty headwind and also 40C on the road, when it's not blasting wind or hot as gently caress it's actually a decent ride, abeit 40 odd kms of mostly constant climbing.

We were showing some visiting friends around the area and the comment was made while driving between Leura and Katoomba that "this road is just mean".

I was out there Saturday morning, I probably would have engaged in awkward conversation had I seen you, since I seem to do that with everyone on a bike ("uh.... nice ride today?").